Thread: pay to play server

Default pay to play server

Hello all, I know there are people who would like to have a server that people couldn't coin on. But if that happened Evony wouldn't make the money they need. I have figured a way to satisfy both sides. Evony should make a few servers that you had to pay for example $10 a month to be on. On these servers, you couldn't purchase coins or game items as u can now. Yes you would have to rewire some of the mechanics, due to not being able to buy michaelangelo scripts, but this would put an emphasis on skill. Maybe they could make it where u would get game items such as the script from npcs. Another option would be to completely change the game items. What do you think Lords and Ladies of Evony?

I'm back evony and so is Delta!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rodney View Post
    Wasap DELTA! I moved to Franconia so we don't get hit.....

This idea has been mentioned and shot down it seems like once a week.
    ./ ____| ||||||||||...| |
    | (___ | |_ __ _ _ __ | | ___ ___
    |\___ \| __/ _` | '_ \| |/ _ \/ __|
    |____) | || (_| | |_) | | __/\__ \
    |_____/ \__\__,_| ._/|_|\__|.__/
    ||||||||||||||||.| |

You figured out an idea that has been bounced around these forums for well over a year ... Next!

Original idea is original

I'MMMMMMMM BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

norr is basically a lesser version of shep
    hes not as awesome as me, but hell do root (nod)

Look at that tree, to your left.. Bit more... Down a little bit.. Yeah, found me.

Evony Free forever

Evony - the name of the game.

Free - it will not cost any money to play.

forever - and it never will.

Let's put this all into one sentence now - Evony will not cost any money to play and it never will. Perfect.
    Server 133 (SS62)

Find me if you dare!

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l633/ImGimp/Wabbits_com.png
    Amazing sig - Morgon le Fay!

This idea has been brought up atleast once every few days.
    Reason it wouldn't work.
    Why in gods' name if I am a paying player that LOVES to beat people that dont coin, would I ever join a server where i'd have no way of beating it easily or with an upper hand.
    Skill? You brought that up for these people that play this game. Skill has NOTHING to do with whether someone has the cash. You hand me a city with 500K archers 100K layers and 50K balli and a decent Attack hero, I can keep anyone from taking my city. Without losing hardly anything or comforting. I bet there a few people out there that can do this to that have never spent more then a 100$ ever.
    Please don't send me hateful PM's you make me cry........ from laughing so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by gottibabe1 View Post
    Meh it's an ok,but I've seen much bigger
    Do I even need to say it?

Including a "pay to play" server with some of the inclusions mentioned in the original post (i.e., removal of purchasing Michelangelo Scripts) would not suddenly necessitate amy amount of "skill" with regard to gameplay, as was alluded to in that post. As it pertains to shelling out real money to play an imaginary game, skill factors in where players DO NOT pay to play...at all...for anything. Not even to complete the "we say it's 'free forever' but you actually have to buy something to finish this one" quest(s). Buying your way through the game only accomplishes one thing, being able to get 'there' faster (wherever 'there' may be). If someone wants to demonstrate skill, do so without spending money on the game.

As for a subscription-based server, why would they do that? It would have to be at a rate of $100 per month (or more) to compete with what players on 'free' servers are paying now for in-game benefits and boosts.

Also, if Evony actually required that you pay to play, then that would compel them to actually address the numerous and abounding bugs, flaws, errors, defects, and issues with the game that have been prevalent for over two years and get the standard responses of "we're aware of it" or "we're not addressing it." Just fixing the typographical and grammatical errors alone would be a full-time task for quite awhile. And if they forced players to pay, they might actually have to consider the oodles and oodles of player suggestions (many of which would make the game immensely more enjoyable and engaging) that they have been ignoring because it takes away from their profit margin to implement them (such as allowing players to exchange/sell unwanted items via a marketplace of some sort).

On Most Servers (Both Ages) / Playing Since May 2009

Paying homage to RED on top of Mt. Silver

This idea would go against Evony's motto of "Free Forever".

This has already been suggested.. Numerous times. Thread closed.

The wheels of survival are greased more readily by easy lies than hard truths.