Thread: 2010-2011 Premier League - The Final Day.

Default 2010-2011 Premier League - The Final Day.

Firstly, any of you who complain about English football can just leave. This is for people who enjoy the Barclays Premier League and all that goes on related to it.

/endrant

Anyway, what's your verdict on the final day? Did your team get relegated? Are you disappointed with the final game? Or are you here to congratulate your manager and your club in their performance? Or even just to speculate on other people's teams?

I, for one, was on tenterhooks with Wolves. 3-0 down at half-time. We were going to go down. However, it seemed that there was still some spark left in us, and although we lost 3-2, it was just enough. I was absolutely ecstatic when Spurs beat Brum, and when Blackpool were beaten by United. It meant that we'd just abut scraped top-flight football next season. McCarthy is possibly one of the best managers in the last 2 decades or so.

"The initials on my jacket stand for Mick McCarthy, not Merlin the Magician."

Doesn't seem that way, Mick.

Well, I'm a strong Man U fan and I like to say Sunderland, ManU winning the league is amazing, and Sunderland coming at 10th at the end is fantastic, it's their best spot ever I believe. I really hope Sunderland make use of next seasons extra budget, and ManU get the quality goalie of Dea Gea and win the championship league thing, that would be a dream.

Everton 1 Chelsea 0 haha what a game sending off,fight and goal of the season by beckford
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    I'm going to party like it's 1999.
    Server 188 - Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoner View Post
    Well, I'm a strong Man U fan and I like to say Sunderland, ManU winning the league is amazing, and Sunderland coming at 10th at the end is fantastic, it's their best spot ever I believe. I really hope Sunderland make use of next seasons extra budget, and ManU get the quality goalie of Dea Gea and win the championship league thing, that would be a dream.
    It's the Champion's League, only the best club competition in Europe, and arguably the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopster View Post
    Everton 1 Chelsea 0 haha what a game sending off,fight and goal of the season by beckford
    Agreed about Beckford's goal, but nobody's forgotten about Rooney's bicycle either.

I'm a Man United fan and have been ever since I can remember. I have a few jerseys over the years, with the oldest (and smallest) being one with SHARP on the front and Beckham on the back. By the looks of it, I was only about 3 years old.

I don't have any affiliation to the teams that were battling for Premiership status next year but I was happy that Stephen Hunt scored the goal that kept Wolves up. (A good goal at that.)
    ^Sigpic courtesy of Thorn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Wholey
    Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie_B View Post
    It's the Champion's League, only the best club competition in Europe, and arguably the world.

Agreed about Beckford's goal, but nobody's forgotten about Rooney's bicycle either.
    Ya see, I keep on mixing up The Coca-cola champions league with it, the league below. Also Rooneys bike was the best goal, being biased and crap but really, I can't see anything comparing to a bicycle kick from a cross top corner at a bullets pace...

Ya see, I keep on mixing up The Coca-cola champions league with it, the league below. Also Rooneys bike was the best goal, being biased and crap but really, I can't see anything comparing to a bicycle kick from a cross top corner at a bullets pace...
    Beckford got it from like evertons penalty area!
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    I'm going to party like it's 1999.
    Server 188 - Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Mopster View Post
    Beckford got it from like evertons penalty area!
    I saw the recap of it, and by god that was the worst defending I have ever seen. A nice run, but the goal ? A simple chip. Compare it to Ronney's one, do you think that is easier to do ?

+ It was against Mancity
    + IT pretty much won the derby
    + I t was probabaly one of the farthest away bicycle kick ever....
    Last edited by Reasoner; 05-23-2011 at 12:13 PM.

I can see why you're mixing them up; the league below the Premiership is known as the Championship, not the champion's league. Then it just goes League 1, League 2, Conference etc.

I saw the recap of it, and by god that was the worst defending I have ever seen. A nice run, but the goal ? A simple chip. Compare it to Ronney's one, do you think that is easier to do ?

+ It was against Mancity
    + IT pretty much won the derby
    + I t was probabaly one of the farthest away bicycle kick ever....
    Beckford was also lucky to keep the ball at one point.

I think Rooney's goal wins it due to the context like you said.
    ^Sigpic courtesy of Thorn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Wholey
    Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.