Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Layering myth... spread damage much?

Earth... or at least a pretty good knock-off of Earth.

Default Layering myth... spread damage much?

Myth - One troop type can target only one other troop type per round.

Test #1 - Defending city has over 90,000 archers and 1 archer tower. Attacking army is made up of three average layers, which are (1,000) pikes, (1,000) swords and (1,000) archers.

* Please note, there was only one archer tower used in this test. It was only there to set range, and not skew the results by adding more defending troops. Also, inn heroes of varying levels were used in this test because they were not considered a key factor for the intended testing.

www.evonyurl.com/sdztpz

Test Results - As expected, the battle lasted three rounds. In those three rounds only one attacking layer was targeted and killed by the defending archers each round. So the three attacking layers took three rounds to be eliminated.

Test #2 - Defending city has over 90,000 archers and 1 archer tower. Attacking army is made up of three small layers, which are (50) pikes, (50) swords and (100) archers.

* Please note, there was only one archer tower used in this test. It was only there to set range, and not skew the results by adding more defending troops. Also, inn heroes of varying levels were used in this test because they were not considered a key factor for the intended testing.

www.evonyurl.com/93rime

Test Results - Unlike the first test, the battle lasted only one round. All of the attacking layers were targeted and killed by the defending archers in just one round round of battle. So the three attacking layers only took one round to be eliminated.

Conclusion - The myth that per round one troop type can only target one opposing troop type? is busted!

_

For the record, this post is not about the whys, the hows, or the what does this mean? This was merely a chance to bust a myth that keeps popping up from time to time. Basically, these reports show that it is definitely possible (not the how) for troops to target as many opposing troop types that are in range during the same round. Whatever else you want to take from it is up to you

By the way, special thanks to Qingju for the idea to do it and Mercenary for helping me with the testing. Oh and if you are looking for a Guide to try and make sense of all this I suggest checking out the guides created by AeroAgg. In my opinion, they're some of the best on the boards.

~Hammr

_

Quote Originally Posted by Hammr View Post
    Myth - One troop type can target only one other troop type per round.

Conclusion - The myth that per round one troop type can only target one opposing troop type? is busted!
    Yes, the troops split damage in Age 2.
    People who say troops target one layer are referring to the older Age 1 mechanics. Maybe they get confused and think the two ages have the exact same combat mechanics... they do not. The ages are basically the same, but not EXACTLY the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

You also just showed (maybe by accident) that attackers can split damage too when it killed the AT AND some archers

cuz as we all know, attacking archers will target the AT first, and the defending archers would target your archers first in that scenario

Behind you!! You looked, didn't you? Don't even try and deny it.

I haz question!

What size does the defending archers attack stack have to be, in comparison to the attacking archers stack to overflow (x100??)? And then to overflow again? How is it judged the second time it overflows? Does it subtract the attacking archers attack stack and then measure again in comparision to the next highest attacking attack stack?

OK, several questions
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion (Skype)
    Suddenly, a few lightyears have passed.

Thanks to Morgan, my lovely wife, for my sig!
    Na1 News - Giving The News to Na1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
    I haz question!

What size does the defending archers attack stack have to be, in comparison to the attacking archers stack to overflow (x100??)? And then to overflow again? How is it judged the second time it overflows? Does it subtract the attacking archers attack stack and then measure again in comparision to the next highest attacking attack stack?

OK, several questions

This post was just a way of saying it's possible and I hadn't planned on getting into the details, but... x100 is from Aero's guide and that's a great place to start. Also, each layer appears to be treated like a new round. So damage does not seem to be cumulative (or in other words, carried over from one layer to the next when calculating this).

_

Quote Originally Posted by AeroAgg06 View Post
    You also just showed (maybe by accident) that attackers can split damage too when it killed the AT AND some archers

cuz as we all know, attacking archers will target the AT first, and the defending archers would target your archers first in that scenario

I hate to admit it but I missed that... great catch Aero!

_

Yes, that busted the other theory I heard that split damage only affected targets at the same range. Clearly not true, as all of the stacks would have been at different ranges during that battle.

I always thought it was if the layers were within range not neccessarily at the same range.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vanator View Post
    I always thought it was if the layers were within range not neccessarily at the same range.....
    That is correct... but targeting more than one troop type in single round is also based on cumulative damage and the size of each layer that can potentially be targeted.

_