Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia II

Default Mafia II

It's mafia.

Lord Sho tells us:

Mafia is a game. It is played in real life, and from that, we have derived an internet-friendly version that is playable here on the forums. That's right, here's the game you all know and hate. Except now the rules have been changed, so you can hate it even more!

The Rules:

Objectives: There are two sides: the Mafia and the civilians. The Civilians win by lynching the Mafia and the Mafia win by killing the Civilians.

Process: This game consists of rounds. Each round lasts two days. There are two parts to a round: the day phase and the night phase. The day phase lasts the entirety of the round in the online version. The night phase is instant and consists of the host declaring who was lynched and who was killed, along with any other events that need mentioning. During the day phase, players vote on who will be lynched that round. There will always be someone chosen for lynching. Ties will be broken by a random number generator. Also, if a player has a special ability that requires them to PM the host in order to use it, they do this during the day phase (seeing as the night phase is instant and all).

PMing: Players are free to PM whoever they want. However, quoting another player's PM is not allowed (unless you are sending it to the host), nor can you ask another player about what the host PMed them (you can ask them what their identity is, but nothing about the PM sent to them). Also, when you are killed in the game, you may no longer PM or post in the thread. The only exception to this is the ghost's ability, which will be described shortly.

Mod-Killing: Any player in violation of the rules will be mod-killed. Also, any player inactive for two rounds in a row will mod-killed.

Players: These players each have a primary role and a secondary role. Both roles are only known to you at the start of the game (except for the Mafia, who know each other's primary roles).

Primary Roles: The game has four primary roles: Civilians (x), Mafia (x (number of people signed up divided by 5 rounded down)), a Seer, and a Doctor.

Civilian: The ordinary person. This primary role brings no special ability or benefit. You simply get to vote.

Mafia: The "evil" person. These players begin the game knowing each other so that they can communicate through PM's. Each round, they agree upon who to target and PM this information to the host. Their target will be killed during that round's night phase (unless somehow saved). PM's should have a primary and a backup target, in case the primary target is lynched.

Addendum: The Mafia may not oust eachother under any circumstances. If an Mafia is found to be doing this, they should be reported to either myself, or the host, and they well be banned from the game, and the following game of Mafia.

Oracle: The "seer." This player may discover the identity of a player every other round. The seer PM's the name of the target player to the host and the host will reveal the information to the seer. The information includes both the primary and secondary roles.

Guardian Angel: The "doctor" (duh). This player may select a person every other round. If the target player is targeted by the Mafia that same round, that player is not killed. The doctor should PM the target's name to the host. It is also asked that you include a backup target in case your primary target is lynched.

Secondary Roles: The game has sixteen secondary roles. These are randomly distributed between each player at the start of the game.

Liar: The person who is voted for by liar on the lynch board looses the liar's vote and 1 more

Gambler (Does not start off unless 20+ people join) - Chooses two players every other round. One player's role is revealed to the other (it's random). The gambler does not get this information. This ability MUST be used when available. This ability is used by PMing the host the names of the two target players.

Priest - May choose a player every other round. If the targeted player is ever targeted by the Mafia, this player knows. This ability is used by PMing the host the name of the target player.

Con Artist - May switch one player's vote every other round. This ability is used by PMing the host the name of the target player.

The 'Witness' - May save one person from being lynched during the game. Your role is revealed when you do this. You can't use this power on yourself. This ability is used by PMing the host the name of the target player. You may include more than one player's name.

Mind Flayer - Negates one player's ability every other turn. This ability is used by PMing the host the name of the target player.

Tradesman - Switches secondary roles with the target player. This ability is used by PMing the host the name of the target player.

Ghost - If killed with this secondary ability, can still vote. You vote by sending me a PM.

Fallen Elf - Randomly reassigns a person's secondary ability. This ability is used by PMing the host the name of the target player. This ability may be used every round.

Immortal - Automatically saved from death once per game.

Vulture - Vote power starts at 0 and increases by a half each time a person dies.

Shielder - Can sacrifice self to save another person from death (Via Mafia kill). Target a player who you want to save. If the target player is picked by the doctor, then the Shielder still dies. If the Shielder is targeted by the doctor, the Shielder and the Mafia Target lives. If you activate this ability, then you cannot turn it off but can change your target.

Virus - Kills self and target player. The target player always dies unless immortal. You still die regardless. This ability is activated by sending a PM to the host.

Inverter- Person's voting power is inverted. (IE, a vulture had 3 voting, but was inverted, then the vulture actually removes 3 votes from his target)

Crusader- Trade secondary roles with a person. Person you traded with gets the "Endow" ability (which is your original one).

Chimera - You get a different secondary ability between {Gambler, Inverter, Priest, Con Artist, Mind Flayer, Crusader, Vigilante} each round. This will be PM'd you by the host. If you get crusader and you use it, you will give Chimera to the other player.

Vigilante- Your vote counts twice.

Remember, secondary roles have nothing to do with primary roles.

Some secondary activated skills notes: This does not apply to primary roles. You may only use one activated skill per round. If you use your activated skill and your skill is changed later during that round into another skill that requires activation, you may not activate that skill until the next round. If your activated skill is changed before you used it, you may use the new one that round. If your activated ability was used in the previous round and you can only use it every other round and your ability is changed, you can use the new ability this round (even if it happens to be the same ability). If you used the priest's ability in a previous round, you still get the information that you would get even if your ability is changed. If you used the armagio's ability and your ability is changed, you still have the "gravity pull" status, because it can not be turned off. By saying "no lynch" you cast a vote for yourself, and it will be treated as two. So is voting for yourself. So vote or die.

IMPORTANT: You MAY NOT talk about this game with people who are dead. In addition taking this game outside the rules is PROHIBITED. This includes activities such as giving people negative reputation for voting for you. Anyone found to do this will be permanently banned from this game as long as it is played.

That should be everything you need to know in order to play the game.

Sign ups are now over. Hope whoever couldn't make it this round can make it to the next!
    Last edited by Revoltion; 08-05-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    Reality scripted TV.
    Chasing fifteen minutes of fame.
    Fight over fuel.
    Violence in school.
    The youth are as confused as I am.

1. TrulySorry- Civvy/Vulture (Dead)
    2. NatetheGr8-Civvy/Chimera(1st round Gambler)(2nd round Vigilante)(Round 3 Conartist)(4th Crusader)(5th Mindflayer)
    3. acer5200-Civvy/Witness
    4. Digger Walters-Mafia/Priest (Dead)
    5. Lucas101-Civvy/Chimera (1st round Vigilante) (Dead)
    6. TheGr8UNKy-Civvy/Con Artist
    7. Jorbaud-Civvy/Virus(Round 3 virus activate on Digger)
    8. Server139Player-Mafia/Liar->Dead
    9. GermainZ-Civvy/Tradesman->Civvy/Mindflayer (Dead)
    10. Devis666-Mafia/Immortal->Crusader->Immortal->Crusader(Dead)
    11. MaxSmith-Civvy/Vigilante (Dead)
    12. Mati2-Civvy/Crusader->Immortal(lost 3rd round)->Dead
    13. Hehe-Doctor/Inverter->Fallen Elf->Ghost->Crusader->Immortal(Lost 4th round)
    14. Skirata-Civvy/Ghost->Civvy/Immortal->Crusader->Ghost
    15. Bree Fletcher-Civvy/Fallen Elf (Dead)
    16. Alusair-Oracle/Shielder->Immortal->Crusader->Immortal
    17. *jdm*-Civvy/Mindflayer->Civvy/Tradesman (Dead)
    Your other members are Devis666 and Server139Player. Please talk with them and assign a spokesperson to tell me who you nightkill each round. In determining who to kill, majority rules (If there are 2 mob, and no person is agreed upon, there will be no nightkill).

Round 1: Bree Mutates Skirata(Now immortal), Nate Gambles Acer and Hehe(Winner Hehe), GermainZ trades with *jdm*(Trades->Mindflayer) Hehe Saves Hehe, Alu seers Skirata
    Round 2: Bree Mutates Hehe(Inverter->Fallen Elf), Hehe mutates Alu (Shielder->Immortal)
    Round 3: Alu seers Gr8unky, jorbaud viruses Digger, Mati switches with Devis(Crusader->Immortal), Devis switches with Alu(Crusader->Immortal), Alu crusaders Ski (Crusader->Immortal), Hehe mutates Hehe(Fallen Elf->Ghost), Hehe uses Doctor on Hehe
    Round 4: Skirata crusaders Hehe (Crusader->Ghost), Hehe uses crusader on Alu (Crusader->Immortal), Alu uses crusader on Devis (Crusader->Immortal)
    Round 5: Alu seers Mati2, Hehe saves Hehe

(Role->Role2) is for the user, not the person who activated it.
    Last edited by Revoltion; 08-13-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    Reality scripted TV.
    Fight over fuel.
    Violence in school.

why am i not on the list

You only posted a question, no confirmation.
    But added.
    Reality scripted TV.
    Fight over fuel.
    Violence in school.

i want to play please.

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Marx
    Last words are for fools who haven't said enough
    I R AWESOME

can i play? please?
    http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/morgana5/Forum%20Sigs/139wip-2.png
    Started playing on 3-23-10, Retired on 4-2-12 - Sig from the purrfect Morgan le Fay
    "I used to have many flaws, now I'm down to two - everything I say & everything I do."

Im playing again aswell (posted in the old thread and realized you made this one)
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=183454

Sign me up if its ok with you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas101 View Post
    Sign me up if its ok with you ...
    It's not okay with me.

Jk bish, you know it's okay with me.
    "I fought with courage to preserve
    Not my way of life, but yours"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG6dsSRcbJA