Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone play RTS games?

Hybrid View

Question Anyone play RTS games?

These are the RTS games I have:
    • Starcraft2
    • AoE3 (With both expansions)
    • AoE2 (With Conqueror's expansion)
    • Age of Mythology (with Titans expansion)
    • Warcraft3 (with Frozen Throne expansion)
    • Command and Conquer: Generals (with expansion)
    • Red Alert 3
    • Red Alert 2 (expansion is defective though -.-)

We need a 4th player for SC2... I don't really play any of the other ones anymore cuz no one else plays them, but if someone wants to, i'll re-install them and we can play a few games

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

Used to have those aom type games, but I quit awhile ago. I have sc2, But I am inactive atm.

I dont think these come under RTS, probably mmo, but Lotro and DDO are both epic games and both free 2 play (Pretty much free and more epic version of WoW)

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Turbine - www.ddo.com

Lord of The Rings Online - Turbine - www.lotro.com

Great graphics & full multiplayer environments!

Unique things in Lotro:
    -Skirmishes (Available at lv20)
    -Single/Multiplayer instances
    -Kinships
    -Earn tp (turbine points) in-game

Unique things in DDO
    -Unusual classes and races
    -earn tp (turbine points) in-game
    -Made almost completely for multiplayer progression

Last edited by Honor34; 06-14-2011 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Making post increasingly epic.

i used to play AoE2...but well that was a long time ago eric

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoner View Post
    Used to have those aom type games, but I quit awhile ago. I have sc2, But I am inactive atm.
    Well, my 2 current teammates and I play whenever we have the time basically, its not like a scheduled thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Honor34 View Post
    I dont think these come under RTS
    Why post then bruh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewster33 View Post
    i used to play AoE2...but well that was a long time ago eric
    lol same here, does that game even have online? I think they patched it in?

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

I play AOE2 matches with other Evony users somewhat regularly. I think there's some AOM games too, though I haven't participated in them yet.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

What's it like losing to Conrad every match, Alusaur?

Quote Originally Posted by Skirata View Post
    What's it like losing to Conrad every match, Alusaur?
    That's something that happens to everyone that faces Conrad, there's nothing remarkable about that.

So, I counter with this question:

What's it like ragequitting every time someone launches a successful attack against you, Skitapper?
    It's all Rodri's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    That's something that happens to everyone that faces Conrad, there's nothing remarkable about that.
    Except for me! In fact I recall a certain game when I defeated both Conrad and Dylan in a 2v1. Not to say I haven't ever lost to him, but I generally don't. Of course, I haven't played him since I started playing again, so it is possible I'll start losing to him if he has improved.
    Last edited by Heraclius; 06-15-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post
    Do any of you have AoE3?
    I do, with the first expansion (War Chiefs), but I don't think I can play online very well with dial-up (even AoE2 drops connections for me when playing against computer opponents), and lately I've had issues with 3D games which means I'll probably need to replace my video card before being able to play them again.

I haven't looked up strats for AoE2 and never played it online -.-' I think you guys would pwn me lol.
    Practice makes perfect. I was brand new to AoE2 when I started playing with these guys, but I've improved since then.

Side question: Is there Supremacy/Deathmatch modes like there are in AoE3? If so, which do you guys play?
    I think AoE2's game modes are Random Map, Regicide (you must protect a king unit from harm), and Deathmatch (as well as Custom maps of course).

Lately we've played Random Maps, with 200 pop, explored map, and fast speed, though I'm hoping to explore other match types/settings in the future.

Also, I wasn't all that great in Age of Mythology either haha
    I think I do fairly nicely with AoM, but I haven't played online against others yet. Again, I don't know how my internet would handle it.

[EDIT] Are you guys playing the Conqueror's Expansion?
    We are, yes. We play that rather than the AoK version.

Would you mind walking me through that in a PM? And are these user-made patches?
    Patch 1.0c is the last official Microsoft patch for AoE2. Patch 1.0e, from what I've read, is a user-made patch that fixes exploits that can be used in online play. I only learned about it recently, but I'm thinking about encouraging the others to get it so we have the "legit" version in the eyes of the AoE2 competition community.

I can try to walk you through the steps, sure. Though I'd give the credit to Conrad for being the know-how guy with URLs and things needed to get people set up.

From what Alusair said there already is a group, we just have to become cool enough to be put on the list
    I'd not mind adding those interested in playing, and I doubt the others would either. More players means more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Heraclius View Post
    Except for me! In fact I recall a certain game when I defeated both Conrad and Dylan in a 2v1. Not to say I haven't ever lost to him, but I generally don't. Of course, I haven't played him since I started playing again, so it is possible I'll start losing to him if he has improved.
    Well, for what it's worth, I think I may have made that statement before Conrad told me about your abilities.
    It's all Rodri's fault.