Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PROPOSAL to curb botting (I)

Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    Melri, that is the key point.
    In order to discourage cheating then game conditions need to change so that cheating offers little to no advantage. This should apply to much more than just botting for food. It should also apply to multi-accounting, account sharing.

So why do players bot/multi/acc share?
    1. Resources (Food/Wood/Iron). Solution: Cap Resources so players may only have so many resources in the city at any given time. This will take advantages away from botters and give everyone the same amount to work with. Those who use their resources most efficiently win..

2. Constant round the clock defense/offense from a single account. Solution: Create "sleep" window in which players cannot do certain things during that window. Players may schedule the window for their account. This will take advantages away from account sharers and give everyone the same amount of time per day to attack/defend but NOT 24 hours round the clock ability. That is silly because it is just asking for account sharing.

3. Huge armies. Solution: Cap army sizes. Tie the army size to number of barracks and barrack levels. Players who use their troops most efficiently win.
    you are an idiot. mr colonized let everyone else do the work so i can take it faster. Hope your wife and kid wake up and leave. Thats right.. mr super dad do you let your kid sit in a soiled diaper whilst you post your drivel here? Get a life you loser

Quote Originally Posted by Flemsta View Post
    1 thing i dont like is regarding food total. Easy for AgeII but not for AgeI as we have this little thing called REFUGE. we have a food bill to keep and some are super high that requires huge amounts of food overnight due to RL issues. so a cap on that = dead in our cases
    True, you have refuge in Age I.
    Well, if armies were capped based on barrack numbers and levels then food would be less of an issue, right? Say the resource cap per city would be based on the troop cap as well. So barracks not only would cap troops but resources as well. That way there could be a direct relationship between troop cap and resource cap. Then a ratio could be worked out so that there could be sufficient food to feed the allowed number of troops.

For example, (numbers are for demonstrative purposes only)
    Say I have 1 L10 barrack. A L10 barrack can store 100 troops... 10 troops per level. Now, say the food cap was related to the L10 barrack as well. Say the average troop consumes 15 food/hr. So, 15x100=1,500 food/hr. 1,500 food/hr x 24hrs = 36,000 food. So the cap will be 36,000 food for that city. Or 36,000 x 2. Or whatever. But if there is a troop cap then a food cap makes sense. But the two would need to be tied together.

Quote Originally Posted by koronet View Post
    you are an idiot. mr colonized let everyone else do the work so i can take it faster. Hope your wife and kid wake up and leave. Thats right.. mr super dad do you let your kid sit in a soiled diaper whilst you post your drivel here? Get a life you loser
    This is called you getting yourself on my perm ignore list. Enjoy.
    Last edited by SickbyDefinition; 02-14-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

now thats uncalled for

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by *jdm* View Post
    now thats uncalled for
    Yep, it was.

@JP, double post.

Week 9 voting and Week 10 entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I'm not sure if there was a counterpoint in there. But, if it will make you happy, then I yield the dispute to put an end to this tangent. You win.
    I won!
    Enter the Void - My Video Gaming Forum

Quote Originally Posted by LordMac123 View Post
    Yep, it was.

@JP, double post.
    thanks for telling mimimod

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...98#post1576598

Responded on the other thread you made linking to this thread.
    Wow ... it's been a really long time.

In walmart with foam sword screaming "for NARNIA"

all that would do is decrease the amount of troops ALL PLAYERS would have and probably would only promote botting to get more troops and recources into your account, so in the end the botters would still have an advantage over the "honest" players

Wait, you want to REDUCE the amount of resources plundered from NPCs? This is going to discourage botting how? If you take away the amount of resources that you get from NPCs, that's only going to make players want to use a bot. 300k food from a B5? Some of us have HUGE armies. We need food. I've know players who have used the bot on previous servers. Why? They had huge armies and didn't have the RL time to farm 24/7(which doesn't make it okay, but still). Anyways, they used a bot to farm food for them. If you reduce the amount of food given from a B5(or any other NPC for that matter), you're just going to encourage the botters to bot MORE, and you're going to encourage players with medium-sized armies to bot.
    http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l600/evonyhead123/360743-bigthumbnail-3.gif

you are an idiot... Get a life you loser
    The nature of an internet forum community is that people disagree and argue with each other. It's not a zero-sum activity, posting on a forum is win-win. If a member disagrees with your position, you aren't diminished by that. However, if you respond by throwing insults, then you are diminished and so is your argument by connection. As a debating strategy it just doesn't work, so please don't use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...98#post1576598

Responded on the other thread you made linking to this thread.
    ^^ read this and yup he's right. Sorry Mer but it I think it'll hurt the honest players more than the people who bend the rules.

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!