Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PROPOSAL to curb botting (I)

once upon a time there was a little girl named debbie who wanted to jump over the rainbow but she...

Default PROPOSAL to curb botting (I)

Here's a radical proposal to curb the general botting populace..

As one rep has spoken about evony not wanting to suspend all botting players due to the sheer amount of them.. but instead is trying to find a way to discourage botters by making botting non-profitable.. here's my 2 cents on this:

To decrease the amount of food from NPCs levels 3-8 by 90%

Currently:

NPC 3 - 900k food
    NPC 4 - 1.6m food
    NPC 5 - 3.0m food
    NPC 6 - 4.0m food
    NPC 7 - 4.5m food
    NPC 8 - 8.0m food

Proposed:

NPC 3 - 90k food
    NPC 4 - 160k food
    NPC 5 - 300k food
    NPC 6 - 400k food
    NPC 7 - 450k food
    NPC 8 - 800k food

NPCs 1-2 and 9-10 arent affected since: there's nothing really to get from npcs 1-2, and 9-10 you need to lose the same amount of troops to farm them.

1. Farming 9/10s gives a fixed amount of troop loss, and will never be free. That's why botters wont have anything much to gain by farming these over the normal persons who hand farm.

-- But, botters can be online 24/7!! --

Yes, but can they produce enough archers to farm 24/7? I honestly dont think so. Besides a very few % bot with their main accts anyway. Since the risk-loss % is too high if ever they got caught on their main accts.

They usually get inactive alts and farm from those, with minimal troops. or just defensive troops guarding. They can't afford to farm 10s from there, as heroes arent that high, and losses are too great to farm 24/7 from.

2. How about the legit players?

As per Evony: NPCs weren't really meant to be a source for free food. With this in mind, this mindset is pushed forth.. As well as farming 5s for startup accounts on new servers should only be temporary, not the main goal. The wood, stone, iron and gold is still there, to help you build troops and level you techs. You really cant build a massive army in the early days of a server anyway, so no reason to stock up on food from npc 4/5s. Farming 10s should be the real goal for farming, from legit accounts. In the early stages of the game, you really dont need much food anyway, do you?

Last edited by Melri; 02-13-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

ok so decreasing food from NPC's what about those who do farm level 5's just to survive due to there being no losses on it if your maxed out.

People even if they are high do use level 5's as a source of food if they are low, just enough for us to go on 10 runs,

tbh dont think it will work cuz all people farm level 5's so instead of punishing 1 group of people its punishing us all
    360FlemBOM - SS45

MY MONKEY HAS A GUN DONT MAKE ME USE HIM..... here monkey 3rd time wont be so lucky!!!

once upon a time there was a little girl named debbie who wanted to jump over the rainbow but she...

Quote Originally Posted by Flemsta View Post
    ok so decreasing food from NPC's what about those who do farm level 5's just to survive due to there being no losses on it if your maxed out.

People even if they are high do use level 5's as a source of food if they are low, just enough for us to go on 10 runs,

tbh dont think it will work cuz all people farm level 5's so instead of punishing 1 group of people its punishing us all
    Its the same with valleys. Everyone used to reinforce as much as they want to a valley. Now they can't anymore.

And if you notice, the ruckus over it has died down already.

It's human nature.. Complain.. Accept... Adapt..

Most are in the acceptance stage now. And a few are already trying to adapt new strategies and techniques for it.

Farming npc 5s should be a pit stop, not a constant source of gas. Just so many ways it can be abused, and have been abused, due to no-loss farming.

NPC 10s on the other hand, are pretty much balanced in terms of gain-loss.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Melri View Post

As one rep has spoken about evony not wanting to suspend all botting players due to the sheer amount of them.. but instead is trying to find a way to discourage botters by making botting non-profitable.. here's my 2 cents on this:

To decrease the amount of food from NPCs levels 3-8 by 90%

Currently:

NPC 3 - 900k food
    NPC 4 - 1.6m food
    NPC 5 - 3.0m food
    NPC 6 - 4.0m food
    NPC 7 - 4.5m food
    NPC 8 - 8.0m food

Proposed:

NPC 3 - 90k food
    NPC 4 - 160k food
    NPC 5 - 300k food
    NPC 6 - 400k food
    NPC 7 - 450k food
    NPC 8 - 800k food

NPCs 1-2 and 9-10 arent affected since: there's nothing really to get from npcs 1-2, and 9-10 you need to lose the same amount of troops to farm them.

1. Farming 9/10s gives a fixed amount of troop loss, and will never be free. That's why botters wont have anything much to gain by farming these over the normal persons who hand farm.

-- But, botters can be online 24/7!! --

Yes, but can they produce enough archers to farm 24/7? I honestly dont think so. Besides a very few % bot with their main accts anyway. Since the risk-loss % is too high if ever they got caught on their main accts.

They usually get inactive alts and farm from those, with minimal troops. or just defensive troops guarding. They can't afford to farm 10s from there, as heroes arent that high, and losses are too great to farm 24/7 from.

2. How about the legit players?

As per Evony: NPCs weren't really meant to be a source for free food. With this in mind, this mindset is pushed forth.. As well as farming 5s for startup accounts on new servers should only be temporary, not the main goal. The wood, stone, iron and gold is still there, to help you build troops and level you techs. You really cant build a massive army in the early days of a server anyway, so no reason to stock up on food from npc 4/5s. Farming 10s should be the real goal for farming, from legit accounts. In the early stages of the game, you really dont need much food anyway, do you?

I don't like the idea of killing the food in LV5's. As a pretty successful player, Melri, I was still farming about 2 10's at a time and the rest NPC5's ... I would not appreciate being taxed for playing the game. I have been taxed enough already.
    If this happened, I also have a vision of a ton of people quitting. They like having a large army, they won't farm 24 hours straight for it, they'll just quit (like I did)...

Week 9 voting and Week 10 entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I'm not sure if there was a counterpoint in there. But, if it will make you happy, then I yield the dispute to put an end to this tangent. You win.
    I won!
    Enter the Void - My Video Gaming Forum

Most things have been abused but what i mean is that lowering food on NPC's like 90% is a bit well extreme. 50-60% fair enuf so we can still get 1 million food. i dont really care cuz i mainly farm 10's but use 5's as a backup if i cant farm 10's in the time i have.

But i know most people just farm and farm with there being nothing else to do so just decreasing it which surprisingly sum1 had a go at me the other day to leave "his" 5's alone (too funny) would just really tick them off and eventually quit.
    360FlemBOM - SS45

MY MONKEY HAS A GUN DONT MAKE ME USE HIM..... here monkey 3rd time wont be so lucky!!!

YO, back to the subject of the recent "bug fixes". your going to see all the big players do nothing but bot now, because the game is forcing them to. and they can only approach a way to fix this as a item we can purchase.
    .....Im sorry....but this is the worst time for you approach the subject of dealing with botters when the game just did a "fix" to ensure that longtime non botters (like me) would be forced to consider the option............................................ so, you have a issue with botter, then address the issues that players have that would make them want to bot... march time, farming, food use to move move long distance with maps thaty are twice as big. these are the adaptable issues with evony now days. easy as pie, or that bottle of wine i just downed, cause that was pretty easy, i mean that bottle was just asking for it. =)

ps. why does a game mod have to be a bug fix or a money maker, cant you just adapt a ******** game that we have played for two years to adjust for the amount of time we have built into it????

Who benefits from this?

They took away our abillty to move troops into a NPC and fight someone from 1 mile away and you want them to take away our abillty to build troops?

Quote Originally Posted by Melri View Post

As one rep has spoken about evony not wanting to suspend all botting players due to the sheer amount of them.. but instead is trying to find a way to discourage botters by making botting non-profitable..
    Melri, that is the key point.
    In order to discourage cheating then game conditions need to change so that cheating offers little to no advantage. This should apply to much more than just botting for food. It should also apply to multi-accounting, account sharing.

So why do players bot/multi/acc share?
    1. Resources (Food/Wood/Iron). Solution: Cap Resources so players may only have so many resources in the city at any given time. This will take advantages away from botters and give everyone the same amount to work with. Those who use their resources most efficiently win..

2. Constant round the clock defense/offense from a single account. Solution: Create "sleep" window in which players cannot do certain things during that window. Players may schedule the window for their account. This will take advantages away from account sharers and give everyone the same amount of time per day to attack/defend but NOT 24 hours round the clock ability. That is silly because it is just asking for account sharing.

3. Huge armies. Solution: Cap army sizes. Tie the army size to number of barracks and barrack levels. Players who use their troops most efficiently win.

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

1 thing i dont like is regarding food total. Easy for AgeII but not for AgeI as we have this little thing called REFUGE. we have a food bill to keep and some are super high that requires huge amounts of food overnight due to RL issues. so a cap on that = dead in our cases
    360FlemBOM - SS45

suprisingly i think this idea has some merit.
    it at least shows a logical outcome.
    further testing /changes needed but all in all Sound work.