Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Protect Your Evony Account

First b4 u change anything be paranoid run your anti virus scan and malware programs..
    Then change your passy.
    remember most acct theft are from people who know you and may have left or have a problem with you. and they "hack" the act to get even.Or may even pass the info around.
    My passy is changed weekly after all scans are complete and clean.
    one thing i havent seen addressed is to make sure your secondary email hasn't been compromised. always double check it.
    Last edited by Mkatherine; 01-02-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Security for your accts.
    With the recent problems with account threfts, here is some info that is helpful.
    1)Run your antivirus/anti-malware program first ( make sure it is up to date)Make sure it is from your personal computer and not a public one ie friend libraries internet cafe site.
    2) Do not give info to anyone u simply do not trust 2/3rds acct hijacked are by people you once knew .They either know your passy and or can guess the ones you use.
    3) Change your passy at least once a month use a combination of letters ( lower and upper case),numbers and possibly characters.. it is harder for them to figure out a random passy . Longer is usually better
    4) Set up your security code. it will keep them from npcing cities,deleting troops and deleting heros.
    5) Do your security questions as well.
    6) If you are using an account you have received from player ..Keep in touch with the first owner. This way you can at least retrieve the info as soon as possible
    7) One of the most important things to look at is your secondary email.. Check it and make sure it is set to a secondary email you have control of.
    8) Be paranoid If in doubt change you password, recheck your secuirty code and check the secondary email!!
    9) Do not answer random whispers about personal real life information ie: name of mom dad pets etc just block or ignore.And then start at step one ad redo info.
    10) If you do not know how to do this ask someone.We all will take time to help you secure your acct .

This is what I posted to my members in skype .
    Account theft just doesn't affect the player it affects us a whole team . We recently had an account theft of a hitter in our alliance.She had just changed her passy and didn't check the secondary email ..as of yet evony ( as usual) hasn't done anything, even though skype convo with thief was screenshot and received by evony..

So my best piece of advice is to secure your account. I cant help once the account is stolen and it seems evony cannot or will not help.
    Last edited by Mkatherine; 01-02-2012 at 02:28 PM.

i actually think its more along the lines of ppl giving out the info to other ppl incase they get attacked and the other ppl taking the account and saying it wasnt them lol, i will never give my info to any 1, we all know 95% of ppl share info in this game plus we all know that 90% of ppl are botting but nothing is ever done about it, plus we all know that 95% of ppl multi account cus they are crap players and cant play with 1 account, evony states none of this is allowed but they allow it? why is that? they realy could stop most of this but are to cheap and greedy to do so
    Last edited by Dougy; 01-02-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Example of Virtual Keyboard:

Any tablet/phone with a similar keyboard would count as a Virtual Keyboard.

@Moderators, look at the below post.
    Last edited by eric0095; 01-02-2012 at 03:49 PM.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

@Mods, The double post is because I linked people to that^ post in the OP. I didn't want to mix it in with this post because I didn't want to confuse readers. Please don't merge/delete these 2 posts. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkatherine View Post
    <Some helpful stuffs>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkatherine View Post
    <More helpful stuffs>
    A lot of the things you mentioned are already in the guide. But i'll be sure to add those that aren't. Thanks for adding to the guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    i actually think its more along the lines of ppl giving out the info to other ppl incase they get attacked and the other ppl taking the account and saying it wasnt them lol, i will never give my info to any 1
    Yup, and it's the easiest way to compromise your account.
    Last edited by eric0095; 01-02-2012 at 03:50 PM.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

good guide Eric..i would also make sure one would have a secondary email set up for the account with a totally different password just in case the password did change you could send the new password to the secondary email on the evony account.

Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post
    @Mods, The double post is because I linked people to that^ post in the OP. I didn't want to mix it in with this post because I didn't want to confuse readers. Please don't merge/delete these 2 posts. Thanks.

A lot of the things you mentioned are already in the guide. But i'll be sure to add those that aren't. Thanks for adding to the guide

Yup, and it's the easiest way to compromise your account.
    Lol sorry had just posted that in our skype rooms when acer showed me yours. Seriously though people need to remember they are the first line of defense against account thefts and hacking. I was shocked and dismayed a lot of my own players in my alliance didn't know about security codes and how to keep yourself secured

Very nice i've seen alot of people get hacked i will refer them to this guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination
    0 0 0 0
    waiting for it to be ready woot (the 14)

Hey I cant post new threads and I have questions so I post this reply here. The first is how can I post new threads. The other is regarding FB account. I want to change the Fb account that is associated to my evony account but I found it impossible. There's not an option to change mail or FB account associated to your game account? Regards
    Music is the wine which inspires one to new generative processes, and I am Bacchus who presses out this glorious wine for mankind and makes them spiritually drunken.
    ~Ludwig van Beethoven
    http://bbs.evony.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=698123&dateline=13261  72686

Great Guide! I'm going to add it to the The Evony Forum Guide ++Rep :Princess: