Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Evony Players Win Victory Over Cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
    Bole, I respect you as a person, but this analogy made no sense.
    Evolliance requires the players in the alliance to maintain, upkeep, and update the coord info on the map THEY CREATE. You and your alliance have to do all the work to get the info.

The other website took all the effort of trying to find someone out of the equation. You and your alliance had to do no work to get the info.

There is aHUGE difference between the two sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Evolliance requires the players in the alliance to maintain, upkeep, and update the coord info on the map THEY CREATE. You and your alliance have to do all the work to get the info.

The other website took all the effort of trying to find someone out of the equation. You and your alliance had to do no work to get the info.

There is aHUGE difference between the two sites.
    If evony were to make this system of automatically finding all coordinates of all players available to everyone, what strategic faculty would be lost?

If evony were to make this system of automatically finding all coordinates of all players available to everyone, what strategic faculty would be lost?
    The ability to get away from a harassing player would be lost. Petty players love to crush someone, then continue to hammer the dead city. The intent is to make the player quit, by making it impossible to ever rebuild. Evony does not want players to quit. By teleporting across the map, you can find a haven to settle and rebuild without the multiple daily attacks meant to grind what little you have built down to nothing.

I have heard of players chasing a foe across the server for weeks just out of spite.
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Rota is correct.

The ability to get away from a harassing player would be lost. Petty players love to crush someone, then continue to hammer the dead city. The intent is to make the player quit, by making it impossible to ever rebuild. Evony does not want players to quit. By teleporting across the map, you can find a haven to settle and rebuild without the multiple daily attacks meant to grind what little you have built down to nothing.

I have heard of players chasing a foe across the server for weeks just out of spite.
    So by disposing of a person's website (and business) and fining them $300,000, Evony have reduced the ability for players to find their targets in a timely manner?

Building a religion... a limited edition...

So by disposing of a person's website (and business) and fining them $300,000, Evony have reduced the ability for players to find their targets in a timely manner?
    The site wasn't just a mapping site.

The guy also developed a bot, and was planning on a private Evony server.

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

It has increased the ability to escape a harassing foe.

You know there are petty players with nothing better to do with their time. You know there are players that are complete pricks about attacking a foe that has already been defeated, and attacking them repeatedly with the sole intent of making the player quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post

^^ and that.

The private server makes it nice and easy for bot makers to hone their craft, as well.
    Last edited by Rota; 04-02-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    Rota is correct.

You know, back in the day I personally mapped out all of Thuringia on S1 in preparation for our war with SpartanZ. It's really not such a big deal. Also, I would get coords of newly teleported targets all the time from players in the server.

I feel like finding other players quickly would help evony make money. Players would spend more money to teleport near someone. However, it is cheating and should not be allowed.

Also, the website is still there is just no map or bot left. (so I've heard)

It has increased the ability to escape a harassing foe.

You know there are petty players with nothing better to do with their time. You know there are players that are complete pricks about attacking a foe that has already been defeated, and attacking them repeatedly with the sole intent of making the player quit the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boleslav View Post
    You know, back in the day I personally mapped out all of Thuringia on S1 in preparation for our war with SpartanZ. It's really not such a big deal. Also, I would get coords of newly teleported targets all the time from players in the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post

Is this about harassment, or is it about cheating?

This court issue occurred because of a breach of rules and law, not because of harassment.

Botting is obviously cheating-- having a machine do work instead of you on a grand scale that gives you an edge.

As for the argument of "evading harassment"-- This argument is moot. Evony does not go after players in court for harassing other players. Please provide documentation if you believe it has.

I would go as far as say that Evony supports so called "harassment" by providing a game in which players attack other players-- sometimes upsetting them by having their cities, heroes, and accounts disrupted by other players.

Harassment is defined as "behaviour intended to disturb or upset," under which attacking, colonizing, or capturing a city of an opponent may fall.

This court issue occurred because of a breach of rules and law, not because of harassment.

The debate here, is whether a machine to find coordinates is an unfair advantage.