Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Germain's Evony Forum Customizer

Default Germain's Evony Forum Customizer (v2.0)

v2.0 is out, bringing fixes and improvements. All features should be working now.

I- Prerequisites
    Mozilla Firefox (or any browser that supports greasemonkey)
    Note: Userscripts are built into Chrome so no need to download greasemonkey with it.
    Greasemonkey
    Excel 2007+ compatibility (if using older versions)

II- Functionality
    Greasemonkey allows you to customize web pages by replacing elements with elements of your choice. This is exactly what we're doing.
    Now, there's a few ways to do that: you could write your own script from scratch, or use the (simple?) excel spreadsheet I created to generate your script quite easily, with minimal knowledge.

III- Download
    Germain's Evony Forum Customizer (v20.) | Example script (Black & White; if you find reading text on here hard, this would be quite handy; icons were not edited, so it won't look that pretty with all these white pixels floating around them)

IV- Usage
    Read the comments (in dark blue). Fill in the green colored cells using hex codes or image URLs.
    Once you're done, click that huge, random, button that has weird text saying "GENERATE SCRIPT" all over it. Enter the save destination (e.g. C:/), edit it to remove all the orange colored lines shown in the spreadsheet, and then open the created file using firefox (Right Click > Open With > Firefox).
    Greasemonkey should prompt you for installation; accept it; enable it; refresh; tweak; test again; tweak till you drop; enjoy.
    You're probably going to get lost with all the not-so-awesomely-explained cells. I'll post a better tutorial when I can (probably tomorrow), but for those who can handle some basic scripting, it should be fine.
    For a step-by-step tutorial, check out post #5.

V- Screens

VI- Notes
    When adding a picture in the "Background IMG/Other" column, it must be in this format: url(http://yourimagehere.extension)
    It probably won't show up any errors if you don't input a path, or if you click "cancel". That doesn't mean it saved the file. It's just me who's too lazy to make a better VBA code. I didn't protect the workbook, so feel free to tweak the code (would be pretty awesome if you could post the improvements here too).
    I will upload some themes whenever I have the time. Suggestions & bug reports are welcome.

VII- Custom Themes
    (Will be updated as more themes are made by me or other users)

VIII- Useful user scripts
    (Thanks for DeSalvionjr for sharing his fav list)
    (Please note that you might have to modify the @include so it matches Evony's forums)
    Last edited by GermainZ; 09-06-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    SOTM #2 - Congratulations to WarSimi!

Create custom forum themes | Germain's Evony Forum Customizer
    Germain's Evony Calculator (GCALC) | 20+ features (v2.7)

Could you possibly post us a screen shot of what the outcome is please? I'm a little confused.

Edit: ty! That's awesome +rep

2nd Edit: I'll rep you later.. apparently I've repped you too much >_<
    Last edited by GeminiCricket; 08-02-2011 at 04:11 AM. Reason: he did it

"Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
    - R. D. Laing

Does this only work with firefox?

It should work fine with Google Chrome & Opera (using Google Chrome Greasemonkey & Opera Greasemonkey).
    For IE & Safari users, you could check this article.

Added some screen of the Black & White theme, as well as an ugly looking theme I quickly made to show the outcome when using images.

Legend-

Explanation-
    (NOTE: THIS UGLY LOOKING, EYE HURTING, ORANGE PINKISH THEME WAS CREATED FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DIFFERENCING THE DIFFERENT SECTIONS. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN ACTUAL THEME, SO PLEASE STOP COMMENTING ON HOW UGLY IT IS. IT DOESN'T SEEK BEAUTY BUT UTILITY.)

Tutorial (Step-by-Step):
    • Use a hex color picker to pick your colors.
    • Input the hex codes, for the background and the text's colors (must be formatted this way: #xxxxxx).
    • Click "Generate Script"
    • Input save path (must exist; macro will not save if directory doesn't exist).
    • Go to that directory
    • Locate the file (should be named "Germain's Evony Forums Theme Maker.user.js")
    • Open it using a text editor (notepad or similar).
    • Delete all the orange colored cells shown in your spreadsheet. If you didn't use the icon replacer at all, then you must delete all lines after the two consecutive "//***********************************".
    • Save the file (Ctrl+S).
    • Open the file with Firefox (or whatever browser that supports greasemonkey).
    • Install the script.
    • Enjoy!
    Last edited by GermainZ; 08-15-2011 at 10:31 AM.

I had to use different colors to be able to tell the difference ^^

It should.

Wow that hurt my eyes for some reason lmfao, thanks though germainz.

The orange/pink-ish version is only there for you to see the different sections... It's not supposed to be an actual theme.

Ah ok, was like uhhh wtf?