Thread: The Forums: FAQs and Guide to Getting Started

Threaded View

Default The Forums: FAQs and Guide to Getting Started

Forum Overview

Where can I find the forum rules?
    Click here to be acquainted with it. Take it to heart; it'll help you in the long run.

While you're there, you might as well check out the In-Game Rules. They usually help you understand the game and the forum content better, as well as being able to respond more appropriately to queries by other forum members.
    How do I find stuff on the forums?
    Use the Advanced Search feature of the forums: http://bbs.evony.com/search.php
    Refer to this thread for tips on how to use it more efficiently.
    How can I make better posts?
    To be frank, the only thing you need to do is to be respectful of other forum members and have fun while still trying to follow the forum rules. If you want a more detailed explanation, click here.
    What are prefixes and why should I use them?
    Prefixes help in sorting out threads. For instance, in the Help & Questions forum, there used to be no prefixes and this caused much confusion when Age I players tried to help someone who turns out to be an Age II player and vice-versa. With prefixes in place, one can distinguish which thread is for which Evony age, and players get faster, more reliable answers.
    When a prefix selection is present before the title field when you're posting a new thread, use it!

Posting Permissions, Forum Titles, and Forum Account FAQs

I'm new and I want to post a new thread, but it says I don't have permission. Why is this and what do I have to do to post one?
    Back in 2010, new forum permissions were implemented and newly-registered people were given the forum title "Civilian" (like yours!), which lets them post replies to open threads, but restricts them from making new threads. However, Civilians are allowed to make new threads in the Help & Questions sub-forum.
    This was in part done to combat spambots and to encourage new members to search first before posting.

Getting to the title "Knight" will remove this restriction for the other areas of the forum. To get there, you need 15 posts. However, refrain from spamming. Otherwise, you'll get infracted.

Already with 15 posts but still no Knight title?
    Just wait for the forums to tick over and you'll have your proper title (and the limitations of Civilian lifted) in no time.
    I am no longer new and I have more than 15 posts, but I can neither post a new thread nor replies?
    There are several possibilities.
    1. You are trying to post in a locked thread. You'll know it's locked if it has this at the top and bottom: .
    2. You are trying to post in a thread that is already in the archives.
    3. You are trying to post in the Evony - News section.
    My title isn't included in the new titles list. Did I do something wrong? How do I get a new one?
    Relax! This isn't a bug and no, you didn't do something wrong. It just means you haven't been back on the forums since the new titles were implemented, and hence you are stuck with the old one. Just start posting normally again and wait for the forums to tick over and update your title. It will change on its own after a while. (:
    I'm new. Why don't I have a forum title?
    You probably haven't activated your forum account yet. Go to the email address you registered with in this forum and look for the activation mail that was sent to you. (Be sure to check your spam folder if it's not in your Inbox.)
    Not there? Click here to resend the activation mail.
    What requirements are needed to reach a certain forum title?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Leap View Post
    Civilian: Your default title upon registering. Starting post: 0.
    Knight: You need a minimum of 15 posts.
    Baronet You need a minimum of 50 posts and should be a member of the forums for 30 days.
    Baron: You need a minimum of 100 posts and 60 days (2 months) on the forums.
    Viscount: You need a minimum of 200 posts and 90 days (3 months) on the forums.
    Earl: You need a minimum of 350 posts and 120 days (4 months) on the forums.
    Marquis: You need a minimum of 600 posts and 150 days (5 months) on the forums.
    Duke: You need a minimum of 1000 posts, 180 days (6 months) on the forums, and 200 reputation points.
    Furstin: You need a minimum of 1500 posts, 9 months on the forums, and 300 reputation points.
    Prinzessin: You need a minimum of 3000 posts, 1 year on the forums, and 400 reputation points.

You get extra perks (permissions/privileges) as your title goes up.
    Where do I change my forum account password or email address?
    Go to your User CP, and on the left side panel under Settings & Options, select Edit Email & Password.
    You can also use this link
    I am done with the forums! Can you please cancel/delete my account?!
    So soon?
    No can do. Forum members' accounts are never deleted unless it is absolutely necessary. And though we'd hate to see you go, the only option you have if you really want to leave is never to come back and visit us again (but we doubt that).

Gaming and Game Account Help FAQs
    Important Links: HELPSPOT | FEEDBACK FORUM | HELP & QUESTIONS | EVONY FEEDBACK FORUM

I need game assistance / I have an in-game issue. Where do I get help?
    • The first step is to search for your problem on the forums.
    • If it doesn't turn up in the search results, post your question in the Help & Questions section. Other players like you may lend you some insight on your problem and help you solve it.
    • If that doesn't do it and the problem persists, proceed to the next question.
    Can a moderator help me fix this problem?
    Technically, moderators and senior moderators can't help you fix your in-game issue. They can only help you if it involves the forums.
    Other than that, mods usually just advise you to follow the procedure in filing a complaint or reporting a person/bug in the game via Evony's very own Helpspot / Help Center here: http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=106277
    Where do I find game guides?
    You will find them in this sub-forum: Game Guides and FAQs. Click here for the complete list of all the helpful guides ever submitted.
    I have a suggestion to improve the game. Where do I post it?
    You can use the Game Suggestion Box sub-forum to post it. Alternatively, you can also visit the official Evony Feedback Forum and submit it there.
    Where do I get information about all the servers' opening and merge dates?
    Last edited by Quantum Leap; 11-26-2012 at 10:22 AM.