Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alt accounts?

Default Alt accounts?

So you tell me, alt account place holder a strategy or a cheat?

1. Evony cleared some NPC's
    2. Enemy creates alt account.
    3. Chooses our state, maybe they land near me, maybe they dont
    4. If they dont land near me, reset account and try again.
    5. Landed near me (us) now holding a flat for 7 days.
    6. I fill in all other flats when it comes around to lvl 10.
    7. Enemy random ports the alt out, adv ports in war city.

This buys them 7 days time to get stuff together and a new way to "port" right next to you. I thought that alt accounts where against the TOS unless proper notification is given. So I'm good to report the account(s) doing this right?

P.S. If you want to fight, come on. Don't make an alt account and try to sneak in. If you sneaking in then you must be afraid? Just saying

If they have multiple accounts you can report them, you need sufficient proof though.

Thanks for the sig Morgan

Alt accounts are against the TOS PERIOD. As faras I know there is no excuse for a single player to make them legally.
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

4. Default

Those who make alts are those who cannot dedicate about 85% of their daily life to Evony.

Week 9 voting and Week 10 entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I'm not sure if there was a counterpoint in there. But, if it will make you happy, then I yield the dispute to put an end to this tangent. You win.
    I won!
    Enter the Void - My Video Gaming Forum

Alt accounts may be against the terms of service however, there are so many players that run alt accounts.

Some use them as "feeder accounts" --> They make 2 cities wood and iron 100 percent, put them next to thier main account and feed it resources every day.

Some people run 2 accounts, simple as that. If they get killed in one account they move to the second and all is better.

Some people use them like you said above.

Fact is, I would not be surprised if 80 percent of evony players have created a second or more accounts on the same server. Evony would have a rough time banning them for multiple people could be on the same IP. For example, Im at college and run off the college internet. Whos to say that one of the other 30,000 kids here doesnt have an account on the same server. We are on the same IP, however are in no way relation to each other.
    Sig by Jade

S131, 148, 156, 165 (retired)

Cool Alts, a pain in Evony's behind.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apothis- View Post
    So you tell me, alt account place holder a strategy or a cheat?

1. Evony cleared some NPC's
    2. Enemy creates alt account.
    3. Chooses our state, maybe they land near me, maybe they dont
    4. If they dont land near me, reset account and try again.
    5. Landed near me (us) now holding a flat for 7 days.
    6. I fill in all other flats when it comes around to lvl 10.
    7. Enemy random ports the alt out, adv ports in war city.

This buys them 7 days time to get stuff together and a new way to "port" right next to you. I thought that alt accounts where against the TOS unless proper notification is given. So I'm good to report the account(s) doing this right?

P.S. If you want to fight, come on. Don't make an alt account and try to sneak in. If you sneaking in then you must be afraid? Just saying
    It is a strategy used by those that cheat the game. They say all is fair in love and war and although many 'Evony Addicts' do not condone the use of them, I am sure that if you and your alliance were using these 'tactics' it would be to their own personal gain and if 'the end justifies the means' it is, to them a viable strategy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoner View Post
    If they have multiple accounts you can report them, you need sufficient proof though.
    Good luck with reporting them. They are called 'Alts' because they are disposable and Evony will have a hard time trying to keep up. You don't even need to make a dummy email account for it, just put in any old 'bogus' email address and hey presto you have an 'Alt'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi View Post
    Alt accounts may be against the terms of service however, there are so many players that run alt accounts.

Some use them as "feeder accounts" --> They make 2 cities wood and iron 100 percent, put them next to thier main account and feed it resources every day.

Some people run 2 accounts, simple as that. If they get killed in one account they move to the second and all is better.

Some people use them like you said above.

Fact is, I would not be surprised if 80 percent of evony players have created a second or more accounts on the same server. Evony would have a rough time banning them for multiple people could be on the same IP. For example, Im at college and run off the college internet. Whos to say that one of the other 30,000 kids here doesnt have an account on the same server. We are on the same IP, however are in no way relation to each other.
    I have come across some 'Big Hitters' with a whole alliance of 'Alts' dedicated to feeding them so they can amass massive armies in a bid control the server. In war there's only one rule you must know, " There are NO RULES'

Quote Originally Posted by Phyton View Post
    snip In war there's only one rule you must know, " There are NO RULES'
    I like that

in the OT, under Morgan's desk, hiding with CHICK

I could get flamed for this.. but here goes:

1. The rules should be more realistic - Accounts on the same IP should not be exchanging resources, troops etc. Especially private IP addresses given to home consumers.

2. Some alts are there just so that people can chat etc in branches and all. Not everyone uses skype and even then, first hand coordination is a lot different. Some recognition of this should be there. Evony probably imposes the 100 member limit to avoid total pwning of servers but realistically, there are big coalitions anyway, need to bring rules in line with game.

3. The attack cooperation between alts should be clamped down on. AND so should bots, because of giving same benefit, larget troop numbers per player.

(c) Ravensigs production
    Quote Originally Posted by llCHICKll View Post
    lol, you are worst than ardee... at least she tells you right away to pizz off lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    Announcement:
    I will start randomly deleting a post of practicalfool here and there over time to mess with his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRon View Post
    Then go and play a different game LordMac. Lame excuse to justify adopting a tactic that is against TOS and ruins the game experience of those who play by the rules.
    I feel your pain there CaptainRon Evony are the ones that need to fix the issue not the players, I just don't see them doing it. its probably on that list of things not to do, right under the "do not remove inactive accounts"

Quote Originally Posted by LordMac123 View Post
    Those who make alts are those who cannot dedicate about 85% of their daily life to Evony.
    My numbers don't add up.

If a single account person dedicates 85% of thier daily life to Evony, shouldn't a multiaccounter dedicate 85*n% of their life to Evony?

For 2 accounts 170% And so on.

Who has 170% of daily life?