Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay-To-Play Servers

Default Pay-To-Play Servers

I know "Subscriptions" are not going to be implemented in to Evony, but this idea I feel is a little different. How about a server that DOES cost you $10-$15 per month to have an account on, and removes cents from the server all together?

This would mean that Evony still makes a stable income from a server, but:

1. Players who have to pay to play a server are less likely to bot
    2. Everyone has an even chance at high ranks

Not only that, but it would allow Evony to, in ways, test all the other player suggestions.

Medal drop rates could be increased, mich scripts could drop more commonly again as well as the rare double item drop, chat would no longer cost money. All of this sort of thing COULD be implemented, without reducing Evonys profit margin.

Personally, I can't say I know how much money Evony makes from a server, but if the server is popular enough, I think we could expect at least 10,000-20,000 players at any one time. At $15 a head, that would mean the server would still make Evony $10,000 daily. And to top it all off, it would make a LOT of players happy to play.

So now instead of players whining about medal drops rates, or whining about how unfair it is, Evony could simply direct players to the server and that would be it.

I think I speak for the majority of players when I say that $15 a month for a server that everyone has equal chance to succeed in is a reasonable amount.

I'd certainly be willing to pay it, and with the potential revenue Evony could make from putting up another server and tweaking some things, it's certainly worth a shot.

All Evony has to do is implement a standard server, but add all of the shops current items to the drop table of NPCs and player battles. I honestly wouldn't even mind if medal drop rate remains the same, if everyone has the same problem.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Mageofpie; 06-26-2011 at 12:50 AM.

In my bed... With a pillow between my legs.

Hmm this is interesting, doubtful that it would be implemented but I think it would be interesting to see how it works out if implemented.

Also, this really wouldn't stop the need for a bot, most people that do bot, bot to farm.

But it is an interesting idea.

Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough
    I don't know why
    Keep making me laugh, Let's go get high
    The road is long, we carry on
    Try to have fun in the meantime

I like that idea, especially when it comes to Evony being able to test out ideas before releasing to the 'general population,' I guess you could call it.

--------------------
    Retired 7/28/11

It certainly wouldn't stop the need for most players to bot, but I have heard that Evony are in talks with someone to develop a way in which they may implement something that could remove the need in-game anyway.

However, if you have to pay to play a game, then you may be less likely to bot, because it would be as though you are paying just so you don't play the game lol.

It would not eliminate botting, but I feel it would reduce it.

i suport the idia i think it would make the game fun

Ive said it many times in alliance chat...Id pay a monthly membership fee for a noncoiner server.

I'm sure someone will comment that it would become a dead server, due to lack of ports. Thats an easy fix. As part of your monthly membership to this server you could set up a package of goodies. Something like a random port, holy water, an Excalibur, ect... It doesnt have to be 100% equal to the membership fee, but a temptation to make people want to give it a go.

I play another game...well many games offer "member services" for a monthly cost to have a better service than the free version.

Id love to see it happen, and they could do it...but they wont.
    Oh gawd I have to make a new sig again -.-

Mizza - Retired s30
    WkdWays - Retired ss56
    Pandamoni - DarkRage 151/UsAgain 153

I would suggest that coins get removed from the wheel all together. Because you have to pay to play in the server, coins should not be available in the server in any shape or form. And if they are, then they must be obtainable by every player without having to spend any more money on the server. Otherwise the server might as well be just like any other.

i would love a subscription version of the game if it made it a skill vs skill rather then who got most money wins .
    since the servers started going out every 6 weeks or so the big coiners have gathered together in bigger numbers and it just ruin each server .

Quote Originally Posted by Mizza View Post
    Ive said it many times in alliance chat...Id pay a monthly membership fee for a noncoiner server.

I'm sure someone will comment that it would become a dead server, due to lack of ports. Thats an easy fix. As part of your monthly membership to this server you could set up a package of goodies. Something like a random port, holy water, an Excalibur, ect... It doesnt have to be 100% equal to the membership fee, but a temptation to make people want to give it a go.

I play another game...well many games offer "member services" for a monthly cost to have a better service than the free version.

Id love to see it happen, and they could do it...but they wont.
    Even then, as I said, all items from the shop could be added as rewards from NPC battles, player battles or even with the new Facebook integration. Regular and Advanced teleporters included.

I like the idea of random packages too, it would definitely make renewing membership monthly not a concern for me.

And @Chitonu I agree - THREAT is ruining 153 for us lol. :P

Would honestly love to see this suggestion in beta within another year or so. Though having the ability to coin should still be available, just not to the extent of thousands of dollars from a single player. PvPs would actually play out quite nicely on a pay to play server. And having a fixed medal drop rate, instead of extremely variable ones we now have on every server.
    Fear My War Path