Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone play RTS games?

We should make a group of AoE2 players....i can get it on GAMESTOP anytime..and eric yeah i think u can play it online

We use Gameranger for the online play, and use the 1.0c patch. Though I'm hearing about a 1.0e patch that I'm curious about.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    I play AOE2 matches with other Evony users somewhat regularly. I think there's some AOM games too, though I haven't participated in them yet.
    Do any of you have AoE3? I was ranked top50 at one point on there (Top10 if you sort by French Civ hehe), I haven't looked up strats for AoE2 and never played it online -.-' I think you guys would pwn me lol. Side question: Is there Supremacy/Deathmatch modes like there are in AoE3? If so, which do you guys play? Also, I wasn't all that great in Age of Mythology either haha

[EDIT] Are you guys playing the Conqueror's Expansion?

[DOUBLE EDIT] I just watched a strat on youtube the graphics are so ghetto! hehe brings back memories, and the guy is scouting around with sheep haha, I remember when I played I was like 10 and had no concept of strategy Just build the coolest looking base and mass the coolest looking army and engage when ready lol, man I wanna play really bad now
    We use Gameranger for the online play, and use the 1.0c patch. Though I'm hearing about a 1.0e patch that I'm curious about.
    Would you mind walking me through that in a PM? And are these user-made patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewster33 View Post
    We should make a group of AoE2 players....i can get it on GAMESTOP anytime..and eric yeah i think u can play it online
    From what Alusair said there already is a group, we just have to become cool enough to be put on the list
    Quote Originally Posted by neogrant View Post
    People still play Red Alert 2.
    What I meant, was no one I know plays it anymore... its fun getting high in the ranks and all, but when there's no one to brag about it to, it loses its edge...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    I was a big Starcraft 2 player for a month or 2 after release. Diamond in all leagues!
    Nice, I was put in Platinum... but my qualifying matches were my first 5 matches playing Protoss, my previous experience being all terran (campaign). I think i'd qualify for Diamond now... at least I hope lol

I'm assuming no one plays RA3 cuz of the OP Double Dojo rushes? (They may have balanced it since the last time I played though..)
    Last edited by eric0095; 06-15-2011 at 03:44 AM.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

That's something that happens to everyone that faces Conrad, there's nothing remarkable about that.
    Except for me! In fact I recall a certain game when I defeated both Conrad and Dylan in a 2v1. Not to say I haven't ever lost to him, but I generally don't. Of course, I haven't played him since I started playing again, so it is possible I'll start losing to him if he has improved.
    Last edited by Heraclius; 06-15-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post
    Do any of you have AoE3?
    I do, with the first expansion (War Chiefs), but I don't think I can play online very well with dial-up (even AoE2 drops connections for me when playing against computer opponents), and lately I've had issues with 3D games which means I'll probably need to replace my video card before being able to play them again.

I haven't looked up strats for AoE2 and never played it online -.-' I think you guys would pwn me lol.
    Practice makes perfect. I was brand new to AoE2 when I started playing with these guys, but I've improved since then.

Side question: Is there Supremacy/Deathmatch modes like there are in AoE3? If so, which do you guys play?
    I think AoE2's game modes are Random Map, Regicide (you must protect a king unit from harm), and Deathmatch (as well as Custom maps of course).

Lately we've played Random Maps, with 200 pop, explored map, and fast speed, though I'm hoping to explore other match types/settings in the future.

Also, I wasn't all that great in Age of Mythology either haha
    I think I do fairly nicely with AoM, but I haven't played online against others yet. Again, I don't know how my internet would handle it.

[EDIT] Are you guys playing the Conqueror's Expansion?
    We are, yes. We play that rather than the AoK version.

Would you mind walking me through that in a PM? And are these user-made patches?
    Patch 1.0c is the last official Microsoft patch for AoE2. Patch 1.0e, from what I've read, is a user-made patch that fixes exploits that can be used in online play. I only learned about it recently, but I'm thinking about encouraging the others to get it so we have the "legit" version in the eyes of the AoE2 competition community.

I can try to walk you through the steps, sure. Though I'd give the credit to Conrad for being the know-how guy with URLs and things needed to get people set up.

From what Alusair said there already is a group, we just have to become cool enough to be put on the list
    I'd not mind adding those interested in playing, and I doubt the others would either. More players means more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Heraclius View Post
    Except for me! In fact I recall a certain game when I defeated both Conrad and Dylan in a 2v1. Not to say I haven't ever lost to him, but I generally don't. Of course, I haven't played him since I started playing again, so it is possible I'll start losing to him if he has improved.
    Well, for what it's worth, I think I may have made that statement before Conrad told me about your abilities.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

What's it like ragequitting every time someone launches a successful attack against you, Skitapper?
    Pretty good. Frees up an hour that would otherwise be spent countering the attack and eventually sending a wave back at the invading scum. Unless of course we are dealing with Conrad, the Conqueror.

Talking

I do, with the first expansion (War Chiefs), but I don't think I can play online very well with dial-up (even AoE2 drops connections for me when playing against computer opponents), and lately I've had issues with 3D games which means I'll probably need to replace my video card before being able to play them again.
    Ah, I was only good in the Asian Dynasty expansion. And semi good on the other 2... and yikes against comps? I'm assuming you were playing against them with someone else
    I think AoE2's game modes are Random Map, Regicide (you must protect a king unit from harm), and Deathmatch (as well as Custom maps of course).
    Ah yes, I forgot about Regicide, that mode is always fun
    I think I do fairly nicely with AoM, but I haven't played online against others yet. Again, I don't know how my internet would handle it.
    The Custom Games are a blast on AoM, playing legitimately takes skill, because Titans/God Powers/Wonders influence the battle heavily, man now I wanna play AoM lol
    Patch 1.0c is the last official Microsoft patch for AoE2. Patch 1.0e, from what I've read, is a user-made patch that fixes exploits that can be used in online play. I only learned about it recently, but I'm thinking about encouraging the others to get it so we have the "legit" version in the eyes of the AoE2 competition community.
    Ah nice, i'm assuming it prevents cheats or something
    I can try to walk you through the steps, sure. Though I'd give the credit to Conrad for being the know-how guy with URLs and things needed to get people set up.
    sweet I PM'd you, installing now
    I'd not mind adding those interested in playing, and I doubt the others would either. More players means more fun.

"
    - Albert Einstein

Ah the ole AoE games were good fun, played em to death lan, never online (couldnt be botherd i was allways more of a FPS man online lol) Company of Heroes is a Good WWII Rts, one of the best ive seen. (great fun lan - Watch out bots will give you a hiding if your not fast) (Company of Heroes has 2 expansions and one mod expansion, Opposing fronts, Tales of Valor and Russian front mod All worth having)

Of the Age of series Age of Empires 2 (conquerors) was my favorite, Tho i did love Not having to rebuild farms in AoM lol. (i hate farming joke here)

.SS

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

They should make a remastered version of AoE2, was/is a legendary RTS game.

Btw I installed Gameranger. I need people to add me (I'm eric0095 on there as well ). Also, how do I download patch 1.0c? (I currently have 1.0b)

[EDIT] My simple mind managed to figure out how to get the patch... now we play the waiting game...
    If anyone else was having trouble getting the patch, follow this link, and download the patch in the language of your choice
    Last edited by eric0095; 06-19-2011 at 02:25 AM.

"
    - Albert Einstein

Talking Double post alert

Good game, Conrad and Heraclius

"
    - Albert Einstein