Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Evony Players Win Victory Over Cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeness5577 View Post
    Well did ya win the lawsuit? This just seems like a bit of propaganda.... Thats just what it seems like lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jorbaud View Post
    I'm pretty sure the site was just closed and nothing else.

This is is a public relations release, not a news report. Yes, it is a form of propaganda.

Here's the news article
    Last edited by Heatseeker; 04-02-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
    This is is a Public relations release, not a news report. Yes, it is a form of propaganda.

Here's the news article--
    $300,k

Evony just got themselves a payday. I hope they consider in investing in some of my suggestions. Maybe they could use the money to hire a true ombudsman. I would be happy to fill the position, I need a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

People keep complaining about botting and account shares. thats breaking the rules. then you want them to over look the map site???

its simple this is agaisnt the rules so evony sent them to court. you can pick and choose what rules you can follow.
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    People keep complaining about botting and account shares. thats breaking the rules. then you want them to over look the map site???

its simple this is agaisnt the rules so evony sent them to court. you can pick and choose what rules you can follow.
    Prodigy-- nothing about this is simple. If it was simple, the site would have been down long ago. Instead, Evony went through the legal system.

As the article says, the man accused showed without a lawyer. In other words, this court battle was a victory for evony, but it is questionable whether it was a victory for the people.

We all are aware that evolliance is time-consuming and cumbersome. A map system wouldn't be a bad thing to have if it was made for all players.

My personal opinion, evony should employ the guy, and pay him for his mapping system, and make it available for all players.

I don't see how a simple map program defeats the strategy of the game.

because we are suppost to go out and find them our selves. Is it really that hard to track some1 after porting? or how about to find them in advance?
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

6. 04-02-2011, 04:42 PM

Reason
    banned member

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    because we are suppost to go out and find them our selves. Is it really that hard to track some1 after porting? or how about to find them in advance?
    Is it really cheating if a program tells you the coords of where they went-- saving you a few minutes search? After all, isn't that what evolliance was designed to do anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
    Is it really cheating if a program tells you the coords of where they went-- saving you a few minutes search? After all, isn't that what evolliance was designed to do anyhow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeness5577 View Post
    Because Evony wanted to do it first but didn't get working on it lol.... Just my opinion lol
    I've got all the ingredients in my kitchen to make chocolate cake, but if I come home and discover you in my kitchen, making me a chocolate cake, I'm not going to thank you for saving me time, I'm going to smack you with a cricket bat and call the police.

...then I'll eat the cake.

9. 04-02-2011, 04:47 PM

Reason
    banned member

Maybe if you were providing a better medal drop rate, poeple would less be tempted to cheat. I'm playing on server NA16 and Fr1 and to date the medal drop rate sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Boleslav View Post
    I've got all the ingredients in my kitchen to make chocolate cake, but if I come home and discover you in my kitchen, making me a chocolate cake, I'm not going to thank you for saving me time, I'm going to smack you with a cricket bat and call the police.

...then I'll eat the cake.
    Bole, I respect you as a person, but this analogy made no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by lordgilles View Post
    Maybe if you were providing a better medal drop rate, poeple would less be tempted to cheat. I'm playing on server NA16 and Fr1 and to date the medal drop rate sucks.
    Umm...They were cheating to find other player's coordinates and medal drop rates are low on pretty much every server. That encourages you to buy medals.