Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantis Reset

Default Atlantis Reset

Personally I think that Atlantis should have a sort of reset.
    Where it turns back into an npc and people would have to recapture it.

As for the previous owner of the Atlantis: he would have a normal Regular city that would look Exactly like his Atlantis looked like, even the resource fields would go up to 18. BUT he wouldn't be able to send out that large amount of troops, instead he'd be able to send out 125k, something like a portable 12.
    No drafting policies though. It would have an unique outlook.

The city would be randomly ported away somewhere when it is time, all reinforcements sent back to their owners and have a 24 hours truce for the owner to settle in.

That would allow for another alliance to have a chance to regain Atlantis. As it is now, people can just speech text forever and not lose atlantis. It would bring more life to the servers.

I would suggest a period of 4 months, it would reset every 4 months.

i would venture atlantis would not be capped as often... who wants to spend those troops just to lose it every 4 months.. and if it was capped all the time, would be the same alliances doing it. cause they have the troops and know how

This is a very interesting idea. I think it would upset a lot of players at first.. but, if implemented, it has the potential to renew competition on dying servers.

The wheels of survival are greased more readily by easy lies than hard truths.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilesyt View Post
    Personally I think that Atlantis should have a sort of reset.
    Where it turns back into an npc and people would have to recapture it.

I like this idea and am sure lots others do as well, its a nice way to get around multi accounting, im sure NA1 would appreciate it lol

As for the previous owner of the Atlantis: he would have a normal Regular city that would look Exactly like his Atlantis looked like, even the resource fields would go up to 18. BUT he wouldn't be able to send out that large amount of troops, instead he'd be able to send out 125k, something like a portable 12.

Nope I think that they should have to move troops out just before maintance, and then at maintance Atlantis should be npc'd. Its an alliance effort to cap atlantis in the first place so why should one player get a better city? Atlantis should also have a cooldown period after it is npcd, meaning that alliances cant start fighting over it immediatly, but say maybe 12 hours after maintance, this gives all alliances a chance to get set up.
    No drafting policies though. It would have an unique outlook.

NA

The city would be randomly ported away somewhere when it is time, all reinforcements sent back to their owners and have a 24 hours truce for the owner to settle in.

That would allow for another alliance to have a chance to regain Atlantis. As it is now, people can just speech text forever and not lose atlantis. It would bring more life to the servers.

Would also allow small 'super alliances' to form with the intent of capping atlantis which would bring lots more wars to the server
    I would suggest a period of 4 months, it would reset every 4 months.

4 months may be too short of a time, I would suggest something like 6 months, that way a cap isnt in vain.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Then 16s would become the main target of many alliances. If the reset is implemented on 16s as well, then 14s the main target. If 14s reset too, then people would just do PvP because 12s suck
    NA24: CELTS - Retired
    NA33: INSOMNIA - Retired
    NA43: Relapse

I don't agree with NPCing Atlantis regularly. Why make Evony force someone to give up the cream of the crop. The only ones who would want that are those that didn't get Atlantis to begin with. I'd rather see speech texts and comforting limited to 1 every 12 hours. Then there could be an honest fight to take it away from the holder.
    Last edited by kistari; 06-16-2011 at 05:15 PM.

I agree with Kistari in that the owner of 0,0 should not be forced out of his HC unless it is taken PvP fair and square. Speech-texts are not the entire problem though it is the comforting system which creates this endless loop making it impossible to steal cities from account sharers, botters and auto clickers. Limit FB speech-texts to a couple per day to give the defender some chance at instant loyalty repair.

I do however think though that comforting on HCs should be removed all together leaving a grievance removal only. The owners would need to defend their HCs using troops of their own or reinforcements of their alliance while they remove out the grievance for the loyalty to start to go upwards.

1 + 1/2 hours is plenty of time to get reinforcements sent to the HCs under attack to begin to repel the attacks and attempt to restore the cities loyalty to 100.

The amount of grievance removed on each comfort would not be large enough to counter the effects of the attacker winning over and over and over otherwise we just end up with the loyalty loop problem when the HC is in -15 mode.

HCs across the server should be considered as elite assets and if you decide to take one you should be expected to be able to defend it properly and without using 24/7 comforting/bots. This idea I think should at least be done on all 14,16s & the 18.

I think most would agree that this would be a very simple fix to a huge problem across all evony servers today and allow for a more realistic representation on conquering cities and a small defeat towards account sharers and botters alike.
    Last edited by nailbomb; 06-16-2011 at 05:50 PM.

It is not sufficient that I succeed - all others must fail.

This is an interesting idea and one that could have some thought put in to it.

It doesn't seem likely Evony can or are willing to merge Age II servers, so resetting Atlantis is possibly an option to put life back in to fading server. Maybe even reset HH's in dead accounts.

Someone commented on where to put the breaks on this. You could reset the 16's too as those usually take more than one person to cap. I don't think a reset would benefit the 14's and definitely not the 12s.

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    Speech-texts are not the entire problem though it is the comforting system which creates this endless loop making it impossible to steal cities from account sharers, botters and auto clickers.
    The current system is broken. It needs a REAL fix.

If some are worried about the 'bully' aspect - leave the system as is for 12's. But owners of 14's, 16's and especially 18's are supposed to be the 'elite'. They do NOT need protection. In fact, protecting them with the current comfort system is unfair towards the vast majority of players.
    http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/6517/23696534.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kistari View Post
    I don't agree with NPCing Atlantis regularly. Why make Evony force someone to give up the cream of the crop. The only ones who would want that are those that didn't get Atlantis to begin with. I'd rather see speech texts and comforting limited to 1 every 12 hours. Then there could be an honest fight to take it away from the holder.
    The problem with atlantis is not only the comforting problem.

You have to count in the human mentality too.

What do you think happens on a server (especially the non-colonization servers) when atlantis is capped ?
    A lot of people quit to go to another server because they give up and don't think they will be able to take away from them, comforting or no. There are then also alot of people who will go over.

And usually it is a strong alliance that takes over atlantis so what chance do the weak alliances have when the bigger one caps atlantis ? Almost nothing.
    It takes a strong alliance like the Khans to actually be able to clean out atlantis. But the weak alliances can not do that cause they are then weakened by betrayals and people quitting. Only the truly brave of heart don't give up.

So if they have a prospect where atlantis will be cleared and they have a chance to take it over, some will then not lose heart so easily.

Also I agree that there should be a cooldown on atlantis, I overlooked that part. Everytime atlantis is npc'd, there should be a cooldown of 2 days for the alliances to prepare.