Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Evony Bot

Maybe instead of this they could just make the refuge penalty less severe on age 1, like reducing it from 10% troops per hour to 1%. Then if a player fell asleep and ran out of food, they wouldn't refuge 75% of their troops overnight, but more like 7-10%. This might at least decrease the paranoia Age I players have about stocking up days worth of food. Personally, I start to feel insecure if I have less than 200 hours of food per city, which works out to several billion. If I would only lose 10% of troops to an accidental refuge night, instead of the vast majority, I wouldn't stock up as much.

Thinking how sad it is that people have become this lazy. Bots are for people who do not wish to play the game as designed. AgeII is the same, no refuge for people who cannot play the original game as designed. Leave the bots and no refuge out of AgeI, play as intended or do not play at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Forny View Post
    Thinking how sad it is that people have become this lazy. Bots are for people who do not wish to play the game as designed. AgeII is the same, no refuge for people who cannot play the original game as designed. Leave the bots and no refuge out of AgeI, play as intended or do not play at all.
    It's not so much the lazy part, but overall just plain tedious. Having to play 5 hours a day every day is just too much. If you want to be competitive you need to spend, play hours upon hours everyday or bot. If everybody was able to bot and have the same advantage, people would not have to play as much which would in turn make happier customers.

I think the idea is good in context. I believe that it would be good, but only if the time was limited.

if evony ever puts in its own bot then I would quit the game, it takes the whole reason out to play evony in the first place. NO EVONY BOT full stop pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolls View Post
    if evony ever puts in its own bot then I would quit the game, it takes the whole reason out to play evony in the first place. NO EVONY BOT full stop pls.
    Can you explain why? To me there are really no cons to adding it.

in before the bot
    MERGE SERVER 139

"The World is for my plundering"
    Spooner, June 2011

8. Default

Spoon, yelling merge 139 isn't going to change anything.

I like the IB4TB joke.. Might someday catch on.

Week 9 voting and Week 10 entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I'm not sure if there was a counterpoint in there. But, if it will make you happy, then I yield the dispute to put an end to this tangent. You win.
    I won!
    Enter the Void - My Video Gaming Forum