Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Evony Players Win Victory Over Cheaters

maybe you could now concentrate on something needed!

I read the article about the case, and though I am glad to see the end of what he made on that site, I do actually pity him a little. Despite the site, he was actually a nice guy, and reading about what happened made him seem pretty pathetic. I just hope that something very good can come out of this for the community.
    And for the love of God, someone give Rota a darned job already.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    Hardly an argument for cheating though.

I'm rather surprised at the tenor of the thread in general. To be clear, disappointed.
    You are surprised that when Evony puts out a victory statement about how a player/person has been defeated, the people seemingly side with the player/person? Give me a break.

As you can see by the statements of people here, we are strongly against legitimate cheating, but justice is not delivered if a man is declared guilty simply because he doesn't have the money or know-how to defend himself in court.

Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    I read the article about the case, and though I am glad to see the end of what he made on that site, I do actually pity him a little. Despite the site, he was actually a nice guy, and reading about what happened made him seem pretty pathetic.

Call him petty or pathetic, because that's what he is compared a mammoth company such as Evony LLC.

Here are the articles I found so far:

Quotes from The Escapist:
    "The entire ****** website is devoted to infringing on Evony's copyrights and trademarks," said Andrew T. O'Connor, a Boston attorney.
    "What I offer players of this game is no more than they could do on their own, given time," Mr. Holland responded.
    Last edited by Heatseeker; 04-03-2011 at 02:31 PM.

In your Dreams Turning them Into Nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
    you are surprised that when Evony puts out a victory statement about how a player/person ha been defeated, and the people seemingly side with the player/person?

As you can see by the statements of people here, we are strongly against legitimate cheating, but justice is not delivered if a man is declared guilty simply because he doesn't have the money or know-how to defend himself in court.
    I completely agree with that statement.... And as i said before if they really cared about our play quality maybe they would use some of that money to do upgrades to the game or get rid of some bots... But instead i predict they use it on themselves like always...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_46091009_medieval.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	7604  

we are strongly against legitimate cheating
    Like, for example, making money by selling a bot for people to use? That's what I read as being the issue in the articles you linked. I can't think of any more clear cut an example of "legitimate" cheating than that. I think most other people would agree. There's so much frustration out there regarding players using bots to exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Boleslav View Post
    Like, for example, making money by selling a bot for people to use? That's what I read as being the issue in the articles you linked. I can't think of any more clear cut an example of "legitimate" cheating than that. I think most other people would agree. There's so much frustration out there regarding players using bots to exploit.
    ^^ This.
    The guy was a cheater, and he helped many other people cheat... for a profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    ^^ This.
    The guy was a cheater, and he helped many other people cheat... for a profit.
    There is a difference between illegal, and against Evony's rules.

Ban the players using bots, ban the players making bots. Be my guest. Make the Evony experience fair for all.

Don't fine him money for cheating-- what damages can you prove in court that he has cost you?

I agree that if you can prove him to be a software hacker that he deserves the consequence the court gives him.

There isn't a one-size fits all solution to this.

I agree that if you can prove him to be a software hacker that he deserves the consequence the court gives him.
    You linked this a few posts ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Boleslav View Post
    You linked this a few posts ago:

Yes, I agree that botting and creating bots creates an unfair advantage-- therefor I also back Evony's rules against it.

Regardless of what I think, it is about intellectual property rights-- are coordinates the property of Evony or not? (Evony claims they are)

The private server bit is 100% wrong unless like Londres said, the server is altered and made into something sufficiently original. That's just a big hypothetical, however, since the person in question only admitted to thinking about it.

I feel like we're going in circles here..

Bole, you want to draw up a big analogy so we can all understand this?

I got hacked and you guys are doning nothing about it yet you say all that crap and you guys wont help me or even respond what am i suppose to do?
    We Play to Conquer, we move forward to live, we die cause it is time, Wisdom is a gift that many do not perceive, one day though.