Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SuperServer/Tournament Server Idea

Default SuperServer/Tournament Server Idea

Hey, I been thinking about it.. what about a Tournament Server.. .. where people can opt-in to copy their best account from 1 server into a special Tournament server that would only last say 1 month to final talley and title given.. Not perminent move their account just copy so that for next tournament they can still be building on their account in the regular server... and maby no cents bought on it just take what you have and go compete on the server to see who acrost all servers is strongest/best players.. they can prep by buying strats and stuff first.. give like a week signup .. only Reg Cities and troops would be moved over.. Historical Heroes/Cities would be turned to regulars and advanced port given for each city.. and maby all the 14's and 16's have to be taken befor the 18 can .. so they cant just port all their army there and take the 18 on the 1st day.. maby clear prestige too since that can be farmed and isnt really a good stat to use for placement.. and anyone who drops to 1 city is removed from server.. my sister says you might not want to because of my no pay idea for the server cuz it would be short lived server and reset after the tournament but i say you would still get money cuz of people buying stuff in preparation for the tournament.. anyways i think it would be cool to see how i fair against accounts from acrost all servers like that also maby combine age1 and age2 into the same server but change and equalize the gearing to match and be equil with both ages (im sure that would make age2 gear better than it was but then age2 would then be equil with age1 in strength yet still have the cap)

I think this is a very nice idea, doesn't even have to be what you said, but anything similar would, I think, turn Evony into more of an experience and fun (for lack of a better word) game instead of just a simple empire computer game. It would definitely step it up a level. Of course this is just my opinion.
    http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/9448/musena35.jpg

this is a very good idea ... ive heard a similar thing mentioned by my friend from age1 and2 ... he suggests an in-server tournament in which you can challenge a player to a battle showdown sorta thing in stats it would show the number of challenges declined accepted won and loss ... this cross server tournament idea is great i dont like the idea of having it for age2 and hc's but having the simple tournament server idea would work nicely
    Stal/Nerds
    Age1 - s152 - Rebellion/TAKEDOWN (retired)
    Age2 - CA4 - CandySto/187, 21, ReU/666/666_324 (Found Partner) (dormant)
    CoE - ClosedBeta1 - TAKEDOWN (left/got bored)
    Discipline Honor Determination

My House. On Earth. In The Universe. See you when you get here. Bye.

My only issue with it is you talking about combining Age2 and 1 gears etc for this.

No.

And there aren't even gears in Age1... Make two seperate ones if they do it at all.

Otherwise, I love it
    S148- DeadKnight, SCORPION
    Pres- 614k right now but growing to fast for me to keep track of. Not that it matters anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost101 View Post
    Needs more cowbell
    <17:40>[MaximusI]: ELITES is recruiting, I could tell you we're going to rule Evony but that would be a lie chances are we get our cans kicked but well have fun doing it

Quote Originally Posted by DeadKnightS2 View Post
    My only issue with it is you talking about combining Age2 and 1 gears etc for this.

No.

And there aren't even gears in Age1... Make two seperate ones if they do it at all.

Otherwise, I love it
    Right.. but they(evony programmers) know the exact numbers that are used to calculate how a battle is fought based on the stats of the heroes.. so if you take the absolute highest hero attributes from all of age1 participants and u scale the lvl10 gear + 15 star set to be at that age1 highest ..then it doesnt matter if you came from age1 or age2.. you will be scaled to be equil ..just the inclussion of HC's and availablility of HH will be a bit different for age1 players ..but they could also in that week signup .. take vote for the features they want to include.. colonize .. no colonize.. maybe even smaller or larger alliances.. u know change it a little to make it more competitive.. its a tournament after all.. it cant be the same-o same-o .. maybe the first few can be seperate (for programming ease) and see how it goes and vote durring signup for the tournament how many would like to see age1 & age2 in the same tournament.. i would like them to work on a way to get both age1 and age2 in the same ring and duke it out maybe not right away like i said .. would be a little more effort and change.. and they would need to see how things go after all it would be something new..

I like this idea, although I agree that age I and II would need to be seperated. Maybe have certain servers could only use what you have from servers that are a certain age. Otherwise, you could have a guy that's played on a server 1 year old who wants to join in, and one that's 2 years old. Obviously, the one from the two year server would have a massive advantage.

Also - Jaster, just a suggestion, but when you're gonna type quite a bit, putting it into paragraphs makes it a little easier to read.

Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

so you dont think scaling age2 gear based on the max possible attack (gear10 star15) to equil what ever the top additional attributes for age1 would work? to be able to get both groups into the same server for a tournament

well even in age2 you have 2 different group .. ones with an attack button on regular cities.. and ones that can only colonize (unless attacking a historical city) a tournament server to include people from different servers would be a slight change for someone somewhere.. they could run the tournament server differently each new tournament (colonize ,no colonize,hh's, no hh's, hc's ,no hc's, ect...).. if the people didn't like the config of the tournament server this time they could skip it and just continue preparing for the next tournament

If it was going to be a permenant move of an account..then yes.. i think it would be a valid concern, but as i am suggesting that the tournament server be played with a copy the best server the player has.. then a little manipulation of the way things are to try to bring everyone into the same server for the fun/challenge i think would be ok as long as your not severely crippling people which is why i say scale gear up to match that of the best age1 attributes, lets say the best age1 hero has additional 2000 points.. so you scale age2 player gear so that the max gear+star would add and additional 2000 points...it would give all of age2 a strength boost even if they didn't have the 15 star set.

Maybe it will work, maybe it wont work.. but even separate tournament servers one for age1 and one for age2 is better than not having a tournament server i think

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayr View Post
    Also - Jaster, just a suggestion, but when you're gonna type quite a bit, putting it into paragraphs makes it a little easier to read.
    sorry.. i dont intend to write alot but then end up writing a bunch, and normally am in a hurry .. speaking of which ..gtg to work laterz

Age 1 and Age 2 shouldn't be combined because even the battle mechanics differ, and you can't force an Age 1 player who dislikes Age 2 to play with Age 2 specific elements.
    SOTM #2 - Congratulations to WarSimi!

Create custom forum themes | Germain's Evony Forum Customizer
    Germain's Evony Calculator (GCALC) | 20+ features (v2.7)

But you wouldnt be forcing anyone.. the tournament server would be Opt-in .. you would have to sign up to get in on it.. .. and im sure they could work the numbers to bring the battle mechanics to somewhere in the middle.. each server has slightly different calculations anyway even if both servers are same age (1 or 2).. so combining servers (merger) makes game play change for people who dont want it.. it may be slight im sure but the changes are there..
    that does lead me to the FB issue if age 1 and 2 could be brought to the same tournament server and my view would be FB not allowed as age1 is not prepaired (linked & friends & usto clickings them for buffs) ...
    but then again i may be the only one who wishes to see age1 and 2 be able to be on the same tournament server.. thats not a requirement though for my idea of a tournament server.. though i would love it if they managed to work it in as one of the configurable setups for the tournament server.. after all it would only be like 1 month and its all Opt-in copies of peoples best accounts so no harm no foul getting anything mixed up between the ages.. it would be just for fun and you could continue getting your account better on the regular server still...
    i know.. its long and all pretty much in one block :doh: but eh sorry, and i gtg back to work
    I like getting feedback on the idea and talking about the different issues of the idea..
    thanks to all that have and will reply to the idea of tournament server(s)

Wrong choice of words from my part.
    You wouldn't be forcing them not to enter, but in a way, forcing them not to enter.
    SOTM #2 - Congratulations to WarSimi!

Create custom forum themes | Germain's Evony Forum Customizer
    Germain's Evony Calculator (GCALC) | 20+ features (v2.7)