Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Age I - Rose medals

Default Age I - Rose medals

I see there have been agitations, again, about Rose medals with the current Age I drop strategy employed by company. I see the same rationale being pushed as for why things are going to stay the way they are, and how people are lazy, etc, etc, etc...

It is relatively well-established that Rose medals come from level 10 flats and level 10 lakes. On server 149, I've been able to find about 7 rose medals thus far. All but 1 of them came from level 10 flats. The 1 came from a level 10 lake.

From my location on server 149 at this very moment, I have searched for 100 miles in all directions and have not found a single level 10 flat. In fact, there are very few flats at all, with most already being NPCs. Server 149 actually has most states at 95% fill rate or higher.

Friesland - 97%
    Saxony - 98%
    North March - 98%
    Bohemia - 95%
    Lower Lorraine - 96%
    Franconia - 97%
    Thuringia - 97%
    Moravia - 96%
    Upper Lorraine - 97%
    Swabia - 96%
    Bavaria - 97%
    Carinthia - 96%
    Burgundy - 96%
    Lombardy - 98%
    Tuscany - 98%
    Romangna - 97%

I'm in Bavaria. I need 4 Rose medals to make Major to be able to go to Baron. I already have the Honor medals. I have been scratching at the lakes and other valley types, but they just are not dropping Rose medals.

Now, one can call me "lazy" if one wishes, but if the known primary locations for Rose medal drops do not exist (level 10 flats), and the fallback locations (level 10 lakes) are also in short supply, then I could bust my butt all day long and still come up with nothing, considering flats dropped a rose medals far more frequently.

Calling me lazy or shutting down this thread only serves the purpose of making the thread go away. It does not address the underlying problem, and, whether you want to see it or not, there IS a problem with the current Age I medal drop rates with respect to Rose medals.
    Last edited by neko_lord; 03-05-2011 at 07:41 PM.

this doesnt belong in suggestions.. you arent suggesting anything at all, just ranting

IB4TL

Quote Originally Posted by neko_lord View Post
    I see there have been agitations, again, about Rose medals with the current Age I drop strategy employed by company. I see the same rationale being pushed as for why things are going to stay the way they are, and how people are lazy, etc, etc, etc...

It is relatively well-established that Rose medals come from level 10 flats and level 10 lakes. On server 149, I've been able to find about 7 rose medals thus far. All but 1 of them came from level 10 flats. The 1 came from a level 10 lake.

From my location on server 149 at this very moment, I have searched for 100 miles in all directions and have not found a single level 10 flat. In fact, there are very few flats at all, with most already being NPCs. Server 149 actually has most states at 95% fill rate or higher.

I'm in Bavaria. I need 4 Rose medals to make Major to be able to go to Baron. I already have the Honor medals. I have been scratching at the lakes and other valley types, but they just are not dropping Rose medals.

Now, one can call me "lazy" if one wishes, but if the known primary locations for Rose medal drops do not exist (level 10 flats), and the fallback locations (level 10 lakes) are also in short supply, then I could bust my butt all day long and still come up with nothing, considering flats dropped a rose medals far more frequently.

Calling me lazy or shutting down this thread only serves the purpose of making the thread go away. It does not address the underlying problem, and, whether you want to see it or not, there IS a problem with the current Age I medal drop rates with respect to Rose medals.

im on a super server and i farm medals daily, in the last 7 days ive gotten 22 rose medals lol. dont farm level 10s. farm level 7s. same drop rate. and you dont have to farm flats. they drop in every valley type. flats are just "supposed" to drop more, but it cant really be proven. try harder next time, and post in right place.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth View Post
    im on a super server and i farm medals daily, in the last 7 days ive gotten 22 rose medals lol. dont farm level 10s. farm level 7s. same drop rate. and you dont have to farm flats. they drop in every valley type. flats are just "supposed" to drop more, but it cant really be proven. try harder next time, and post in right place.
    I have farmed all valley types, levels 6 and up. The reality is that the drops came from level 10s. I got a Nation from a level 9 grassland, so it isn't that I'm "not trying hard enough". It just isn't happening. The valleys that did drop Roses more often, and bear in mind I'm only talking about a grand total of 7 roses in 3 months, were level 10 flats. I guess I'll accept a charge of being "too lazy" to send troops on a 100+ mile remote chance of finding something. This only became an issue for me when all of the flats got plugged up with NPCs. Prior to that, I could at least hope for 1 Rose medal a week. Now, zippo, and no real hope for it either, until such time as more level 10 flats or lakes come about.

It should not be so monumentally difficult to find Rose medals. They have always been difficult. Making them a part of this level 7 through 10 valley potpourri rather than back at level 3 valleys like they used to be simply makes it too difficult. I don't care about the other medals being nerfed like they are. Yes, it's a nerf, but I can deal with that. What is being talked about are the lowest levels of medals needed beyond what is given to you for free. That shouldn't be nearly the most difficult thing to obtain, but yet it is.

There is a problem, and no matter how many times people want to ridicule the people that run into this problem, nor how many moderators want to side with the ridiculing, it will not change the fact that it is a major issue.

I have 12 attacks going at various leveled valleys right now. I'll edit with the results, which I expect to be either nothing at all or not a rose medal... You'll note I'm short on forests. I'm having problems finding unoccupied forests of at least level 7. It should also be noted that I'm in a very active area, with 10 other players within 15 map miles. Cap and release on my own valleys that I rely on for increased production is thus risky, meaning there is a high risk of losing a valley to someone else.

Level 8 Desert - Lion medal
    Level 8 Swamp - nothing
    Level 10 Swamp - nothing
    Level 10 lake - nothing
    Level 7 Desert - nothing
    Level 8 Swamp - nothing
    Level 10 Lake - Rose (YAY!!!! but note, level 10!)
    Level 7 Hill - nothing
    Level 7 Forest - nothing
    Level 9 Hill - nothing
    Level 8 Lake - Cross
    Level 8 Forest - nothing

As I also said many months ago, making people have to go for the high level valleys only means a bottleneck, as more people hold onto the high level valleys for resource production, and medals only drop from PvE, so if a valley is occupied, it becomes PvP, which does not drop medals, particularly when most people don't leave troops in valleys.

As for your claim of 22 rose medals in a week - post reports, or it didn't happen.

As for "posting in the right place", this is the right place. People, like yourself, trot out these "you're lazy" / "you're stupid" posts in response to requests for something to be done about the medal drop rate. You then have moderators come along and close the posts, which equates to another player telling the person that is having the problem that they are indeed "lazy" or "stupid" and should shut up and move on. That doesn't sit well with me.

The game should be about "PvP", not "farming", per several statements by the company in regards to NPCs. The alleged reason why the NPCs are being taken away is, at least in part, because the company claims to want us to be engaged in PvP and not farming. The medal nerf, particularly with respect to Rose medals, is the polar opposite. It makes us have to do lots of "medal farming" and less "PvP". If the company truly wants more PvP, then it should have no issue with making medals easier to obtain, as it would decrease the grinding for medals and increase PvP gameplay, as players will have more time for that due to less PvE grinding.
    Last edited by neko_lord; 03-05-2011 at 11:11 PM.

in the OT, under Morgan's desk, hiding with CHICK

^ That man, has a point.

The only time I ever got enough rose in age1 was when I got annoyed by another player enough to go buy them. My poor host eventually retired out of evony, still a Knight. Not for a lack of trying either. Screw you evony, there are games out there that don't take you for granted so much!

(c) Ravensigs production
    Quote Originally Posted by llCHICKll View Post
    lol, you are worst than ardee... at least she tells you right away to pizz off lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    Announcement:
    I will start randomly deleting a post of practicalfool here and there over time to mess with his mind.

I read and acknowledge the problem neko. I miss the old drop rates that is for sure. Though I do find rose's in other locations, flats and lakes are the most common. There is definitely a problem here, and has been for a long time...

To note, I find it funny we now relate to this as a "company" not so much a "game" *rofl*
    Incubus #1
    Server ss39

Quote Originally Posted by practicalfool View Post
    ^ That man, has a point.

The only time I ever got enough rose in age1 was when I got annoyed by another player enough to go buy them. My poor host eventually retired out of evony, still a Knight. Not for a lack of trying either.
    I know. It's disheartening to watch all these "you're just too lazy" comments, especially with moderator support via the moderators closing the threads.

If the game is supposed to be about PvP, and that is a reason why NPCs are being cleared out, then why must the medals be so difficult to obtain? Medals can only be obtained by PvE (Player vs. Environment) or PvS (Player vs. Shop). You can't get medals from PvP, or at least I've never gotten a medal from PvP nor ever seen a medal given from PvP on Age I across multiple servers for the past 21 months.

Again, I don't care about the other medals. In fact, I think almost all of the other medals are distributed pretty fairly. The only other problem medal is Nation, and that is for hero persuasion, not for promotion. However, this thread is about Rose medals...

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyKittens View Post
    I read and acknowledge the problem neko. I miss the old drop rates that is for sure.
    So many people say that was "too easy". Maybe to some it was, but I didn't think it was when I went through it. The principle problem here is that the claim is the game should be about Player Versus Player. Making the medals so danged difficult runs completely counter to that.
    Last edited by neko_lord; 03-05-2011 at 11:38 PM.

I admit for both of the servers that i play regularly (139 and 148) i had to buy the boxes to go up in rank/title. I did plenty of medal farming but never really found what i needed, mainly rose medals. I'm now a Furstin on both servers and struggling with Justice medals but as i actually get those occasionally, I'm not going to complain about them. Would be nice if rose medals could be easier to find on other valley types like Neko is suggesting.
    http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/morgana5/Forum%20Sigs/139wip-2.png
    Started playing on 3-23-10, Retired on 4-2-12 - Sig from the purrfect Morgan le Fay
    "I used to have many flaws, now I'm down to two - everything I say & everything I do."

Quote Originally Posted by Server139Player View Post
    I admit for both of the servers that i play regularly (139 and 148) i had to buy the boxes to go up in rank/title. I did plenty of medal farming but never really found what i needed, mainly rose medals. I'm now a Furstin on both servers and struggling with Justice medals but as i actually get those occasionally, I'm not going to complain about them. Would be nice if rose medals could be easier to find on other valley types like Neko is suggesting.
    As I said, thanks for the support. Odds are though that I'll be smacked around later for daring to post this and telling people they lack empathy.

Some people are just not going to voice an opinion in a calm tone, especially when there has been a history of if you voice the opinion that the drop rates need to be changed that you are "lazy" or "stupid" or "just posting a rant" / "this is not a suggestion" and pointing to Evony's statement that they are not going to change things.

Evony said that they'd never implement a building queue, and people that asked for a building queue were similarly mocked and told it was not going to happen:

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Based on a lot of the discussion here, it sounds like "pro-customer" means making things instant, allowing multiple constructions at once and generally decreasing the time it takes to do anything in the game.

To take that to a logical extreme, it would be very "pro-customer" to make all construction, research and troop building instant. Doing things that let you create troops or buildings faster increases the pace of the game.

Pacing is something we've carefully balanced to be fun for the average player. We've created a game that balances a vast array of factors based on time, resources, heroes, valleys, march times, etc. etc. This adds an element of planning and teamwork and keeps the pace of the game reasonable for people who can't spend long durations focused on the game.

Something like this may seem like a good idea on its face, but often fails to account for the bigger picture in terms of overall game balance, which is why we can't always implement it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Again, nothing you said takes into account what I said about game balance. We've taken great care to balance the game and a change like this would upset that, so it is not going to happen.
    ...but we now at least have the "Bernini's Hammer" thing because players were persistent in pushing the suggestion back up into view...
    Last edited by neko_lord; 03-06-2011 at 12:53 AM.

well, Ive literally ONLY farmed level 7 hills and level 7 deserts, and Ive gotten 22 of them, so the argument cant be made that they don't drop. Also, i went from 10 justices to enough for prinzessin, and have 4 again now, i also received 12 nations about 30 lions and a lot of others, in the same amount of time. All off of level 7 deserts and hills. Got a few michs and amulets, but thats beside the point.

also, if you want a level 10 flat so bad, cap a 10 and port it out. guard it with your life.

p.s. love the red rep from neko for "lack of empathy". dont bring up a topic if your going to whine like a woman when someone gives you a solution.

also, again, on your second post "people like me".. people like what.. i didnt call you lazy, or stupid. lets learn to read and stop being such a woman.

also, a third time, why would i even record rose medal drops.. i wasnt farming roses. i dont care if you dont believe me. i did it. you can, or you cant. its your game, but if you hit 1 thousand or so valleys a day, i bet youll fare slightly better than you are now.

you can, however, ask my alliance mates how i went from furstin to prinzessin in 5 days.

now you will get a rude response, because your acting like a baby.
    Last edited by cushseth; 03-06-2011 at 02:47 AM.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.