Page 1 of 199 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The News

Behind you!! You looked, didn't you? Don't even try and deny it.

Default The News

Greetings all, and welcome to the Na1 News station. Here, I hope to make the knowledge of the Na1 News public, post announcements and news broadcasts (after they have been given in WC).

Method 1 (Current): I talk to the public and hosts of Na1 and glean what I believe is important news. I then post this news in a condensed form in WC and copy it here, in a new post and in the first post.

Method 2 (Proposed): Anyone who wishes posts their news "article" in this thread. I then read them and summarise each into a line, or a few words. I then post this list into WC, copy to the first post and in a new post. The lists in the forums will include hyperlink to the individual "article". People can then choose which articles they want to read, and read them. Like I say, saves time and speakers for me, and people include all and any info they wish to include, to a higher degree of accuracy than my summary.

Depending on how many mails I recieve giving me information, I will post news updates in WC at regular intervals.
    These broadcasts will be every Saturday at 15:00 ST.
    N.B. All Saturday (15:00) broadcasts will be unannounced. Only extra broadcasts and cancelled broadcasts will be announced, in the preceeding broadcast, here and in the "News" alliance intro.

Possible submission ideas

These are just a few things you could mail to me. I'm sure you all will be much more adept than me at ideas.

Main alliance war announcements. For instance, if Khans declared against 3OO.
    In link with the above, coalition agreements.
    Alliance Recruitment
    Main HC takeovers. Probably not 12s, but 14s and upwards, definitely.
    Alliance campaigns. For instance, a lot of Khans tele'ing to Romagna to take on Bash and their allies.
    Higher star set achievements. 12+(?) star SETS, not induvidual items.
    Jokes. We all need to have fun once in a while. If I get enough, I might do a joke of the week or something. N.B. There will be no prize.
    Great battle reports. See the latter sentences in Jokes.
    Big players quitting. There are some players that deserve a server wide goodbye.
    Any other ideas you might have.

Anything that is mailed to me will likely get a mention, unless I deem it "inappropriate" or extremely insignificant. This will be quite rare though, I hope.

I will also probably add in news on market trends, maybe some weather but that doesn't really require much info. If you have something witty for me to say, about the weather, for example, then mail it to me and it might end up in, you never know.

PLEASE NOTE: The player's name and alliance who sent the information to me will be kept confidential, unless the player expressly tells me otherwise, or the nature of the news requires it. In the latter situation, I will always check with you. For example, if xxPlayerxx was quitting, I would need to mention their name, obviously. Remember, I will not reveal any information that the player does not wish for me to reveal, to ANYONE.

Please do not hesitate to mail me in game or here. I will answer any question, no matter how small or how big.

All mails to NewsFlash on Na1, or here to my forums acc.

For now, that's all I have to say. This post will be updated in the near future. Please hang on in there and keep checking back for updates.

Our news team now consists of 3 members. Myself (NewsFlash), RedFever (was NewsAst, but got locked out. If you mailed NewsAst, please resend mails to RedFever) and GossipGirl. If you would like to join the team, mail me ingame, or here.

If you would like me to send you the news report in game, please PM me here, or in game to NewsFlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
    Tonight's broadcast:

Good evening everyone, and welcome to our eighteenth episode of NewsFlash - Na1 News, with me, NewsFlash.

The race for gov became heavily heated this week with a new contender, Laney. She quickly drew almost level with QB, but they continued to be close in number of votes, but Laney didn't win. QB raised the loyalty on Atlantis during a set of attacks, after promising she would raise on any city, no matter who's. There has been some speculation however about whether it was honest or just for publicity.

In similar news, account numbers are increasing rapidly, suggesting one side, or both, are making new accounts to vote for their respective candidate.

Apologies for any news forgotten. Please mail any news you have to "NewsFlash".

Please see the forum thread in Index > Age II Server Discussion > The News. See the Alliance News' intro for link. Thank you, and goodnight.
    Last edited by Hehe; 09-04-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Method
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion (Skype)
    Suddenly, a few lightyears have passed.

Thanks to Morgan, my lovely wife, for my sig!
    Na1 News - Giving The News to Na1.

Post Thank you

Good idea really, can be useful - thanks!! Back to the maps I go.

The only 12s worth mentioning I think would be the ones near the state 16s.

Rock has know lost all there 14's as well as there 16, and a few players have allready left, figured tis might be news worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by aparhsm90 View Post
    Rock has know lost all there 14's as well as there 16, and a few players have allready left, figured tis might be news worthy.
    Thank you. Have you got coords? PM me them if you do

Thanks.

Sounds like a good idea

Right, time to get this show on the road. I haven't got an awful lot of news, but enough to get things going. Our 1st broadcast will be tomorrow (Saturday 12th) at 15:00 server time (21:00 GMT).

Remember to keep sending in your news to NewsFlash!!

See you all then
    Last edited by Hehe; 02-11-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Be sure to include all the recent captures due to holiday mode being fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Transcend View Post
    Be sure to include all the recent captures due to holiday mode being fixed.
    I need to spend the early part of tomorrow catching up with them all firstly, but I've got some atm.

Default First News Broadcast

Our very first news broadcast.

Good evening everyone, and welcome to our first episode of NewsFlash - Na1 News, with me, NewsFlash.
    Firstly, CanuckS2 has reformed under the new name of Valkyrie. Good luck to them.
    The bug fix yesterday has been met with mixed feelings. HCs have changed hands lightning fast, to the obvious sadness of previous owners.
    However, it has been met with delight by many other players who have managed to capture HCs that have been uncapturable for a long time.
    Several such cities include Ankara (693,627) and 2 12s lost by Caspian to Khans. These are only a few of the hundreds of HC captures.
    Our main story tonight is that of AfterDeath. He has now managed to hold 700,100 by himself for several weeks.
    The troops are yet to be broken, as are the scouts. Congratulations to AD, and good luck.
    Earlier in the week, Khans began to hit 700,300. They successfully broke the city in 15 mins, and I have been told that paladinjes began to comfort.
    However, only a few hours ago, despite expectations of a long battle, London was NPC'd. It was not long before M of Khans capped it, giving him 3 16s.
    Congratulations to Khans, and good luck.
    Now for Stocks and Shares. Food has been on a slow increase for a while now, though I suspect it will drop again with this 50% food buff.
    Lumber is sitting just above iron, and have been staying there for a while.
    Thank you for joining me for this episode of NewsFlash. If you have a news story, please mail me.
    Please see the forum thread in Index > Age II Server Discussion > The News. See the Alliance News' intro for link. Thank you, and goodnight.