Thread: Heroes and their Intel

Default Heroes and their Intel

Okay. Well I was talking to some of my friends in my Alliance. They started talking about Intel on their heroes. I would like to know, is it worth it to say, get Intel to 100, or even 150? I was told these things on why I should. I do not know if any of them are true.

>>> Lowers troop loss on attacks.
    >>> Gives more chance for loot on an attack.

Whats your opinion??
    "I find it better to live a life believing in GOD and
    find out He doesn't exist than live life thinking
    there is no GOD and finding out He does exist."

Wanna chat? Super Server 45. New name: LordKris

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon ShadeSlayer View Post
    Okay. Well I was talking to some of my friends in my Alliance. They started talking about Intel on their heroes. I would like to know, is it worth it to say, get Intel to 100, or even 150? I was told these things on why I should. I do not know if any of them are true.

>>> Lowers troop loss on attacks.
    >>> Gives more chance for loot on an attack.

Whats your opinion??
    Lowers losses: True. They increase defence by 1% for each level, up to 500 defence. You will notice that Phracts are past 500 before intel is even used, so they do not get a buff. Also, swords are the second highest defence, maxing out at 50. It is good to have a hero or two with good intel. I have trained a number of mildly good intel heros. They are not effective on offence (except in select cases) because most attacks will die in one round from archers/layers, so the levels are wasted. The only troop who uses the buff well is Rams, who use 163intel to max out.

Intel heros on defence is a different story though. If you have a good att on the intel hero, and a good amount of troops, they really help with survivability.

I do not know if they increase drop rates, not proven.
    SS31~Sephiroth~PKU

Im not sure bout getting items but the higher the intel is the more defense to you troops (but every troop has a limit on which intel will help them, for instance, 50 is the max for swords. after 50 intel wont help swords defense anymore)

Umm i wouldn't raise intel on your main attack hero you use to train troops but i would on your second highest attack hero if he has a good base intel.

The chart of the intel lv needed for max is in this thread
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=84773

Quote Originally Posted by The Sephiroth View Post
    Lowers losses: True. They increase defence by 1% for each level, up to 500 defence. You will notice that Phracts are past 500 before intel is even used, so they do not get a buff. Also, swords are the second highest defence, maxing out at 50. It is good to have a hero or two with good intel. I have trained a number of mildly good intel heros. They are not effective on offence (except in select cases) because most attacks will die in one round from archers/layers, so the levels are wasted. The only troop who uses the buff well is Rams, who use 163intel to max out.

Intel heros on defence is a different story though. If you have a good att on the intel hero, and a good amount of troops, they really help with survivability.

I do not know if they increase drop rates, not proven.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by overover View Post
    Im not sure bout getting items but the higher the intel is the more defense to you troops (but every troop has a limit on which intel will help them, for instance, 50 is the max for swords. after 50 intel wont help swords defense anymore)

Umm i wouldn't raise intel on your main attack hero you use to train troops but i would on your second highest attack hero if he has a good base intel.

Alright. So raise intel on my attack hero with the highest Intel base as long as its not my main? I think I'll do that.
    "I find it better to live a life believing in GOD and
    find out He doesn't exist than live life thinking
    there is no GOD and finding out He does exist."

Wanna chat? Super Server 45. New name: LordKris

Quote Originally Posted by overover View Post

I have been trying to find more up to date evidence on the pros and cons of added intel taking into account the attacks we use today both in terms of the troops we use and the amounts we use.

If anyone has had time to test any theories and have reports I will be happy to study them.

Once your main hero reaches a instant archer/cavs or what ever you want raising intel is a good idea as rasing attack won't help make troops you need faster.
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

I'm not disagreeing with your idea of increasing intel after attack has reached the desired level.... I'm just wondering what the logic is?

I have a 200 intel hero and he is only used for farming and trying to capture the hero that is defending a city

I don't know if it works any better than any other hero, it's just what I do
    It's worked AND it hasn't so I'm looking for insight
    Ardee Fan Club

Well to cap enemy heros politics helps, intel raises defense, so when attacked or scouted you will end up loosing less troop
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

I pay attention to intel enough to look for a decent stat. I will take a 64atk/48int over a 69atk/12int any day. But, I still don't spend the attribute points from leveling on intel, they all go into attack. I try to find good attack heros with an intel of at least 45. That will put my swords very close to max defense, and will give a little boost to other units.

I suppose I might put level points into intel if I ever reached instant ballista or insta-pults. But, that's not gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Ok, I'll trust that you speak from experience

I have had zero luck caping heroes with a pol hero but I haven't tried often
    I normally only use a pol hero when that is the intended new mayor

I was given in game advice regarding intel heroes

I'll give it another try and see how it goes
    Ardee Fan Club