Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'moderated forums'

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Leap View Post
    What a schmuck! You should give this person a beating for this horrible offense.
    I haz a fake banaxe if that helps.

Week 9 voting and Week 10 entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I'm not sure if there was a counterpoint in there. But, if it will make you happy, then I yield the dispute to put an end to this tangent. You win.
    I won!
    Enter the Void - My Video Gaming Forum

Building a religion... a limited edition...

What a schmuck! You should give this person a beating for this horrible offense.
    ....I'm going to rip you apart, limb by limb.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    ....I'm going to rip you apart, limb by limb.
    Such love.

depending on how active an administrator wants to be with it - there are all sorts of ban options that can help a bit with spambots or whatever...

banning by ip address,
    by e-mail such as @spambot.com (fake e-mail obviously but u get the point)
    by country if they so chose, but wouldn't work so well with the evony forums

with vbulletin the captcha doesn't always work and some of the other filters when signing up have glitched in the past - so sometimes spam is likely horrible. Not sure I would want to be a moderator on these forums because of the influx of spam they likely get hourly...

I know with my site which is considerably smaller and which gets a lot less traffic if it's a bad spam day I can get over 1000 users that are all spambots and then i go in ban the e-mails and for a good week or two it's normal - then it happens again with a different e-mail company. It seems to be a never ending process

We're VERY lucky here to have such great moderated forums..
    http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/morgana5/Forum%20Sigs/139wip-2.png
    Started playing on 3-23-10, Retired on 4-2-12 - Sig from the purrfect Morgan le Fay
    "I used to have many flaws, now I'm down to two - everything I say & everything I do."

Default I just went looking for the right section to post this...

And found the thread I originally started. When I post in help&questions or AgeI general since sometime yesterday, I receive the message it needs a moderator to approve it before it posts. I am not using any outside links, strange phrases, images. I have no idea why this is happening.

If it's not any of those, then like I stated previously, it could be:
    Sometimes it's also the IP from which the user is posting on. I'm not very certain on what level it filters posts from IPs, but I'm pretty certain that if a previous bot's IP has been added to the spam filter db, it's sure to tag even a legitimate user's posts as suspicious.

My IP should be the same for at least a year. I will edit this if I get the same message.

This went right up.
    Last edited by SickbyDefinition; 04-27-2011 at 05:49 PM.