Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1v1 Original Writing Battle Royale [Info]

Default 1v1 Original Writing Battle Royale [Info]

la la la allah lee
    I've been trying to take over Somalia
    And I'm sure Bree hasn't written anything either

Bree Fletcher VERSUS rasterbee

sometime soon you don't care anyways

After very little discussion with others, I have decided to reboot Bole's Orginal Writing of the Week contest, but with a twist. Some of us very much enjoyed the idea and our participation in the event it unfortunately did not catch on. This is in no way a slight toward Bole or the effort he put in maintaining the concept. This is the info thread and not for storytelling or voting or women kissing. It's one person versus one person writing each a story for you. You will vote on both stories and/or submit the synopsis.

The idea is simple, you suggest the topic or theme. It will be voted on in an open poll in OT. Final battle voting is on 1-10 scale. You vote on both stories. Submit your ideas in this thread. You can suggest pretty much anything. Time frame whatever I don't care.

Without thinking vomit the first or last or best or worst idea that comes to mind. It really doesn't matter what about or how bad you think it is or how short you make it. Whoever else does the same will also and one of those polls where you click and do stuff like Winning idea is the focus of the competition and the only subject of the stories written you judge. So as to not clutter up this section of the forum with crap nobody cares about the voting will be in OT. Everything should be clear if you are not stupid and I am tired of this and want watch women in bath tubs kiss. But to repeat first vote is a poll on ideas second vote you rate both stories from 1-10 and the numbers like add and divide.

You suggest. You vote. They write. You vote again and in a different but easy to understand way and one of the two people wins.
    Last edited by rasterbee; 10-01-2011 at 03:39 PM.

1: I kind of like this idea.
    2: You know exactly how to get people to read this thread.
    3: I will wait and see what people can come up with before posting any ideas for stories.
    http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/morgana5/Forum%20Sigs/jannge.png
    Sig made by Morgana
    Never forget those who died in WW2
    Quote Originally Posted by Holeypaladin View Post
    That's just funny.

Jannge is awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-DwjX-0E_8

LALALLAL ALLLALAL LALALALLA

SUBMISSIONS FOR THIS ROUND HAVE ENDED

SUBMISSIONS FOR THIS FIRST AND FINAL ROUND PROBABLY
    You will vote on some of these probably all'em if this is it but like I don't know just read them all

SUBMISSIONS FOR THIS ROUND HAVE ENDED

Quote Originally Posted by jannge View Post
    3rd person story about a man being charged guilty for a crime he didn't commit and is put in jail for many years, and you get to see (read) parts of his life in jail until the day they find out that they charged him wrong. He is single father that took care of his 3 year old daughter before being out in jail. The timeline would be during the late 70's in the us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallbreeze View Post
    1st person reaction to being dumped on Valentine's Day by your somehow hot zombie girlfriend after pulling out all the stops, including picking up a ring to propose.

The next one is...almost too long. It's cool and all, but this might be a tad too much.

Quote Originally Posted by GermainZ View Post
    Theme: Zombie Invasion
    Year: 1950 (including no anachronisms is an added challenge)
    PoV: 1st Person.
    Characters: Norris Coen, police officer.

Scenario: A zombie invasion has just started. It began in the Newtor facility, south of New Lulz. While nobody knows how exactly it happened, it's pretty certain that the LUS (Lulz United States) government was trying to conceive an immortal army, to guarantee their safety and become the first military force in the world. As the character progresses, he can either flee the invasion, choose to fight back, or investigate the incident. He can also try and do more than one action (e.g. Fighting back and investigating). The zombie invasion can't be stopped, not totally, but you may secure part of your city. Helper characters may include scientists, friends, ex-military, and so on. Zombies can infect others by contacting them for prolonged and consecutive amounts of time. They're not dumb: a newly infected person will maintain its intelligence, which will then slowly degrade. It can take up to two weeks for a person to reach a low intellectual level (which still isn't that low). Also note that zombies don't exactly want brains; call them undead if you prefer; the thing is, their vices take control of them in their undead state, and all the good they could have contained disappears. So they might be undead, but they'll still perform human vices: killing, raping, causing harm, desire to reach power, etc...

Ending: You must secure a region and find the truth behind the invasion. The order does not matter. You may choose to flee and come back with another country's support, or investigate without being in the plagued city. Possibilities are endless, as long as both objectives are fulfilled by the end of the writing (securing an area, and successfully investigating the incident)
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyMariana View Post
    3rd person narrative relating the adventures of a squire who is kidnapped and forced to work for pirates, ending with either his escape, death, capture, or rescue (whichever you like; thought I'd give you guys creative license there). Takes place during medieval times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Kitti View Post
    Theme: Survival
    Year: Present Time
    PoV: 1st Person
    Characters: Kailey, Huntress/Avid Outdoorswoman

Scenario: Kailey is travelling up a rarely traveled mountain logging road, her 1st hunting trip of the season. Her meat of choice: Bear. She is equipped well, but only the bare minimum (rifle {long range/high caliber, w/ scope}, pistol {short range/high caliber} assortment of freshly sharpened knives, dried meats from previous hunting season {sealed airtight to prevent enticing scents to her prey}, canteen {potent substance w/in}, hatchet, pack w/ material for shelter/bedding/dry clothes).

Her 1979 CJ5 Jeep suddenly hits a deep rut & careens down an 80ft cliff, resting dangerously upon an old sturdy evergreen. Only slightly injured and disoriented, she survives. Her keen hunting skills makes her aware of movement below her. Trolls. Hundreds of them. They eventually overtake her. She plays into 'submitting' to their wiley ways, all the while scheming her escape.

Ending: Leaving this up to you, I'm a sucka for surprises...Does she ever get what she originally set out to kill??

A story about being conquered by aliens. Yet contrary to popular culture, the aliens aren't bug-eyed monsters and slowly some people begin to question whether it's truly worth it to try and overthrow their rule...
    Last edited by rasterbee; 09-02-2011 at 01:39 AM.

Inside my own little corner, on the crossway of sanity and chaos.

Well, there's only maybe two or three of us that would perk people up, when it comes to rep, but if I'm not participating in a round, I'd be happy to rep.

Special Props To Don Ezio for this!

In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by rasterbee View Post
    Erotica is not recommended.

I'd suggest a Zombie invasion.
    SOTM #2 - Congratulations to WarSimi!

Create custom forum themes | Germain's Evony Forum Customizer
    Germain's Evony Calculator (GCALC) | 20+ features (v2.7)

Well, there's only maybe two or three of us that would perk people up
    What do you mean by that?

I'm not participating in a round
    Everyone can participate by suggesting topics for Bree and I to battle over. If you would like to participate in future 1v1 battles, please PM me and let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by GermainZ View Post
    I'm in
    You're not "in" anything. You just made an unnecessary and pointless comment. Make a suggestion for Bree and I to battle over if you want to participate in this round. Don't just make dumb comments about nothing.

EDIT: Oh, you ninja edited your post. Please reread my description of what kind of submissions we are looking for. "Zombie invasion" is not specific enough. Where is it? When? Did it just start? If not, how long has it been going on? What kind of characters? What point of view? Be freakin' specific. The point is to give the two combatants very little to differ over besides their writing style and skill.
    Last edited by rasterbee; 08-31-2011 at 12:00 PM.

You're not "in" anything. You just made an unnecessary and pointless comment. Make a suggestion for Bree and I to battle over if you want to participate in this round. Don't just make dumb comments about nothing.
    I thought that's what I did

EDIT: Yes sir. I'm gonna try and offer you a complete scenario.
    Last edited by GermainZ; 08-31-2011 at 12:02 PM.
    SOTM #2 - Congratulations to WarSimi!

Create custom forum themes | Germain's Evony Forum Customizer
    Germain's Evony Calculator (GCALC) | 20+ features (v2.7)

Don't be a little self-conscious wuss, jannge. Go think of a submission and submit.
    Hm, how about a 3rd person story about a man being charged guilty for a crime he didn't commit and is put in jail for many years, and you get to see (read) parts of his life in jail until the day they find out that they charged him wrong. To make it even more interesting, he could be a single father that took care of his 3 year old daughter before being out in jail. The timeline would be during the late 70's in the US.
    http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/morgana5/Forum%20Sigs/jannge.png
    Sig made by Morgana
    Never forget those who died in WW2
    That's just funny.

Jannge is awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-DwjX-0E_8

Inside my own little corner, on the crossway of sanity and chaos.

1st person reaction to being dumped on Valentine's Day by your somehow hot zombie girlfriend after pulling out all the stops, including picking up a ring to propose.
    Last edited by Fallbreeze; 08-31-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Special Props To Don Ezio for this!

In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.

Cort, chronicling the downfall of Admiral Castas

Okay, I'm pretty sure there's text in that first post somewhere, but for some reason my eyes don't want to go to it. I think my name was mentioned, however.

Hrm... it isn't important, is it?

But really, I'll do it so long as I'm given at least a week to work on it. SO busy. :/

That kind old lady stopped the rain for us.
    She said it would only make us cold, and miserable, and sick.
    We thanked her and hugged her and she walked away smiling warmly.
    I miss the puddles...