Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Evony Players Win Victory Over Cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    We all know the ToS is not law.
    But, breaking the ToS is grounds for being removed from the game. Using programs like the coord finder is grounds for permaban. Every post you make seems to attempt to justify players using his map. Anyone who used his maps to find coords broke the ToS and can be banned. Stop trying to argue that it's okay to cheat, you will not win the fight.
    This sounds like a threat to me, and as such I will file for harassment [just joking.]

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    While litigation is never our desire, we're in the business of making games, we unfortunately were pressed to initiate this to ensure our community was protected.
    Litigation WAS evony's desire. It was the only lawful way to stop an entity that was breaking their terms of service.
    Last edited by Heatseeker; 04-02-2011 at 06:31 PM.

$300,k

Evony just got themselves a payday. I hope they consider in investing in some of my suggestions. Maybe they could use the money to hire a true ombudsman. I would be happy to fill the position, I need a job.

:P u think hes gonna pay 300k? hes 23 he prob dont even got 20k in da bank, hes most likely he has a lawyer and is planeing soemthing to **** evony :P u think a smart person like him would really lose like that? hes smart, he knows what hes doing, hes prob gonna go to court and make evony lay off him. hes 23, evony suieing a 23 year old come on get a life man, theirs more ppl doing bots and makeing them than him.

$300,k

Evony just got themselves a payday. I hope they consider in investing in some of my suggestions. Maybe they could use the money to hire a true ombudsman. I would be happy to fill the position, I need a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashour View Post
    :P u think hes gonna pay 300k? hes 23 he prob dont even got 20k in da bank, hes most likely he has a lawyer and is planeing soemthing to **** evony :P u think a smart person like him would really lose like that? hes smart, he knows what hes doing, hes prob gonna go to court and make evony lay off him. hes 23, evony suieing a 23 year old come on get a life man, theirs more ppl doing bots and makeing them than him.
    Shush you!
    I'm trying to manipulate this "victory" into something that may benefit me (I need a dang job).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Shush you!
    I'm trying to manipulate this "victory" into something that may benefit me (I need a dang job).
    i highly doubt they would incress work force, maybe take it and go on a vaction, other than useing it for personal use they wont use it on us, and again, that 300k prob wont get to them, maybe 300k to the 23 year old :P gurentee u he has something up his sleeve

Quote Originally Posted by ashour View Post
    :P gurentee u he has something up his sleeve

with way lag has progressed on ss60 wouldnt put past that quote of yours bout him, bet he that guy is swampin the system as lag is almost at standstill on ss60

evony is just unbelievable sometimes, honestly, enough said

as a player, I think we need to understand why players knock the door of cheating. Many of the features provided by external botters, map sit etc can easily be included in the game to kill incentive for taking that road. But we all know evony has their own religious game book which tells them how to force their own version of "fun" on other players.

Quote Originally Posted by acer5200 View Post
    The site wasn't just a mapping site.

The guy also developed a bot, and was planning on a private Evony server.
    let's be fair here huh

as far what I read, my memory could be cheating on me, evony's lawsuit against the guy was mainly about map and how it affected evony's income. I don't know about the bot. And what do you mean by "planning on a private Evony server"?

*How much I love you I do not know;
    but I do know I cannot live without you*

Quote Originally Posted by SaluBadsha View Post
    And what do you mean by "planning on a private Evony server"?
    He was in the process of creating one...

Laughable truly laughable!

He was "planing" on a private server? So is this Evony's way of trying to get us to hate the guy? I mean I "plan" on taking over the world but have I done it? Has any of my plans happened? NOPE... I sit here and play Evony instead. (I need some world to take over) If you are planing on doing something it's not wrong till you actually do it.

But seriously.... ok I get it the bot is a terrible thing. Seriously ALL the bot creators should be taken to court and made to pay.... Hell lets toss the ppl who use the bots in on that. BUT if they pay... then give it back to the players some how. Farming sux... building sux.... troop making sux.... but if you don't want to do it... STOP PLAYING.

I wont lie I wont hide yup I've used that map that was there.... As I'm sure a TON of the ppl who have commented on this have. I mean it had like over 1k ppl that fb "like" it... God knows how many more that didn't bother with that. The map didn't cost Evony 1 dime in lost wages. There is nothing Evony provides that is a pay for anything that will help you find a person on the server anywhere. If some one ports on you it's not unheard of to see a bounty go up in WC for that player and some one some where will find them and will tell you where they are.

So as far as a "victory" for us players goes that's a fail. How many ppl did this guy talk to and share his creations with? Lets think about the vast networking some one as savy as him could have. You stopped him... Yup.... bet you that $300k there will be a private server up though. Some one is going to run it just to spite the Evony empire. And what of his bot? Are you going to do anything to dismantle the accts who are using it? Here's a novel idea (and if you do it I'll at least give you your victory back) why don't you take some of the millions you have made on this game and invest it in actually making this game bot free again! Oh and you took down a map that saved some time.

Or did it? It really didn't at all since it updated once a day and I can get some one to hand over my "prey's" new cords within the hour of them porting... so you took down a map that was about as useful as Evoliannce just took less work... So now instead of logging in and typeing in some ones name or alliance I have to make my own map *cries* OH WAIT! I did that already before this map was ever something I knew of! So then maybe it was a victory for me since my personal map is better then what is out there now!

Ok my head hurts on this now so I can come down from my sit back drink cocoa and laugh as the mods try and make themselves look good again!

EPIC

**Sleep is for the WEAK not the ELITE!**

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiMab View Post
    Farming sux... building sux.... troop making sux.... but if you don't want to do it... STOP PLAYING.
    Well said. +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

LOL!!!

For starters and don't get me wrong Dawn i'm glad evony is stepping to the mat but this was not one of the larger game issues. how about working on the chat lag (ya its still happening) or the stuck HH's.

Secondly one cannot get in trouble for "planning" until something is made or on the way to being made it doesn't exist and if he were to change the name and 1 key element of game play that's his intellectual property so that's a lawsuit for evony so please be careful of what you do i actually like this game.

I have used the map site as well the old and the new site as well as gem and i haven't liked it on fb lol.
    as for that site being a cheat. Hell i have players i keep around for the simple fact that they can track coords down. so getting rid of the site isn't gonna stop that.
    Last edited by Londres; 04-02-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: typos lol