Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 365

Thread: Royalty

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by estrickland89 View Post
    I would really be surprised is you guys even get 1 free amulet. It's a glitch fix, not a mistake caused by the servers committing suicide. Read what Thalin posted over and over again.
    It wasn't a glitch. There were 30+ threads on it for 19 months, out in the open, without any fix or mention of a glitch until now. Just because you call something a glitch, doesn't make it so. The "it was a glitch" talking point has been utterly destroyed, it's about time it stops being thrown out there. What happened was a 'game change' not a 'glitch fix.'

    There are also 100 real problems to fix before this invented one.

    There is also the lazy way in which they fixed it. For starters on colonize-only servers noobs can't lose their queen unless they want to, because you can only lose it in an HC, which most noobs don't have and which you can always keep filled with heros you are willing to lose.

    The bottomline is that part of the game became hunting for them. This provided much-needed entertainment considering many other aspects of the game are seriously bugged and will not be fixed (because evony is ignorant about how their game is played).

    This kind of change should have been made to new servers going forward, only. It would be announced, known, and people would know what they were getting. The imaginary people that were supposedly being harmed (and to be sure, they are imagined or ridiculously exaggerated) could move to the newer servers, or even the colonize-only servers and keep their queen out of HCs. Everyone would be happy, or at least way way way more people than are currently happy. Of course, Evony is too ignorant of their own game, and obviously arrogant (see Comrade Stalin, I mean Thalin, closing threads in under 5 minutes for exposing the uncomfortable truth) to choose a sensible solution.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    floating around on a boat
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    some of you guys are going to get this thread closed....then you will complain that evony closed another thread, i am talking here about fairness. it was a glitch and no amount of whining will change that. this is about reinstating royals to people that obtained them through the quest but do not have one now because it was stolen.

    YNWA

    RETIRED
    XxGamblexX aka RedEyeJedi
    S137 ~ SS54 ~ NA13 ~ NA21 ~ CA1

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    some of you guys are going to get this thread closed....then you will complain that evony closed another thread, i am talking here about fairness. it was a glitch and no amount of whining will change that. this is about reinstating royals to people that obtained them through the quest but do not have one now because it was stolen.
    If it ever was a 'glitch', and Evony doesn't provide any guide as to their 'intentions' so the claim has little support, then it stopped becoming a 'glitch' when... it was never labeled a 'glitch' publicly by any authority at Evony in 19 months, despite the obvious fact it was happening, it was never fixed or scheduled to be fixed in 19 months, despite the obvious fact it was happening. They were aware of it from the beginning and it takes a few days at most to fix, and for 19 months it was part of the game despite these facts; the only conclusion for reasonable people to make is that it was endorsed (until now)....yep, game change.

    What happened was a game change. And whining doesn't change things, but neither does labeling legitimate concerns as 'whines', so you should refrain from doing so, in my opinion. Of course, unfortunately with Evony, providing legtimate concerns doesn't change things either.

    And ordinary posters cannot close threads, so you are wrong about that.

    As for whether the people who are queenless will get a queen, stop whining.
    Last edited by ForTheRecord; 07-13-2011 at 12:59 PM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    some of you guys are going to get this thread closed....then you will complain that evony closed another thread, i am talking here about fairness. it was a glitch and no amount of whining will change that. this is about reinstating royals to people that obtained them through the quest but do not have one now because it was stolen.
    Oh well that makes a lot more sense. I agree that people who got them from capping a 8 and a 10 and jump through the other hoops of the quest just to have them stolen should get them back. But people who stole them and now have like 5 of them should only be left with one. (excal or not)

    So yeah, I apologize for not reading into what you were trying to say more than I have.

    ~Betrayed's Little Geeky Kitty~

    ~Read My Story Here Show Your Support~

    I cyber stalk people for fun

  5. #15

    Default Royal BS

    First off if stacking Royals are glitches then HH's stacking are to oh what cause you use more cents its not? How is that fair... Anyways, you can tell those apart ones who aren't upset didn't have a problem with this cause they don't have the Royals like we did or spent to get HH's. Ones who were did it the long hard way with time and effort to get their Royals. So I'm not complaining I'm just saying to those who are telling us angry ones to stop, put yourself in our spot before you try to stick up for Evony.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    floating around on a boat
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForTheRecord View Post
    If it ever was a 'glitch', and Evony doesn't provide any guide as to their 'intentions' so the claim has little support, then it stopped becoming a 'glitch' when... it was never labeled a 'glitch' publicly by any authority at Evony in 19 months, despite the obvious fact it was happening, it was never fixed or scheduled to be fixed in 19 months, despite the obvious fact it was happening. They were aware of it from the beginning and it takes a few days at most to fix, and for 19 months it was part of the game despite these facts; the only conclusion for reasonable people to make is that it was endorsed (until now)....yep, game change.

    What happened was a game change. And whining doesn't change things, and neither does labeling legitimate concerns as 'whines', so you should refrain from doing so, in my opinion. Of course, unfortunately with Evony, providing legtimate concerns doesn't change anything either.

    And ordinary posters cannot close threads, so you are wrong about that.

    As for whether the people who are queenless will get a queen, stop whining.

    you obviously had quite a few......

    "a king/queen has infiate loyalty and can not be captured" = glitch when they can.

    also...while you may think it takes a few days to fix such a glitch i'm sure in reality it takes much longer.

    your argument that is flawed, and i would rather you refer to the op before you post another reply.

    YNWA

    RETIRED
    XxGamblexX aka RedEyeJedi
    S137 ~ SS54 ~ NA13 ~ NA21 ~ CA1

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForTheRecord View Post
    If it ever was a 'glitch', and Evony doesn't provide any guide as to their 'intentions' so the claim has little support, then it stopped becoming a 'glitch' when... it was never labeled a 'glitch' publicly by any authority at Evony in 19 months, despite the obvious fact it was happening, it was never fixed or scheduled to be fixed in 19 months, despite the obvious fact it was happening. They were aware of it from the beginning and it takes a few days at most to fix, and for 19 months it was part of the game despite these facts; the only conclusion for reasonable people to make is that it was endorsed (until now)....yep, game change.
    Bingo!

    Trying to argue that Evony was either unaware of what was happening or that it couldn't muster a fix in a year and a half is preposterous, yet these are the only two things that can support the "glitch" claim.

    And for the "glitch" claimers, which one are you going to pick? They didn't know it was happening? Or they couldn't fix it whenever they wanted (i.e. the day after they realized it)?

  8. #18

    Default

    Will Age 1 players please return to Age 1 and leave this topic for those that understand the situation fully.

    Wrong has been done to every player of Age 2, and I agree that what we need right now is some proper clarification from Evony instead of just deleting threads and posts. We aren't going away and neither are our questions. What is going to happen to those without Royals are you going to replace them or not?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,262

    Default

    Wrong royals came free from quests, meaning you had to actually jump through hoops to get them. HHs are purchased (10c for the portrait) and can only be taken if you have said portrait.

    ~Betrayed's Little Geeky Kitty~

    ~Read My Story Here Show Your Support~

    I cyber stalk people for fun

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    you obviously had quite a few......

    "a king/queen has infiate loyalty and can not be captured" = glitch when they can.

    also...while you may think it takes a few days to fix such a glitch i'm sure in reality it takes much longer.

    your argument that is flawed, and i would rather you refer to the op before you post another reply.
    Yeah, it can't be captured when attacking, never could, never will. From day one it could be lost with cities

    also...while you may claim it takes more than a few days to fix such a glitch i'm sure in reality it takes much shorter (assuming competent and motivated programmers)

    my argument isn't flawed, it is just inconvenient to the people peddling the absurd notion that Evony didn't just change their game (after a year and a half)

    i saw the op, you are whining by your own definition, and i am sure evony will tell you to pound sand like it tells everyone who questions its actions.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •