Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Removing Reasons to Cheat

1. Default

Personally, when Dave Mata said he was interested in eliminating reasons to cheat, I am confident that this was not what he had in mind. Personally, I think Evony allowing all of this would kill the game.
    But, points taken. Bernini's hammer without pay, I would support it, but Evony is a business.
    Allowing account sharing would make attacks impossible, and cause evony to be flooded with complaints of account vandalism.

Week 9 voting and Week 10 entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I'm not sure if there was a counterpoint in there. But, if it will make you happy, then I yield the dispute to put an end to this tangent. You win.
    I won!
    Enter the Void - My Video Gaming Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Kadesh View Post
    This whole botting/inactive situation is a $*** sandwich (sorry for the language but its the truth). Get rid of troop upkeep and do what Rota said in one of his threads that he posted a couple weeks ago. After that actually enforce the rules that you laid out as far as botting and inactive accounts.
    Well either that or reintroduce the feeding glitch, thats what started this whole botting movement. There were botters before but it was only a minor issue compared to now

Eliminating reasons to cheat will require Evony to make some decisions. Most of those decisions will revolve around caps and limits and cooldowns.
    You see, the reason players cheat and exploit things is because they can.

1. Resources are not limited or capped. So players cheat and exploit to accumulate more than the next guy for advantage.
    2. Armies are not capped or limited. So players cheat and exploit to accumulate more than the next guy for advantage.
    3. Some Strategems have no cooldowns or limits. So players can cheat and exploit to accumulate endless amounts of strategems and apply them 24x7 around the clock on an enemy of the account is shared.
    4. Game coin purchases are unlimited. Thus players can cheat and exploit to get free coins, use stolen credit cards, or whatever in order to get an endless supply of things that require coins.

Caps and limits need to be put on everything... even the amount of items/strategems/coins a player can have in their account. So think of a reasonable number and make it so. No reason a player should have the ability to acquire unlimited coins or unlimited anything. All that does is invite players to find ways to exploit it. "Hey, unlimited cash? Hmmmm..." Heck, even a BANK does not keep unlimited cash on hand or allow unlimited withdraws.

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

Well either that or reintroduce the feeding glitch, thats what started this whole botting movement. There were botters before but it was only a minor issue compared to now
    You are my hero!
    Evony, give us our glitch back. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas101 View Post
    ^ First off that's a glitch that has been patched. It can't be reintroduced. There were plenty of botters beforehand & even if they could bring it back it wouldn't change anything. If you needed to rely on that glitch to make yourself a good player then it's maybe time to rethink your strategy.

As for the mass cheating that prevalent, the only sure way to stop it is to come down heavy on the one's breaking the rules. A 3 strikes & your're out policy would, in my opinion be the fairest but would allow players to stop & think about their actions after the first or second time. If they get caught again, then they've already received two warnings, a perma-ban should be enforced.

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan le Fay View Post
    ^ First off that's a glitch that has been patched. It can't be reintroduced. There were plenty of botters beforehand & even if they could bring it back it wouldn't change anything. If you needed to rely on that glitch to make yourself a good player then it's maybe time to rethink your strategy.

As for the mass cheating that prevalent, the only sure way to stop it is to come down heavy on the one's breaking the rules. A 3 strikes & your're out policy would, in my opinion be the fairest but would allow players to stop & think about their actions after the first or second time. If they get caught again, then they've already received two warnings, a perma-ban should be enforced.
    Yes it can be reintroduced and quite easily. I agree that there were plenty of botters before but not nearly as many as there are now. All those that used the glitch before are now botting, I only used the glitch to cut down on marching times but after calculating how much time it could have saved me from farming im an idiot for not using it.

I agree with you about the perma bans, but it would have to apply to all cheaters. Not only those that have botted, but to people who have shared acct info, have multis or have broken any other kind of rule.

If this is done then how many players would be left? You say that they get three chances so maybe some will avoid being caught but those that arent caught and decide to play honestly but dont have the time or money to be around the comp 24/7 will be 0'd and will also soon quit. So in short take away the cheating and you will have 20 players left per state. I for one would rather have the cheating and have wars going on then have 20 players per state and nothing to do.

Also perma bans help former botters out even more then doing nothing, now they get to keep all those mega heros and res while the player that played honestly has no way of making this up. Is this fair?
    Last edited by Lucas101; 04-14-2011 at 06:26 AM.

a 3 strikes your out policy is a good call,with the hero swap glitch gone.It has a finite time period allowing the transition back to normal evony to be relatively smooth.

P.s it is having an element of fear that changes behaviour.

Coming down hard on cheaters and exploiters is not the solution.
    Evony does not want to lose customers.
    All that needs to be done is create a few fences so that the wild goats won't roam the property eating Autie Ems prize roses. The wild goats will eat anything they can get their hands on. Kicking them off the property is not the solution. Creating a controlled environment is.

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

On your shoulder telling you to do things

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
    It took almost 6 hours to train my goldfish to play this game, and he still gets upset when people mistake him for me.

If you needed to rely on that glitch to make yourself a good player then it's maybe time to rethink your strategy.
    Was that really necessary?

I agree that there were plenty of botters before but not nearly as many as there are now. All those that used the glitch before are now botting,
    Agreed. Not all but a lot. Definitely!