Thread: lvl 5 NPC

Default lvl 5 NPC

I have played evony before over a year ago so technically I guess you could say im still a noob. ive looked and looked all over the place and havent found what i need. Ive seen hundreds of capping lvl 10 npc but nothing for noobs like me who arent quite there yet. If I were to try to capture a lvl 5 npc what type of troop difference would i need. I know the overall plan of attack is the same but how much can I cut down the troops i need to use. I can farm a level 5 npc easily just never tried takeing one over. Thanks for all the help.

After i made the post realized I was kind of vague on some things. I will be attacking a NPC 1 mile away. I will use my ballista to take out the defences. Then im hopeing to use 5 waves of warriors to kill the loyalty. If i solely use warriors what should each wave have. What about if I throw some archers in there. Im just kinda looking for a jumping off point. Any info I get would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by dead07; 05-10-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Hello Dead07,

To break an NPC5 you would need 30k warriors, or 500 ballistae. If you would want to capture an NPC5 - either send a 30k warr, or 500 ballistae breaking wave, then follow it up with waves of 10k warriors every 30 seconds.You could replace the 10k warrior wave with 5k warr/5k arch. After 40-ish waves you will have captured the NPC.

That said, an NPC5 is not terribly usefull after you captured it and you might be better of capturing a players city - or waiting till you're ready for an NPC8 (which, if you play AgeII, you will need for your Queen anyhow). To capture an NPC8 you will need approximately 200k warriors, no other troops required - unless you break with an archer wave, in which case you can do it with 100k arch 100k warr.

Good Luck :-)

For 0 looses just send ballis non stop until its capped. With proper tech just send waves of 400 over and over. No need to time just spam til its yours.

If you want to get it fast then send a full wave of 400 ballis. If you have 9 farm teams send the 9. Then follow up with 15k war spams til its yours. Don't even bother sending them every 30 secs. Spamming works fine.
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

I use to parasite threads on that forum. Check now for infection.

Default npc5 with ballists

Using city at 1 mile took me 6 hours to cap a 5 with ballistas only.
    When 3 hours i was close to cancel it. But was too late. So, better don't try.

6 hrs to cap a city 1 mile away?

Sorry but you must have done something wrong. Sending 9 waves with ballis should take about 6 mins unless im wrong. (At work so can't check) each wave would take 2-4 loy. With 2 loy per wave that 19 loy every 12 mins. So that's about 20 loy every 12 mins. (counting on getting a loy of 3 or 4 in 1 hit.) So shouldn't take more then an hr. Sorry but that must be your fault if it took 6 hrs.
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

I first would like to thank everyone for the advice that they gave me. Its good to know that there are players out there that very strong they still take the time to help the weaker players. Its the players like you that make this game as good as it is.

Ill first say that I made a big mistake. I read the guides saying I should have Archery level 8. I thought I could just up the number of ballista I used. BIG mistake. I lost all my ballista and transports. When a few members of my alliance found out what happened they came to my rescue. We made a plan and executed it to perfection. The two stronger players sent a few waves to break the defences. I then sent waves of 5k-6k warriors until I took the city. It took me roughly 45 minutes to the city. I now know its always better to wait to do it correctly than hope you know what you doing.