Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Removing Reasons to Cheat

Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    You see, the reason players cheat and exploit things is because they can.
    Nah, more because they feel they need to.
    Imagine people having huge armies, being perfectly capable to feed em.
    And then one morning, you can't anymore. You've played the game at a certain level, and taking steps back well, that's just plain boring.
    Nevertheless, people did massive suicide actions on their troops, dumping tons of them, to get to a descent upkeep. And then finally, when they find a target that is worth the trouble, they won't have enough troops anymore.

And that is when you get to the point where people start to investigate if they can. Most of the people botting are just botting for upkeep only. And those have been around forever.

It's the fact that you can make that bot do everything and you can barely beat a player that is botting that is really annoying imo.

I mean, If your neigbour has bills and bills of res, It could be a lotta fun, if there was no friggin bot building traps & all.

A new study shows licking a frog can cure depression.
    Down side is, soon as you stop, the frog get depressed again.

>.<

<3

I dont like how prestige effects who you can send troops to, i get why it does it for resources and transports.. But its a bit unfair that say your in an alliance and you have 20million prestige, and the average player there is maybe 3million.. That only 5or10 people out of lets say 90 can send you reinforcements..

By the amazing Luda

Anyone can quit the alliance and be re-invited. The act of quitting will drop their prestige by 10%. They can repeat the process and dump prestige. Now they can receive aid from smaller players. If prestige is more important to the person than aid, there is no need to send reinforcements.

The restriction is in place to dissuade multi-accounting that would create "feeder" accounts to send resources to a main account.

Prestige is just a number, and if it's more important than resources or reinforcements, then that is a decision made by the larger player. I respect that decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

another we know better than evony thread

thanx morgan xoxo

Davemata has already stated that:

1: Permabans are unlikely for botting/multi accounts/flat filling - due to the lack of revenue that would cause
    2: Evony "in reality" would prefer to carry on with the status quo ( don't think he meant the cheesy band) - lets face it the botters are also multi accounting paying for the main to stay in holiday whilst the bot farms until collection day.
    3: In order to rectify the botting/multi accounts/ flat filling would require implementing change and apparently "there is alot of fear of change" - Implementing a fair and workable solution would cost time and money and thus reduce profit......

Evony have now created a carte blanche to cheat regardless if it was the intention or not.
    Even if a 3 strike policy was implemented the practice of opening new accounts and starting to bot build them up as "backups" incase of bans has begun

"There are NO CHEATS in game. Any case of accounts will be closed immediately" should really be removed from the top section of screen
    I'm an unknown quantity at this point...and happy that way

a "we know Evony better thread"? Exactly how many of the Admins are playing the game? Even on a test server? It might give them some perspective. I for one would volunteer to be their opponent on a test server. I'd only run a dozen accounts, each botting, vs their own single account - which doesn't. Now, Evony Admins, what could be more fun than that? After a few weeks of that, perhaps your attitude about the cheating would change.

On a seperate note, which servers are limited aid by prestige. Na30 certainly wasn't a few days ago. I know because I sent rezzies to a couple hundred k alliance member while I was over 2 million. I kept prestige low like that for other reasons. And a bad idea on earlier servers, virtually guaranteeing a new player (and prospective customer) is going to sadly rue his experience in this game.
    Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
    On a seperate note, which servers are limited aid by prestige. Na30 certainly wasn't a few days ago. I know because I sent rezzies to a couple hundred k alliance member while I was over 2 million.
    That's how it is supposed to work. A player with 100 million prestige could also send resources to players with just a few hundred k, with no fear of anything being plundered. The smaller player cannot return that favor.

The resource loss happens when the smaller player transports resources to the bigger player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

I don't want to see anyone punished by losing their accounts due to cheating. However, the "softly, softly" approach isn't working.

It's now so bad, people are now taking "oh well, we can't beat'em we might as well join them" route. By being a little harsher those people wouldn't feel the need to bot or whatever to keep up & the fear factor alone would make people think again.

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan le Fay View Post
    I don't want to see anyone punished by losing their accounts due to cheating. However, the "softly, softly" approach isn't working.

It's now so bad, people are now taking "oh well, we can't beat'em we might as well join them" route. By being a little harsher those people wouldn't feel the need to bot or whatever to keep up & the fear factor alone would make people think again.
    Morgan,
    They want to take out the reason because banning tons and tons of possible spenders is not good for Evony and the development of the game. Then the banned accounts would lie on the map for a while if I am correct.

But, I agree about the fear factor. If they keep that up, then people might play fair at a higher rate again. However, with the past knowledge, Evony saying they are going to do something isn't always trusted. So, yeah, right now, their word pretty much is worthless..

Evony, actions speak louder than words!

Week 9 voting and Week 10 entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I'm not sure if there was a counterpoint in there. But, if it will make you happy, then I yield the dispute to put an end to this tangent. You win.
    I won!
    Enter the Void - My Video Gaming Forum

I'm not suggesting banning everyone who has ever cheated I'm just suggesting a determent. At the moment there is nothing to deter people from botting especially & because nothing is getting done others are being tempted into botting. It used to be a 3 strikes policy & believe it or not it worked. It didn't stop it completely but it wasn't on the scale that it is now. Since Evony changed their punishment for repeat offenders, it's almost as they've given them a license to bot.

I agree with the need to remove the reasons why people cheat but you also need to show that cheating doesn't prosper.

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!