Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Bear [Red team]

"Smith" nodded to Haffys, and picked up the girl, and placed the giggling child on the stool.

He looked at her. "There is room for another person to stay at my place tonight. I can't have you sleep outside. I'm not sure what the weather will do to you."

He had a concerned look on his face. He cared for this girl, for some reason other than the fact that she was simply there.
    Formerly known as Jurnis

Niel had sensed someone from the door. Can only be him...

"Jedidiah, only you can reek so bad from this rain. Take a seat."

He has changed, a bit taller perhaps... but there is something else

Say, you seem more a little more covert then before...
    Last edited by Reasoner; 02-07-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Cort, chronicling the downfall of Admiral Castas

Ecgleofu caught Aevalaine by the arm as she returned to the inn. "Somefin-uh, something wrong?" she asked. Yeah, her mind was definitely getting a little clouded. Ecgleofu shook her head and tried to displace the haze.

Well, if nothing else, she could probably do a little tale-collecting while she was at the Golden Bear. "Here, I'll get you something to eat and if you're from around here like I think you are, maybe you could tell me what you know of the history? That's all I ask, really."

That kind old lady stopped the rain for us.
    She said it would only make us cold, and miserable, and sick.
    We thanked her and hugged her and she walked away smiling warmly.
    I miss the puddles...

Gweneal though about it as she chewed a mouthful of turkey. what about cat, what about the rain, looking down at her half finished meal what about Prince Haffy and the food then a thought struck her, the smith always had a fire burring at his place, a big warm one! her face lit up at that thought and she looked intently at him once more "would it be ok if cat comes too? i cant sleep without cat to hold, and he gets too cold otherwise. and we can play jacks and tell stories and it would be like an adventure" her excitement was building at the thought of sleeping inside. it would almost be like that one time with the family that comforted here when her mommy went away. she never did understand that, why after being in the same place for 3 days in a row without moving would her mother just get up and leaver her all alone. sadness brought her back from that memory, she quieted down and finished her meal, it really was delicious, she would have to think of something nice for Prince Haffy for giving it to her. "you wont go away in the middle of the night will you?" she asked him suddenly eye sincere and weighed with sorrow.

"Sure. Your cat can come too. The forge is always lit, so my place is warm all year round. There will be a roof over your head, and if I can afford it, I'll make sure that you are well-fed...And no, I won't run off on you in the middle of the night. I'll let you know first."

"Smith" smiled, warmed by the child's innocence. He would have to work a bit harder to keep the extra gold coming in. One day, he wanted to have enough wealth on him to leave this place and find a better life for himself...And seemingly, this girl too, as he suddenly seemed to have taken her under his wing.
    Formerly known as Jurnis

Gweneal jumped into the mans arms and hugged him tightly, "i have to tell Prince Haffy" she exclaimed delightedly then scrambled down and around to where he was to tell him the good news "Smith says cat and i can come live at his house, and we will play jacks and tell stories all night and he promised not to run away isnt that wonderful!" impulsively Gweneal ran around the room hugging and telling everyone how delighted she was to be going home with Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Bree Fletcher View Post
    Ecgleofu caught Aevalaine by the arm as she returned to the inn. "Somefin-uh, something wrong?" she asked. Yeah, her mind was definitely getting a little clouded. Ecgleofu shook her head and tried to displace the haze.

Well, if nothing else, she could probably do a little tale-collecting while she was at the Golden Bear. "Here, I'll get you something to eat and if you're from around here like I think you are, maybe you could tell me what you know of the history? That's all I ask, really."
    Aevalaine eyed the Ecgleofu cautiously...she seemed to be sloshing her words a bit, and she wondered if the girl was drunk...or if the barkeep had more tricks up his sleeve-either way she decided it was Gark's fault, as she was already irritated at the dour old man. For a moment she stood their contemplating her revenge, but the the pretty young woman swayed in her place, seeming like she might teeter out of balance, and changing Aevalaine's caution to concern. Aevalaine took a split-second to decide what to do, rolled her eyes, and decided that since she had to wait anyway she might as well help Ecgleofu. She grasped her by her forearm and led her to the table closest to the bar. "Free food sounds good." she stated gruffly, and sat across from the rich looking lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by rasterbee View Post
    Hey Sari, change the your "quote" in your sig.
    DONE

It was always a circus in the golden bear, and tonight was no different between the cute little girl who had just tumbled into alec shouting something about cat...smith.(run)ing away, and the two girls who had just sat down near the bar who seemed to have stomach problems.

He motioned, to Gark to come over to the table, and in a low but stern voice told him in no uncertain terms, that Gark better make sure those two girls where feeling better soon or there would be issues.
    Last edited by ImSoHit420; 02-08-2011 at 06:47 PM.
    Properity of <3Sari<3 her vary own fruitcup
    Quote Originally Posted by <3Sari<3 View Post
    *gives plate of cookies*

put something about u being my property in ur sig!

if ur good u get more cookies!

Cort, chronicling the downfall of Admiral Castas

"Shome dinner, please!" Ecgleofu shouted to Haffys, jingling another pair of coins.

She fumbled around in her pack until she found a small, rough-cut notebook and a bottle of ink. Ecgleofu almost spilled the ink trying to get it unstopped. "Sho... so the hist'ry. Start from the beginnining. Where di' this town come from?"

That kind old lady stopped the rain for us.
    She said it would only make us cold, and miserable, and sick.
    We thanked her and hugged her and she walked away smiling warmly.
    I miss the puddles...

Haffys didn't know much of the history of the town, but was only to happy to exchange chat with a patron of the female species, especially one struggling to hold her drink. For Haffys, such people brought joy into his life.

"Well, m' lady. Ah don' know much about the town, but I can tell ye this - sometimes strange things happen roun' here. Folks go missin'. Things fae the olden days appear in the farmer's field from time tae time, things that look odd tae the eye but dinna seem tae have much purpose."