Page 350 of 350 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350
Results 3,491 to 3,495 of 3495

Thread: King's Knight

The hellhounds realized their breath weapons were not working on Frederick, and instead moved into a position surrounding him to assault him from the flanks. Frederick held the sword, focusing on the location of his enemies, and waited. The first hound charged, and he sidestepped, twirled, and took off its head. Seeking to take advantage of the distraction, a second hound leapt at him, underestimating the speed at which he brought Clarent through the creature's chest. The hounds all charged, and Frederick twirled through them, using Uther's blade knowledge to take them down. Mastering Uther's techniques, he began to use the skills that his son Arthur had imbued into the blade at one point, pressing forward and driving the hounds back.

"Hmph..." said the fire giant king, "I'm bored. I'm going to kill you, now."

He drew forth the flaming blade Laevateinn and said, "Dance for me, everdancing blade." The huge sword flew forth on its own, cutting through a hellhound on its way to intercept Frederick.

"You alright, boss?" said Kain, stepping out of the way of a fire giant before thrusting through the back of one making its way to attack Aurelia.

"Fine," said Frederick, blocking Laevateinn before decapitating the last of the hellhounds. "This is nothing."

"This is FUN," said Arngrim, leaping out of the way of a fire giant's sword before wrenching the massive weapon from the giant's grip, swinging the oversized weapon forcefully through the giant's knee to make it collapse before bringing it down on the creature's head.

"Oooh...." said Lilian. "You know what? I have an elemental affinity for water." She began to stroke her harp, and the scorching hot air rapidly began to cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigilstone17 View Post
    Holeypaladin is a pretty cool guy.
    I like swords.

"I do like how he has three little minions to fight for him, whereas I'm fighting by myself, because everyone else is too dumb or lazy to follow me. Great stuff. Next time, Aurelia, pick your friends wisely..."

"Or wait a second, impatient girl." Haldor's voice whispered in Aurelia's ear, startling her and making her turn around so quickly she cricked her neck. She winced and made an apologetic face to Haldor, who shrugged and attacked a group of hellhounds, his rapier flashing in the reflections of the fires that were burning in the hall. Blood began to run - hellhound blood, and a once white sword now flashed red as Haldor cut through hound after hound, avoiding the hellhounds' attempts to attack him with almost consummate ease. Haldor was an elite master, the highest rank of blademaster attainable, in comparison to Aurelia's standard rank. He stabbed one through it's gnashing mouth, and then in less than a second changed hands from right to left and allowed one to impale itself upon his sword, before withdrawing it and leaping high into the air to avoid two more hounds. Landing behind them, he ducked to avoid another, but as he did so, he raised his sword so that it cut open the hound's underside, opening up the hound's internal organs. The smell of intestines and blood was heavy in the air around Haldor, who finished off the remaining two hounds with ease. He and his sword were stained with hound's blood, but he was perfectly calm as he walked over to attack another group of hounds.

Aurelia, meanwhile, had sighted another giant who she wanted to kill. She decided against any fancy movements like Haldor did, and instead opted for a more direct approach. The giant saw her, and smiled, sensing an easy target. However, any hope of a kill was quickly dashed when Aurelia sent a Maximised Lightning Bolt straight towards him, striking him in the face. The giant roared in pain and staggered back, allowing Aurelia enough time to cast Greater Ruin on the giant. He screamed in terror as his body disintegrated into a heap of dust on the floor. Aurelia smiled in content before facing a group of Hellhounds. The pack charged at her, but casting Web, Aurelia slowed their charge to a measly crawl, allowing her to blast them with a Cone of Cold. She was most definitely beginning to feel the thrill of combat which she had missed for so long.

While Frederick was busy defending against the strikes of a sword with no wielder, several of the giants decided to join in as well. Drawing on the skills of Mordred and Arthur Pendragon, he used Clarent to strike out the legs from under a giant, causing it to fall into the stroke of Laevateinn. He thrust another giant through a vital organ below its abdomen, allowing it to bleed to death while incapacitated.

As he mastered the sword skills imbued within Clarent, the mercenary Arngrim leaped at the everdancing sword, grasping Laevateinn by the hilt with two hands. The sword attempted to dance out of his grip.

"No you don't," growled the Einherjar, "You're MINE now!"

He gripped the huge sword with two hands and swung forcefully at a giant, cutting both legs out from under it in a single stroke.

Kain, meanwhile, kept the giants off of Lilian while the air rapidly cooled. Flecks of ice began to form on the giants, solidifying into blocks which began to slow them down and immobilize them, making them easy for the Spear of Destiny to take them out.

Suddenly, a large lightning bolt struck the center of the battlefield, with waves rippling out to strike nearby hellhounds and giants. The form of a hooded wizard appeared with a thunderclap.

"That's one way to make an entrance," muttered Frederick. "Who are you?"

"I've come because I sensed the presence of Mordred Pendragon," spoke the wizard, "But I see now it was just his sword."

"This old thing?" shrugged Frederick, dismissing Clarent and drawing forth Arondight. "I was just playing with it a little. Now I've got a new toy."

"I see..." said the man, a humanoid appearing in his thirties. "My name is Merlin. I suppose I can help you with this lot."

"Merlin? I expected you to be... older. No matter," shrugged Frederick. "Let's finish this."
    I like swords.

Aurelia, despite the fact her blood was up, was beginning to grow bored of these giants. They were far too weak to cold magic - such a vulnerability should have proven fatal during evolution, but no matter - she would rectify nature's mistakes... Her mind began to wander as she laid low another giant, frozen to death by Aurelia's magic. In the corner of her eye, Haldor was slashing at hellhounds, his sword now red with running blood - she hoped none of it was his own.

"Hey, Fred! Do your thing and kill this son of a dog before we all die of boredom..." Her voice lowered to a whisper as she continued, "I need to learn some better magic. There must be some in the libraries of the palace..."

Following Aurelia's words, Frederick charged with Arondight. Surt reached out to grab Laevateinn... only to find nothing. Drawing on the skills of Lancelot, Frederick took a swing at Surt's left leg, causing him to fall to a knee.

A powerful blast of frost from Merlin slowed the giant long enough for Kain to fall on top of the giant, burrowing the Longinus Lance into the giant's shoulder in a shot which barely missed the head. Arngrim then swung the heavy sword Laevateinn with all his might, and though the giant was immune to the burning flames, he was not immune to the sharp edge of the sword, which severed his good leg and caused him to fall.

Lilian then summoned a tide of icy water to wash over the dragon, rapidly turning to steam as it slowed and distracted him long enough for Frederick to deliver a heavy decapitating strike with Arondight, mastering the skills of Lancelot in the process.

As the giant fell with a thud, the volcano began to shake and tremble, causing giants and people alike to fall to the ground, though it was more a problem for the giants who had much greater difficulty standing up. Freya appeared through a portal and said, "Get through, quickly! With the death of its king, Muspelheim will consume itself in liquid fire!"

"Huh... so in other words, the volcano is erupting," said Frederick. "Everyone, head through the portal."
    I like swords.