Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576

Thread: 153 Glitched

@ Matrix
    1. Read the post again, it was a complaint of bots (which I share) and disappointment that the downtime wasn't related to bots at all, not even to remove them.

2. The Devs are doing their job with the game itself and it operates pretty much trouble free. Unfortunately, the Devs who monitor and maintain the servers, the actual boxes that we connect to, are NOT doing a good job. The constant lag and frequent downtime on so many servers screams that and only that.

3. You had "Utter crap" to sift through because NO ONE HAS STATED WHAT THE CAUSE WAS YET!!! These Devs and Mods you're praising have done little more than say the server was back up and running and then threaten folks with no compensation packages because people were/are displeased with the effort Evony and its Reps have shown regarding customer notifications and server performance.

I saw someone compare Evony to a bottle of coke earlier today and wanted to comment. I'm a Dev myself, I'm only going on about 8 years of experience but one thing I know is that the fizziness doesn't just disappear one day. They have the intel on traffic, peak usage times, server load, and so many other stats that they CAN know down to within a couple of days when a server is going to have a major problem. Maybe plenty of problems are avoided due to this intel that we never know about because it's fixed preemptively, but far too many are occurring that we do know about and have to wait out the repairs for.

As for glitches, which is not an acceptable term to be given to customers as a reason something went wrong since the use of the term glitch clearly implies you know nothing else about the problem that to say it's a glitch, they are avoided through continual upgrades and code revision. When was the last time Age I received a software update??? The last thing I can find in-game, in the forums, or on any official Evony website shows an update back in 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been 18 months.

So my question for the Devs, and one which I pray for a sincere and complete answer to, is has Age I been archived? Or is development of the software still on-going? Because it seems to me 18 months is a long damn time between updates.

BTW - Matrix? Don't bother responding. I literally have no care left to lessen regarding what you think. But I figured I'd follow your superb example of sticking my big nose where it doesn't belong.
    Last edited by LordGeary; 06-30-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordGeary View Post
    @ Matrix
    1. Read the post again, it was a complaint of bots (which I share) and disappointment that the downtime wasn't related to bots at all, not even to remove them.

2. The Devs are doing their job with the game itself and it operates pretty much trouble free. Unfortunately, the Devs who monitor and maintain the servers, the actual boxes that we connect to, are NOT doing a good job. The constant lag and frequent downtime on so many servers screams that and only that.

3. You had "Utter crap" to sift through because NO ONE HAS STATED WHAT THE CAUSE WAS YET!!! These Devs and Mods you're praising have done little more than say the server was back up and running and then threaten folks with no compensation packages because people were/are displeased with the effort Evony and its Reps have shown regarding customer notifications and server performance.

I saw someone compare Evony to a bottle of coke earlier today and wanted to comment. I'm a Dev myself, I'm only going on about 8 years of experience but one thing I know is that the fizziness doesn't just disappear one day. They have the intel on traffic, peak usage times, server load, and so many other stats that they CAN know down to within a couple of days when a server is going to have a major problem. Maybe plenty of problems are avoided due to this intel that we never know about because it's fixed preemptively, but far too many are occurring that we do know about and have to wait out the repairs for.

As for glitches, which is not an acceptable term to be given to customers as a reason something went wrong since the use of the term glitch clearly implies you know nothing else about the problem that to say it's a glitch, they are avoided through continual upgrades and code revision. When was the last time Age I received a software update??? The last thing I can find in-game, in the forums, or on any official Evony website shows an update back in 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been 18 months.

So my question for the Devs, and one which I pray for a sincere and complete answer to, is has Age I been archived? Or is development of the software still on-going? Because it seems to me 18 months is a long damn time between updates.

BTW - Matrix? Don't bother responding. I literally have no care left to lessen regarding what you think. But I figured I'd follow your superb example of sticking my big nose where it doesn't belong.

Things public in nature that go on whether in game or on these forums are just as much my business as anyone elses.
    Last edited by AbstractAngel; 06-30-2011 at 08:44 PM.