Thread: Lay Siege

Default Lay Siege

Hey, it should be possible to lay siege to a city.

That could be done e.g. by camping with your army in adjacent valleys. One could say a city is under siege if 3-4 adjacent blocks are occupied.
    Valley: troops camping in there
    NPC; taken over and NOT in suppression.
    City filled with troops and NOT in suppression

A city under siege should not be able to farm, send anything in/out of the city unless the siege is broken.

Siege could be broken by defeating one of the 3-4 surrounding armies
    in city: by sucessfully landing and winning one attack. Would be too long to wait for suppression imo.
    in valleys: by defeating the army stationed there.

It would be nice to have the ability to fortify valleys as well. It only seems normal.

When Rome attacked the barbarians under Ceasar, they would not have succeeded without the proper siege-tactics.
    So I think it would be very nice addition to this game.

When programmed well, that is. I have to say I'm a little dissapointed at the lack of creativity on evony's part. This game has not added anything to gameplay since I started playing age2 almost a year ago.
    Except for loads of new servers...

Quote Originally Posted by BwuceWee View Post
    I have to say I'm a little dissapointed at the lack of creativity on evony's part. This game has not added anything to gameplay since I started playing age2 almost a year ago.
    Except for loads of new servers...
    Welcome to Evony

By the way, did you notice all the people upset about the lack of improvements by Evony?

While you were noticing that, did you happen to notice that you AgeII players get the ONLY improvements that Evony make, and us AgeI players get ..... well let's just say there's no kissing first.

~
    I don't believe in thinking before I speak
    I prefer to be just as surprised as everyone else by what I say

Quote Originally Posted by Khalee View Post
    Welcome to Evony
    By the way, did you notice all the people upset about the lack of improvements by Evony?
    While you were noticing that, did you happen to notice that you AgeII players get the ONLY improvements that Evony make, and us AgeI players get ..... well let's just say there's no kissing first.
    ~
    well there was the Hammer that applied to both age 1 and age 2. and I think it is cool for age 2 it is more useful because you are more apt to trade cities up from a 10 to a 12 to 14 to 16. But the one big improvement applied to both.

Also Holiday mode is much more useful in age 1 than age 2 because holiday mode does not apply to historic cities.

Dont get me wrong I think age 2 is a better game that is why i play age 2 over age 1 but there are trade offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalee View Post
    Welcome to Evony

~
    Yes, I know, and I've seen the suggestions. A lot of black and red out there.
    Seems like lazyness and greed is the current that rips through the evony programmer team.

But please comment about the siege system. What do you think about it ?

make it possible to reinforce npc citys the higher title the more you can reinforce make it cost people to do it like 10 cents for a few hours after therell be a cool down period ....thatd annoy a few people if they were farming carelessly then thatd be like doing a siege

the trouble i think is that with age2 armies are massive, so if your city is surrounded by 3-4 massive armies then you would be under siege for a very very long time which would be no fun at all.

YNWA

RETIRED
    XxGamblexX aka RedEyeJedi
    S137 ~ SS54 ~ NA13 ~ NA21 ~ CA1

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    the trouble i think is that with age2 armies are massive, so if your city is surrounded by 3-4 massive armies then you would be under siege for a very very long time which would be no fun at all.
    Yes, that would be the purpose even. They could still port the city.

- Right now it's possible for normal colonised cities to hit HC's. That would be a way to stop them. (Although this has been quite usefull, in general it's not really fair). (bringing attack button to colonise-only servers would solve that problem too)

- If your enemies lack in troops, and are under siege, they have no business being there in the first place. It would be a way of forcing normal 10's out (bringing attack button to colonise-only servers would solve that problem too)

- Siege warfare could prove to be a nice tactical improvement on the game. Since defenders are in the advantage, you could lay siege to a big player and force them to attack to get free, resulting in a more balanced playing-experience.
    You could do this prior to an attack on his fellow members, and thus prevent them to reinforce or send anything to the city under attack UNLESS they try to break free.

Breaking free from siege could be done from either the city under siege or by his teammates.
    So it's not because a city under siege doesn't have the power to break it, his teammates couldn't.

It should also take up rally spots for the ones laying siege, so the siege-mechs don't get abused

ok if your talking about livening up na1-na19 then yes, introduce the attack button. personally i quit na13 because there was no attack button and i think it would be easier and prefered for evony to make na1-19 the same as na20+

edit: ps defenders have the advantage over people that have no clue how to attack, for the person that knows a thing or two about attacking a well defended city is easily overcome.

YNWA

RETIRED
    XxGamblexX aka RedEyeJedi
    S137 ~ SS54 ~ NA13 ~ NA21 ~ CA1

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    ok if your talking about livening up na1-na19 then yes, introduce the attack button. personally i quit na13 because there was no attack button and i think it would be easier and prefered for evony to make na1-19 the same as na20+

edit: ps defenders have the advantage over people that have no clue how to attack, for the person that knows a thing or two about attacking a well defended city is easily overcome.
    If defender doesn't know what they're doing and isn't account-sharing, then I would agree.
    There are a number of things you can do as a defender to never have to give it up, but that's another discussion. Even then still you could increase their war-weariness and have them Npc it.
    Laying siege to it would be fun to even **** of a good defender that shares accounts.

It would make the game more fun strategically as well, I think
    Last edited by BwuceWee; 05-31-2011 at 11:04 PM.