Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Npc attack:

Default Npc attack:

I'm not sure if this suggestion has been suggested before, i've searched the forums, to no prevail. So i'ma post it anyway

What if, npc's could attack you?

• No honor and prestige would be gained through this method (Or if you don't like this idea of no honor, prestige, it can always change.
    • You get to TICK a box, to allow this attack from npc's... To make it fair on other unexperienced players
    • Npc's are only allowed to attack you whilst you're online: Again to make it fair for players, who may have armies camped somewhere, farming other players or farming npc's.
    • Players have a 10minute warning before the attack from the npc lands: To prepare your defences

The amount of troops that come your way varies on:
    • The size of your Town Hall
    • The amount of lv10 buildings you have in your city
    • The size of your army & wall defences
    • Your prestige maybe??

You lot (forum members) can think of a reward system perhaps? If one was implemented??

I haven't spent that long thinking too much about the idea, it just came to me before.

Any queries &/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Not sure about not gaining honor or prestige from the attack. I note that you didn't mention experience. What's the purpose?

Disagree on ticking the box. To make if fair for inexperienced players - limit the NPCS which can attack them. Instead of by building levels (which can be up to max on any but Historic Cities within a few minutes of starting the game for the big coiners) make the limit by rank. So the lower ranked players could only be attacked by lower level NPC's.

Speaking of the farming issue - Evony has stated that the intent behind NPC's wasn't to be farmed. In my opinion,, that means the only reason resources are in there is to offset troop loss while you conquer the city. (more in this vein in a second).

Limited attacks to online status. Unless this is married to a system which only lets other players attack you online, it's going to do little for inexperienced players. Let the NPC's attack you while offline. I'd go with the AgeII system - you get thirty minutes warning - with a small percentage of the NPC's being allowed to Wage War Without Declaration.

To combine Evony's intention of non-farming NPC's - this would be the only time I'd allow any attacks against an NPC - and in addition to checking a box to attack them - after they've declared, I'd also add one of those boxes most games do when you register. You know - the one with squiggly numbers and letters for you to input - which makes it much more difficult for a computer to match on it's own.

As I said above, limiting it by rank will work better than by building. At least until you get to the upper ranks. Then I think you'd need to take other factors into consideration - such as Hero statistics and gear. This wouldn't affect the number of barbarians - but instead affect the number of waves, along with the composition. To go along, you'd also need to change the composition of troops in an npc level 10 city - to keep up a credible threat level.
    Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

I personly think that the person above is correct about titles will determine what lvl npcs attack you. Shouldn't cause any pres, honor chane which would mean pres farmers would have more ways of doing so . As a bonus each attacking npcs wave should contain random res, either lumber or iron. And each lvl of npc will determine how many waves they send. And to make it fun, your npcs feilds would attack you. Npcs attack last player who has farmed them. Those npcs that don't get farmed attack closest player. And if they bkreak your city they take your res and lowy your loyalty as a normal attack, but can't loose cities to npcs. And they should be allowed to hit you while yout offline.

Lvl 1-3 npcs give stone for attacks, lvl 4-6 give food, lvl 7-9 give lumber or iron and lvl 10 npcs give lumber or iron, but carry trans which means they give farm more res.
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
    Not sure about not gaining honor or prestige from the attack. I note that you didn't mention experience. What's the purpose?

Disagree on ticking the box. To make if fair for inexperienced players - limit the NPCS which can attack them. Instead of by building levels (which can be up to max on any but Historic Cities within a few minutes of starting the game for the big coiners) make the limit by rank. So the lower ranked players could only be attacked by lower level NPC's.

Speaking of the farming issue - Evony has stated that the intent behind NPC's wasn't to be farmed. In my opinion,, that means the only reason resources are in there is to offset troop loss while you conquer the city. (more in this vein in a second).

Limited attacks to online status. Unless this is married to a system which only lets other players attack you online, it's going to do little for inexperienced players. Let the NPC's attack you while offline. I'd go with the AgeII system - you get thirty minutes warning - with a small percentage of the NPC's being allowed to Wage War Without Declaration.

To combine Evony's intention of non-farming NPC's - this would be the only time I'd allow any attacks against an NPC - and in addition to checking a box to attack them - after they've declared, I'd also add one of those boxes most games do when you register. You know - the one with squiggly numbers and letters for you to input - which makes it much more difficult for a computer to match on it's own.

As I said above, limiting it by rank will work better than by building. At least until you get to the upper ranks. Then I think you'd need to take other factors into consideration - such as Hero statistics and gear. This wouldn't affect the number of barbarians - but instead affect the number of waves, along with the composition. To go along, you'd also need to change the composition of troops in an npc level 10 city - to keep up a credible threat level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    I personly think that the person above is correct about titles will determine what lvl npcs attack you. Shouldn't cause any pres, honor chane which would mean pres farmers would have more ways of doing so . As a bonus each attacking npcs wave should contain random res, either lumber or iron. And each lvl of npc will determine how many waves they send. And to make it fun, your npcs feilds would attack you. Npcs attack last player who has farmed them. Those npcs that don't get farmed attack closest player. And if they bkreak your city they take your res and lowy your loyalty as a normal attack, but can't loose cities to npcs. And they should be allowed to hit you while yout offline.

Lvl 1-3 npcs give stone for attacks, lvl 4-6 give food, lvl 7-9 give lumber or iron and lvl 10 npcs give lumber or iron, but carry trans which means they give farm more res.
    Thank you for your responses. I assume you like the idea??

As i said, i haven't thought of the idea much.

Pitchwife: I like the idea, of the npc's attacking you depending on your rank. That would be more purposeful for the players. As i mean, civilians wouldn't be faced with that great a majority of enemy troops, but (coiners) who are Prinzessin, would be faced with quite a difficult majority of enemy troops. As they're capable of defending against such attacks.

One thing i disagree on is, for people who just joined the server. It would be difficult for them to defend against such attacks. Therefore, i think having a clicky box, would benefit them alot. I mean, if you just join a game, you don't want like 5k warriors coming your way, without being able to defend lol

I kinda gree with the online/offline situation. But maybe perhaps, if the player is offline, the npc attacks with less troops, and when the player is online, they send more of a majority of troops. To make it fair & balanced.

I like the 30minute alarm system. That gives a player more time to bring back troops, get reinforcemnts etc.. And it wouldn't put people into much of a shock.

Prodigy the 5: I VERY much like the idea of receiving resources for the amount of troops killed. Also perhaps on the level npc that attacks you.

I dunno about the lowering loyalty, to be honest.. I mean, they could lower your loyalty too law, whilst your offline, and then BOOM! there goes your city.

I couldn't agree more, with which npc's give you what resources. All npc's give you the resources you'd need at the point in the game.
    Perhaps you can acquire food in lv 1-3 npc's too? I mean, players need food at the start to feed their growing army.

I will agree with the idea too. The NPC's are supposed to be barbarion cities. If not for prest. and res. farming they don't do alot for the game. This way they can be a little more of a distraction. Sonone who has no enemies nearby would get attacked every now and then. The person that used to drain a city of troops to attack someone might loose the resources in that city to an NPC if they don't leave some troops behind.

I can see some different strategies coming into play because of this idea. Good one.

So far it looks good.
    I like the click option to allow or to not.

Here is where it can be exploit, I would build a massive 10s, and take the option to have them attack, with 30 usualy 10s around one of my city, that can equate to alot of experiences. In addition I get to attack them for additional experience provided they don't lose their troops when they attack.

Now if after the npc attacked and if they lose their troops in the process, that means those npc 10s is nearly defenseless and it will be a walk in the park to farm, with far less lose.

There are other thoery exploit running in my head.

I love your idea, but it need some tweaking.
    Keep it up, I want to read more info.

In WAR, one must decide their faith, or others will decide yours.

Think you can read it without laughing? Go ahead and try it http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...19#post1810519

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Player View Post
    I will agree with the idea too. The NPC's are supposed to be barbarion cities. If not for prest. and res. farming they don't do alot for the game. This way they can be a little more of a distraction. Sonone who has no enemies nearby would get attacked every now and then. The person that used to drain a city of troops to attack someone might loose the resources in that city to an NPC if they don't leave some troops behind.

I can see some different strategies coming into play because of this idea. Good one.
    Ah! I like the fact, you like the idea.!
    Npc's can have a different affect in your part in the game, and make them more of a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlysage View Post
    So far it looks good.
    I like the click option to allow or to not.

Here is where it can be exploit, I would build a massive 10s, and take the option to have them attack, with 30 usualy 10s around one of my city, that can equate to alot of experiences. In addition I get to attack them for additional experience provided they don't lose their troops when they attack.

Now if after the npc attacked and if they lose their troops in the process, that means those npc 10s is nearly defenseless and it will be a walk in the park to farm, with far less lose.

There are other thoery exploit running in my head.

I love your idea, but it need some tweaking.
    Keep it up, I want to read more info.
    Ah! But that exploit can be patched. If a lv 10 barbarian attacks me, and say looses 200k warriors.. And you scout them straight after, the same troops are in that npc. The npc doesn't lose troops from when it attacks you.

This makes it fair for everyone. So no-one can use the exploit you mentioned.

*No need for double posting, so i thought i'd edit this post.

What if? When a npc attacks you, say for example a lv10 barbarian npc city attacked you. And you wiped out his troops easily.
    What if you gained half the resource, than what the npc city holds.

So npc 10 = 600k lumber, iron and stone. When you successfully defend, you recieve 300k as a 'Sorry' package from the barbarians, and the 'sorry' package comes in reports or mail?? I personally thought it was a alright idea. But of course, they can't give you 300k lumber, stone AND iron. So maybe, the lv10 npc gives you different varities of resources every so often. Like a 'drop rate'.. One day you get 300k lumber, two days later it's 300k stone. (It's tough if you receive 300k stone )

All this attacking can be beneficial for people who are just farming lv10 barbarian npc's, the elite 'farm 200 lv10s a day & the people who are in their states bored, as they have nothing left to hit.

Perhaps, even you get a item drop from a defence aswell?? But that would need some thinking about.

Last edited by Aaron4174; 04-20-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Adding some information

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron4174 View Post
    I'm not sure if this suggestion has been suggested before, i've searched the forums, to no prevail. So i'ma post it anyway

What if, npc's could attack you?

• No honor and prestige would be gained through this method (Or if you don't like this idea of no honor, prestige, it can always change.
    • You get to TICK a box, to allow this attack from npc's... To make it fair on other unexperienced players
    • Npc's are only allowed to attack you whilst you're online: Again to make it fair for players, who may have armies camped somewhere, farming other players or farming npc's.
    • Players have a 10minute warning before the attack from the npc lands: To prepare your defences

The amount of troops that come your way varies on:
    • The size of your Town Hall
    • The amount of lv10 buildings you have in your city
    • The size of your army & wall defences
    • Your prestige maybe??

You lot (forum members) can think of a reward system perhaps? If one was implemented??

I haven't spent that long thinking too much about the idea, it just came to me before.

Any queries &/or suggestions would be appreciated.
    eventually the bigger players will find ways to bypass this system, like moving out forward troops and keeping only long range troops there, we all know L10 only produce warriors, so if u kept 300k archers, and it sent 1m warriors at you, your likely to get no, or very very small losses.

And how would you get your food?

Quote Originally Posted by Oshboshbgosh View Post
    eventually the bigger players will find ways to bypass this system, like moving out forward troops and keeping only long range troops there, we all know L10 only produce warriors, so if u kept 300k archers, and it sent 1m warriors at you, your likely to get no, or very very small losses.

And how would you get your food?
    I really don't get your point in the first part. What are you trying to say?

How would you get your food?

*thinking face*...

You farm npc's, farm players & buy food!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron4174 View Post
    I really don't get your point in the first part. What are you trying to say?

How would you get your food?

*thinking face*...

You farm npc's, farm players & buy food!!
    First part: If you keep only long range troops in your city, then warriors wont get to them to attack you, so u get no losses.

Farming part: It was said that the NPCs attack you instead... so how would u get food if their attacking you, not the other way round?