Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boredom Leads To Murder

Paying homage to RED on top of Mt. Silver

Default Boredom Leads To Murder

Discuss...

When I'm bored I go and kill people in black ops.

I guess boredom can lead to murder however that is kind of a stretch.
    Last edited by jorbaud; 08-08-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jorbaud View Post
    When I'm bored I go and kill people in black ops.

I guess boredom can lead to murder however that is kind of a stretch.
    I was referring to real murder, not virtual murder.

You have three guesses. The first two don't count.

Well I've been so ridiculously bored lately, but I haven't knifed anybody up yet.

Would it be possible for you to elaborate slightly, giving us your point of view on how these two things correlate? Because at the moment I am kind of confused, as there is not much backing information to discuss.
    Do you have a news article or something similar to that you could share also?

^Shenanigans in Inkscape^

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

It's always time for Tim's.

I am incredibly bored at the moment. But I do not have a pathological urge to go out and shoot someone in the face with a shotgun.

Your point, Professor, is moot.

Perhaps it is more a mix of boredom and other issues? With the murders I've heard about, it's usually with people that have had problem with early childhood, or their teen years, or sometimes it's just something in their head that gets to them. It is entirely possible that it is a mix of this, and boredom contributes to this.

Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayr View Post
    Perhaps it is more a mix of boredom and other issues? With the murders I've heard about, it's usually with people that have had problem with early childhood*, or their teen years, or sometimes it's just something in their head that gets to them. It is entirely possible that it is a mix of this, and boredom contributes to this.
    *They do say that, but do you think someone can have such a horrific childhood that this pursues them to harm others. I would imaging that this would want to make them care for others.

Take my point about bordom leading to murder and look at it in light of the regent riots and unrest in England. This is happening because of bordom (and obviously some other reasons). Kids are bored and want some fun.

Cort, chronicling the downfall of Admiral Castas

Quote Originally Posted by Professor X View Post
    I would imaging that this would want to make them care for others.
    You could only argue this if you try to claim that all human psychology is rational, which flies in the face of almost all observation on how people act. It's been documented that children who are abused grow up to become abusive themselves, possibly taking it as far as murder.

But on to the riots in England that you seem to have waned to get to the whole time with this thread. I doubt that, excepting a minority of the rioters, they joined in because they wanted to "have some fun." It seems more like they possess a desire to be involved in something important. They see this happening, believe it to be something big, and want to be involved so that they can feel like they've contributed to a change, whatever that change happens to be.

It's not boredom; it's a desire for power. Not in the megalomaniac sense but just in the sense that they want the belief that they have some control over their own lives and the world around them.

That kind old lady stopped the rain for us.
    She said it would only make us cold, and miserable, and sick.
    We thanked her and hugged her and she walked away smiling warmly.
    I miss the puddles...

Do you mean a couple of bros getting together and boxing/ doing MMA because they are bored? If that's the case, then I can see how someone could have died. Could have gotten too rough. If you mean someone got bored in real life and decided to go kill another person then I think it would have to deal with mental problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeness5577 View Post
    Why do you have to roll DM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    He's a big guy, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
    Wow, forgot how crazy DoubleM was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arathorn136 View Post
    Well I've been so ridiculously bored lately, but I haven't knifed anybody up yet.

There was this woman massmurderer in the States in the 60th that killed a lot of people, due to boredom. Well, that was what she claimed atleast.

Anywho, I don't think anyone would go that far by just being bored. There must be something else to push the person to do such. May it be a game, schizophrenia or just stress, boredom can be either the final push to do so or be the one to create the idea. Since boredom usually lead to ideas and fantasy, some might end up realizing this and, well, kill. Like this terrorist in Norway.
    ProLurker