Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Bear [OOC]

Cort, chronicling the downfall of Admiral Castas

Quote Originally Posted by Boleslav View Post
    I think that would be an interesting layer to add to the story. Have you seen or read Pride and Prejudice? There is small town nobility such as Sir Lucas and there is the big time elite aristocracy such as Lady Catherine de Burgh. I'm thinking something on the lines of small town nobility would be no problem.
    Works for me. (And I read... part of Pride and Prejudice.)

That kind old lady stopped the rain for us.
    She said it would only make us cold, and miserable, and sick.
    We thanked her and hugged her and she walked away smiling warmly.
    I miss the puddles...

Please view this post http://bbs.evony.com/showpost.php?p=1545781&postcount=7

It is now possible to start putting together character applications. I invite everyone who expressed an interest on this thread to do so, and I invite any lurkers to take the plunge too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bree Fletcher View Post
    Name: Ecgleofu (Pronounced "EDGE-low-fah" )
    Approximate Age: Early 20's
    Job or Trade: Scholar, of sorts
    Domestic Situation: There's a small lord's manor and a father back at her home.
    Conscience: Tainted. Ecgleofu possesses an outwardly obvious conviction that she should already be dead, probably due to something in her past she does not discuss.
    Everyday Appearance: Tall, with shoulder-length light brown hair and light green eyes. She wears a purple-lined shirt and brown breeches. A sword hangs at her side, but no other weapons.
    Skills:
    -Swordsmanship: 2
    -Lore/Historical Knowledge: 5
    -Magical Knowledge: 3
    -Speechcraft: 2
    -Luck: 4 (I thought it mattered enough to call it a skill.)
    Starting Equipment:
    -Longsword
    -A number of old books
    Important Background Information: Theollon is a well-known noble and war hero in the service of a Northern king. He and his war band has participated in some of that region's more notable military engagements, but is now growing old. Ecgleofu is the well-favored daughter of Theollon.
    The one part I'm wondering about is the sword. It's easily removable, if you want.

I miss the puddles...

The sword is fine Bree. - you are accepted.

Oh. Thought. Is it power words = magic, or is there other magic besides them?

I miss the puddles...

Quote Originally Posted by Boleslav View Post
    Constellations & Fate - an Explanation

In this world, constellations are believed to influence fate. There are five signs in the zodiac: The Bull, The Dragon, The Horse, The Owl, and The Cat. Every player is associated with one sign of the zodiac at the start of the RP.

Allow what you consider to be aspects of the sign in your characterization and interactions. You should also provide a minimum of two hints throughout the story as to what your constellation is.

was there a further explanation of the signs that i missed? sorry if there is, but i want to play my char reasonable well withing all the guidelines given. i just wanted to get some clarification on weather or not the houses had attributes they favored, or if it is all up to us.

Name: Cale Griffith
    Approximate Age: 25ish
    Job or Trade: Blacksmith
    Domestic Situation: Well off due to being the sole blacksmith in town, lives in a house attached to his shop.
    Conscience: 4. Pragmatic
    Everyday Appearance: Cale has shoulder length blonde hair, and hazel eyes. His skin is tanned and his hands are calloused from his work. He has pretty strong arms from his work in the shop. Normally wears leather pants and a short sleeve green shirt, with a tan Blacksmith's Apron over it.
    Skills:
    -Smelting: 4
    -Forging: 4
    -Swordsmanship: 2
    -Hammer Combat: 5
    Starting Equipment:
    -Blacksmith Hammer
    -Longsword
    Important Background Information: Cale was orphaned at the age of 5 and lived on the streets for a couple years. When he was 8 years old he met Balthazar, a widowed blacksmith whose wife died of an unknown disease, and who was later on in life. Balthazar had no children and had to close his shop due to his age. Wanting to leave a legacy, Balthazar took in Cale and taught him his craft. Balthazar died 9 years later, when Cale was 17. By this time Cale had become more then adept at the craft and fully reopened Balthazar's store. Now the store has become a strong business presence in the town, supplying the local guard with its weaponry, farming tools to the populace, and a good amount of profit to Cale.
    Last edited by wpack10; 02-22-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by <3Sari<3 View Post
    K time to attempt to get started:

Name: Aevalaine (prounounced e-val-an-yah)-she was ironically named for foreign goddesses of sexuality and love. Her father calls her Aeva (e-va)

Approximate Age: early to mid 20s

Job or Trade: Aevalaine is a hunter and a skilled healer. She trades game, and fur etc. She always successfully heals her patients (there is a reason for this but she is not aware of it as of yet), but this is only occasional and on the side, and she does not charge, although people usually give her gifts for her efforts.

Domestic Situation: lives in a modest home with her crippled father

Conscience: Reflective/Pragmatic: Believes the ends justify the means she will do something considered harsh if she thinks it will protect herself or people she loves. She has a bad opinion of most people.

Everyday Appearance: Aevalaine has a long mane of golden brown curly hair that she usually keeps tied in a knot under a hunting cap of some sort. Wide, long lashed hazel/green eyes that seem to change color, with high cheekbones and a long straight nose. Bright, clear skin, always slightly flushed at the cheeks. A few hunting scars on her arms, and a small one on her forehead. She is tall, and walks straight and confident. She wears simple, loose-fitting clothing that hides her curves, and a leather belt slung loosely around her waist, her pouch of herbs and several different sized knives hanging from it, and her bow and quiver of arrows slung across her back. She always wears her mother's amulet.

Skills: Archery 7
    Herbalism/(Healing) 6
    Trapping 3

Starting Equipment: Hunting bow and arrows-(worn in to suit her to perfection). Some small knives used for skinning. A pouch of herbs. Her mother's amulet.

Important Background Information: Aevalaine has proficient hunting skills because her mother died in childbirth, and her father was a hunter. Since no one was around to watch her, her father took her hunting with him and he taught her to shoot, trap game, track and skin. She and her father are very close, and he is a very kind hearted man. Her mother, who her father never speaks of and who she knows little about was a very skilled healer and left behind many of her journals, full of healing techniques and sketches of plants with healing properties and their uses. Wanting to know as much about her mother as possible, Aevalaine studied these journals diligently as a child, and took to looking for the plants while on hunting trips with her father. She loves healing because it makes her feel closer to the mother she never knew, and subconsciously she is guilty for "killing" her mother, and the healing is almost a way of redeeming herself. When she was reaching adolescence her father was severely injured in a hunting accident, and Aevalaine became the sole supporter for her and her father. She has a very gruff exterior, is very tough, and does not have very feminine habits. She is very aloof, and although she is extremely beautiful and sexually appealing, most of the men in town avoid her (people in general actually) due to the fact that at a young age a few men in town propositioned her, and tried to take advantage of her when her father was injured. When one caught her alone and went to far...let's just say the outcome was not pretty for him.
    My character!
    Last edited by <3Sari<3; 02-05-2011 at 04:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rasterbee View Post
    Hey Sari, change the your "quote" in your sig.
    DONE

You have three guesses. The first two don't count.

Name Alexivia Papago (Goes by Alex, most of the time)
    Gender Female
    Approximate Age 17
    Job or Trade She provides for her and her younger brother by hunting and trading the meat that she kills.
    Domestic Situation Her and her brother live together in a small house that their parents had left beind them. It has four rooms, but it rather comfortable for two people.
    Conscience Tainted/ Pragmatic
    Everyday Appearance She has dark brown hair, almost always tied up, blue eyes, a small nose and fair skin. (Think Russian.) She wears clothes that would be typically be worn by men (like leather tights, baggy hunting jackets and boots).
    Skills

Archery: 7
    Swordsmanship: 4
    Manipulation: 5

Starting Equipment:
    A bow and a quiver of arrows
    A hunting knife (for cleaning animals)
    A good pair of boots
    A ring inlaid with sapphire and diamond

Important Background Information:

Alexivia and her brother, Daemian (10), were orphaned when Alex was 10 herself. Their parents had died when a group of rioters protesting more freedoms were killed off. Their parents had been innocent bystanders, but they were wrongly killed by the peace keepers during the mayhem.
    Alex brought up herself and her brother using only her bow, which she used to kill game, some of which she traded in the market for other necsisary products. Alex is rather manipulativ, a skill she gained through working with the other traders, who tried to scam her until they realized she was the one scamming them.
    Alex learned swordsmanship when she was young froma trainer that her parents had hired. She was quite good, but when her parents were gone, she needed to take control of her life and her brother's, which led to a degeneration in her swordsmanship skills.
    Last edited by Arathorn136; 01-27-2011 at 11:49 PM.

^Shenanigans in Inkscape^

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

It's always time for Tim's.

Name: Alec Mal'Thor
    Approximate Age: Late teens
    Job or Trade: N/a
    Domestic Situation: raised by a farmer and his wife after the accident
    Conscience: Tainted, When Alec found out what had happened to his birth parents he instantly blamed himself for living when they had died
    Everyday Appearance: small and lithe frame, he has sandy colored close cropped hair, and stunning Blue/Green eyes. Though everyone else in the village has some similarities due to the remoteness of the village Alec sticks out hes a hand shorter then anyone else his age and his more angular then what is common
    Skills:
    -slight of hand 2
    -acrobatics/parkour 3
    -two weapons fighting 2
    -throwing weapons 2
    -hide 1
    -sneak 2
    Starting Equipment:
    - 2 short swords
    - 3 daggers
    - tinkers garb
    -utility belt
    --assorted pouches
    climbing gear(gripped gloves and spiked shoes attachment)
    tinder and flint
    15 feet of knotted black silk rope, with hook at one end
    rucksack
    fishing wire 5 hooks
    deck of cards
    sheep bladder container with stopper for water or other liquids

Important Background Information: Alec is the son of tinkers his families troop was traveling in the area when it was attacked and destroyed by bandits, he was left for dead only to be found by a couple of farmers whos own kids had grown and left the house. The farmers gathered what they could from disaster to give to Alec when he grew older, but he had no memory of the accident or his past life, it would be 10 years before they told him the truth about where he was found, and given the short swords that had belonged to his father, the Daggers his mother had carried and the Tinkers garb his brother had worn. Upon find out about his past Alec was assaulted with waves of anguish for the family he had let die but been forced to live on with out, he thanked the two kind old farmers for raising him and told them he planned on setting out to find the outlaws who had killed his family and avenge his family or possibly join them in the afterlife though that part was left out.
    Last edited by ImSoHit420; 02-20-2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: updatinf equipment
    Properity of <3Sari<3 her vary own fruitcup
    Quote Originally Posted by <3Sari<3 View Post
    *gives plate of cookies*

put something about u being my property in ur sig!

if ur good u get more cookies!