Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: February 22: Food Display Fixes

Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    Well to be fair they did try something like that with the bug testing group that was formed, but it was only for those invited to help, and voluntary, so there was little motivation to make a genuine effort for the players invited to find the cause of a problem; as well as some of the bugs requiring a lot of preparation/build up or too large a penalty on the players own account, as we had to use our own.
    logrus was running it and keeping it organised, but something came up for him and it just sort of fell apart after that.
    Any idea which involves getting the players to actually help resolve problems will need incentives and rewards, as well as dedication from the staff to run it properly. Though that is just for the regular bugs, most of the glitches I have ever known of didn't get fixed until someone took the time to get more information and then give the one of the staff step by step instructions on what it is and how it is done.
    It's not just for glitches and how to fix them, but also to make sure Evony actually realizes what players want to see fixed the most. They could also just run surveys through the servers ... I think they just don't understand why people want particular things and not others. But, they don't bother to ask in advance either what players really consider a priority. What players consider a priority is listed all over this forum if they would just pay attention.

There are some problems that players wait and wait to have resolved. Players hope for the end of lag, it affects them daily. They want to see an end to inactives, everybody complains about it. They want to be merged -- and not when Evony decides it's time, but when they themselves start to feel the emotional/boredom strain of being in a dying server with a dying alliance with nobody to attack. Npc issues, multi-accounting issues. These are things players think about and hope will be addressed everyday. Nobody (or very very few) sits with baited breath hoping for the end of small glitches or gets that excited when they are fixed.
    Last edited by Mati2; 02-22-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    Wow ... it's been a really long time.

Well to be fair they did try something like that with the bug testing group that was formed, but it was only for those invited to help, and voluntary, so there was little motivation to make a genuine effort for the players invited to find the cause of a problem; as well as some of the bugs requiring a lot of preparation/build up or too large a penalty on the players own account, as we had to use our own.
    logrus was running it and keeping it organised, but something came up for him and it just sort of fell apart after that.
    Any idea which involves getting the players to actually help resolve problems will need incentives and rewards, as well as dedication from the staff to run it properly. Though that is just for the regular bugs, most of the glitches I have ever known of didn't get fixed until someone took the time to get more information and then give the one of the staff step by step instructions on what it is and how it is done.
    Most the "glitches" I see fixed is because people talk about them...
    So share any secrets on other serversnnot Evonies...
    This is not rocket science The research glitch was available from sXX when i Started too S142ish when someone sent out a group mail on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Here are the most recent game updates:
    [*]We fixed a problem with the Relief Station that sometimes caused attacks on cities to incorrectly estimate food cost for the march. The estimates should now be more accurate, and the actual food costs remain unchanged.[/LIST]
    I'm not really sure why this is worded this way. When I first read it I was a little pizzed cuz I thought Evony peeps hadn't really corrected the issue, just fixed the food consumption display glitch.

BUT THEN I got curious and actually sent some mechs from one city to another. I wasn't very brave or trusting so (don't laugh) I just did a little test run with 3k pults and 2k wagons. I sent them 135 miles away and it both estimated the cost at 5 mil food and took 5 mil food when I hit send. Therefore, to send 100k pults 135 miles will only cost around 150 mil food. Keep in mind that I haven't actually sent this amount (I already moved my mechs the other day at the higher cost of several billion food--doh!) and am only estimating based on my smaller test. Feel free to test it to your brave little hearts' desires...

So apparently, we do not have to pay the 6x food consumption, but the original (and WAY MORE REASONABLE) amount, provided all applicable buildings and techs are maxed. Great job Evony! You guys are awesome!!*

*Although I reserve the right to complain in the future for whatever reason I see fit (or lack thereof).

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I hope with all my heart you are not stupid enough to believe the nonsense your spewing with your fingertips via keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    I tell people they do well when they do well. It's not my fault people are stupid.

On your shoulder telling you to do things

Dawn, please word your posts better, from the op i read that where before the fix it said it will cost you 25m to send but take 250m
    after the fix i read it would tell you it will take 250m.

it doesnt it will only take 25m.

grats on the fix, its a step in the right direction.

*food numbers are just a random number to express a point.

Thanks Evony, for fixing SOMETHING

Edit: Just wondering when Evony will be fixing the marchtime to owned valleys

To Reinforce my own valley, march screen shows 3sec
    Actual march time is 20sec

This was reported to Evony repeatedly when it glitched out, about 2yrs ago. At the time, Evony advised that they couldn't advise on when it would be fixed.

Can you now?

~
    Last edited by Khalee; 02-22-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    I don't believe in thinking before I speak
    I prefer to be just as surprised as everyone else by what I say

Well done Evony, its been a long time coming, glad its done.

Also appreciate what looked like a hugely successful bot sweet, keep em coming!

All 3 changes are positive and good. Thank you evony for these and for continuing to alter the game to stop inexperienced and poor players using mechs and large troop counts that they cannot handle except by exploiting dodges-Huples

In walmart with foam sword screaming "for NARNIA"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    -.- this doesnt really fix anything, it still costs too much food to move mech out of cities.
    exaclty i mean whats the point of keeping your mechs if you cant send them anywhere without your food getting obliterated i mean anywhere more than 10miles for mechs is absolutly rediculuos, i mean even at 5miles it takes 41 minutes to send a mech wave at someone, and it would take me 58mill food to send my basic mech wave (70k pult 40k ballie 1k arch 250 layers up to phract 1500 trannys and 750 rams)

I was invited to that and declined, largely because most everything I said, especially back then, was met with nothing short of complete hostility. The part about it being specifically for Age II, and then that would end up heavily being about Facebook, and I just said, "thanks, but no thanks".

Wow, I need to double check this, but if the food consumption estimates previously given are now correct then YAY!!!!

as for the camptime this will make a LOT of people trying to cap 12s and 10s very happy, I've seen far too many lost because someone camptimed all the loyalty waves!
    Give Straight Amulets, Remove the Packaging from Facebook Gifts!
    http://www.causes.com/causes/574667