Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Server of all Servers (flat rate server)

Default The Server of all Servers (flat rate server)

If Evony wants to give back to its players then lets have a server where we can find out who is the best of the best is.

I present that Evony make 1 server where there is no shop. Instead of a shop the server has a flat rate of something like $10 a month to play. Lets see who is the best Evony has with out the huge spenders.

Drop rates can be a bit higher and everything should be able to be found in valleys and such. For instance, materials for hero gear can be found in the different valleys like they are found rarely in normal Age 2 servers. There are so many things you could do to make sure the same aspects of Evony are there just with making players work to get it. This would be the best server ever. And I know it would draw huge player participation.

Lets see it Evony!

2. Default

Sorry, no subscription play...
    Gimme a sec to quote please.

Subscription to play Evony - We will not be doing this.

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?p=730850
    Posted here: http://bbs.evony.com/showpost.php?p=1389323&postcount=4

As for medal drop wait... one more minute please. *advertisements start*

Adjust Medal Drop Rate - We will not be doing this.

Found in same place.
    Last edited by LordMac123; 01-21-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Week 9 voting and Week 10 entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I'm not sure if there was a counterpoint in there. But, if it will make you happy, then I yield the dispute to put an end to this tangent. You win.
    I won!
    Enter the Void - My Video Gaming Forum

It is free forever still, not like there aren't free servers. Just one server can be made subscription.

And I am not complaining about medal drop rates, i am just saying on a subscription server their is no need for them to be so tight with the items since no one will be buying them. So might as well make the item drop better.

But to my first point, making 1 subscription server does not keep evony from being free forever when there are plenty of free servers.

And if you think the wording is a bit questionable, well we all know that evony has no problem with questionable wording.
    Last edited by Nateorious; 01-21-2011 at 08:11 PM.

YEAH it woudnt be "evony free-forever" if was 10$ a month now would it ? thats a good idea tho
    thnx to tin AND morgan 4 pics.

i dont care wat fred says.....its still apple cherry
    i told him not to go ALL the way up the ladder *sigh* well......atleast he has the cast to remind him
    if i helped,was useful,nice,awesome then rep+ me

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nateorious View Post
    It is free forever still, not like there aren't free servers. Just one server can be made subscription.

And I am not complaining about medal drop rates, i am just saying on a subscription server their is no need for them to be so tight with the items since no one will be buying them. So might as well make the item drop better.

But to my first point, making 1 subscription server does not keep evony from being free forever when there are plenty of free servers.

And if you think the wording is a bit questionable, well we all know that evony has no problem with questionable wording.
    Well, I am not saying I don't take your point. I am just asking, it sounds like you are saying people pay $10 a month for better item drops and whatnot. I just don't think evony is planning anything subscription based besides autocents.

Week 9 voting and Week 10 entries.
    I'm not sure if there was a counterpoint in there. But, if it will make you happy, then I yield the dispute to put an end to this tangent. You win.
    I won!
    Enter the Void - My Video Gaming Forum

Well what i am saying is a even playing ground for people that are willing to fork out $10 a month for one server. People don't have the option to buy coins but can get the items need through playing the game. The best way to find out who is the best is to put out an even playing ground.

Now I saw the evony person in the one thread that some of the best evony players dont spend money at all. And I am not saying that isnt true. But I havent found one reasonable person who has said that spending money doesn't give a player an advantage. So lets not give advantages for one server and let people play on a one time server for $10 a month.

Its still free, just go to the free server!

It be fun as hell and we can see how different it is without the big spenders and there would be no reason to complain about them.

Just a thought. It be awesome, that is for sure. Now is it profitable for evony or profitable enough, well that is what evony will look at. If it is then we will get it, if not then we wont.

The free forever can be worked around thats for sure.

Any one who really plays this game can verify, it is not a "free game"

you can log in and build for free, but thats all really, you cannot compete with top money players, especially on the new age2 servers
    you are doing little more than creating a farm that is a little bit more costly to plunder

for just ONE server

why not make a completely free server ?

have no shop, no chance to buy coins,
    just you, your alliance , and facebook

to really show how good a player you are,

any one can buy the 30$ packages constantly and speed up the production of troops ,cities and so on to dominate,
    but if you cant buy these packages, then what?

im sure many players like me feel this, i payed on one server before, but have not got the money to keep it up

for the costs, im sure advertisings and profits from other servers and the money brought in from people buying medals since the new drop rates are enough to compensate this one server to really show that it IS "free for ever"
    or even a once off 30$ cost to allow promotion from baron to the next title

either that, or go with the post above this, even do, i wouldnt pay 120$ a year to play this game infairness,not EVEN if it wasnt changed DRASTICALLY

The thing is since evony can't stop multis and bots, it wouldn't be the best of the best.

A player could just open 10 accounts on the server and have a huge advantage. And I doubt evony would be trying real hard to ban these multis when they are getting a monthly fee from each.

I have said this many times. There are three things that evony needs to do. Stop account sharers, stop bots and stop multis. If they could do this 95% of the compliants and problems would stop. IMO this is all they should be focusing on. Thats it, these things have been problems for 2 years now and most of the other problems problems stem from this.

Sorry rant over.

Texas, desperately wishing I was in Michigan

Here is the problem with this idea, as I see it.

Suppose Evony starts a free or flat-rate-to-join server.

Evony will lose money on this server. You can argue all you want that they can make up the difference on other servers or whatnot, but this is a for-profit company, they aren't in it to REALLY make it free.

People would flock to the free or flat-rate server, and eventually it would get full. Then, people would be whining and moaning that it's full--so they must open npcs and make the server more crowded, which everyone will complain about. People will complain and complain that they "need" another free server, much like they whine for new server openings now.

So then Evony is faced either making another free server and losing money in upkeep costs and money loss in the form of losing players on other servers, or endless complaints that they are heartless, greedy corporation (which frankly, they already get enough of). If they give in, it starts the cycle all over again. One more free server, one more free server... It will never be enough!

Better for Evony to nip it in the bud and never allow a free server to happen in the first place.

From a business standpoint it's just bad.
    Proud owner of a Pessimist's Mug
    This is our most desperate hour. Help us, Dawnseeker/Thantium/DaveMata-Kenobi, you're our only hope.

Nope can't see this improving anyone's gameplay and who's going to pay $10 to play a free forever game. Kudos for making the suggestion but there isn't much logic to it.

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!