Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defeating a bot

Default Defeating a bot

I've found a nice city I want to take. Problem. He bots. Now I'm pretty sure I can't get in trouble this time, since I'm not accusing a particular person of botting, I simply want to know what is the best way to beat them.

The scout report is here.

battlew26.evony.com/default.html?logfile/20110814/81/79/81792c2b1ca3b6e9a43e6698e635c42b.xml

It seems the bot automatically opens gates for attacks, and also automatically comforts whenever below 50 loyalty.

Is there a certain way I should be doing if I want to take him out? The way I see it, I simply need to take out his resources, so he can no longer comfort.
    The last time I attacked him, it didn't open his gates, but all the times after that it has, each and every time. And nobody say maybe he's on 24/7. Last attack I sent, an archer rainbow didn't even take 10%.

So what exactly should I be sending? I don't exactly have enough mechs to do much.

Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

I'm not quite sure why you think this is a bot... Either way, a 30k arch RB followed by 2 or 3 trade fires will clean out the city just fine..

The carts in that city can really hide some serious res as far as comforting goes though... ...Soo, kill those too if ya can.

^^Look Ma, Voulkos' first siggy done outside of MS Paint!!

Well, I've got many reasons for saying hes a bot, but I'm not gonna say them here, or this thread will just be locked. Take my word on it. A 90k RB didn't even wipe 10%.

Yep. SAME exact bot on age 2. Comforts and open's gates whenever the bot feels like it can win, and closes everytime it will loose. I hate it
    mezbeez
    making a return to sever near you

I still don't understand how archer RB didn't wipe even 10%.....

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayr View Post
    Well, I've got many reasons for saying hes a bot, but I'm not gonna say them here, or this thread will just be locked. Take my word on it. A 90k RB didn't even wipe 10%.
    In the arch D set up that he's running, he'd need a fairly large hero to 1-shot a 90k arch RB, so attacking archers would have at least an extra round+ to lay into the defense while a tiny defending hero is present. With a larger defending hero, it's perfectly reasonable for you to not get a 10% proportion...

In any case, if you want to kill it, clear the meat and xfire the arch.. Either that or if you really really suspect it's a bot, mini mech waves could be helpful to test how he has his bot set-up.. From there, if you get lucky, you could scare the bot into keeping gates closed while your trannies do their dirty work.. Again, it's all speculative.. A bot is just like the person is sitting there at the computer the whole time, it's just not as creative. To beat a bot, pretty much means poking and prodding with attacks until you find flaws in the operator's configurations.

Also, it might be worth stealing his valleys, non-stop, whenever possible. This extra strain on his archer numbers in the long-term could give a small advantage. (I say this not knowing what your troop counts look like and not knowing much about your server)

^^Look Ma, Voulkos' first siggy done outside of MS Paint!!

Considering he's only got 100k archers, it'd have to a pretty good hero. That and it was my top hero I sent too.

When I attack a city that I want and suspect that it is a bot, I take out all of resources, search all valleys that could hide resources, and take the valleys. It is possible to beat a bot, it just takes time.

As said, focus on resources. Do alot of your attacks including transporters so you either win, or hit closed gates and plunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    When you attack a bot, your ability to time your waves is the most crucial step. The first thing you should do is rummage through old boxes until you find a stop watch.

The report won't load for me, but if you're not getting a 10% kill from a arch bow, he probably doesn't have a lot of fodder (or he has so much fodder, you're going to have to send a mech). Look at hero exp. gained for a better idea of what you killed in your hit. If it's really low, I'd send a half-arch wave (50k) followed 1s on with 99k arch/1k. You're going to have to get your timing perfect if it's a bot, which applies to the rest of your attack sequence.
    As a matter of fact, he had incredibly little fodder. I managed to pick up a defense report from the other side.

http://battlew26.evony.com/default.h...0d1d494621.xml