Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Server with Active Accounts Only

Default New Server with Active Accounts Only

Just a thought....instead of the next merge....I know there are problems with this idea, but think it's worth discussion...

What if, instead of another merge that brings with it multiple dead accounts and alts, Evony opens a server where players apply to have their current account added. Applications would have to be made to Evony via the registered email address used to login.

I understand the drawback for people who no longer have access to their primary email address for whatever reason, but those people should then have applied for a secondary registered address, from which they could apply for this server.

This wouldn't have any affect on botting. It also wouldn't eliminate multi-accounting... what it WOULD do, is ensure that only live accounts are moved. If this new server was limited to no new accounts being created, at least at first if not permanently, then players could really have a chance at a clean map.

~
    I don't believe in thinking before I speak
    I prefer to be just as surprised as everyone else by what I say

Quote Originally Posted by Khalee View Post
    Just a thought....instead of the next merge....I know there are problems with this idea, but think it's worth discussion...

What if, instead of another merge that brings with it multiple dead accounts and alts, Evony opens a server where players apply to have their current account added. Applications would have to be made to Evony via the registered email address used to login.

I understand the drawback for people who no longer have access to their primary email address for whatever reason, but those people should then have applied for a secondary registered address, from which they could apply for this server.

This wouldn't have any affect on botting. It also wouldn't eliminate multi-accounting... what it WOULD do, is ensure that only live accounts are moved. If this new server was limited to no new accounts being created, at least at first if not permanently, then players could really have a chance at a clean map.

~

when two servers are merged, there are more accounts on the server then ever before, (save maybe on day 1). if no inactive accounts are transferred, then there will be more space. however, i think part of the idea of a merge is that the server gets very competitive again, because of the limited space. so, not a bad idea, but not sure it goes along with the whole point of a merge.

just saying

Quote Originally Posted by estrickland89 View Post
    you make me wish the red rep system was still in place
    Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    I wish that everyday because of Emma6.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurley View Post
    acer made me change my avatar f acer

My opinion, granted, but I believe that the point of a merge is to keep servers active and competitive. I agree that the active-only accounts from 2 servers may not fill an entire new super server, so why not 3? or 4?

The point is that whatever the new server became, it would only be filled with active accounts (hopefully limiting multi-accounting, since people using large numbers of accounts not belonging to them would have to go without, or be creative).

Additionally, closing this server to new accounts (at least initially) would eliminate the flat-fillers that crop up to fill up a new super server.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma6 View Post
    when two servers are merged, there are more accounts on the server then ever before, (save maybe on day 1).
    Really? Wow, I never would have guessed this...

"I fought with courage to preserve
    Not my way of life, but yours"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG6dsSRcbJA

If the map wasn't as large, or as Khalee says, more than two servers are merged, I don't see what's wrong with it, sounds like a good idea to me, more active players, more competition = more money for Evony too....

Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

Excellent Idea Khalee, Thank you

I think it would fail new servers because some big players farm inactive to build the ress up because some can't go to lev 5 npc farming strait away. There should be a ten day off line boot thing or some thing (not including holiday mode)

its been suggested alot before, and ignored alot, but it seems to be a very probable soloution to the inactive problem. the only problem i can see is that people would not be able to hide in forests of inactives anymore, hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8UNKy View Post
    Really? Wow, I never would have guessed this...

dum dum, i needed to say that as an introductory so the rest would make sense. jeez

Quote Originally Posted by estrickland89 View Post
    you make me wish the red rep system was still in place
    Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    I wish that everyday because of Emma6.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurley View Post
    acer made me change my avatar f acer

Quote Originally Posted by :VADER: View Post
    I think it would fail new servers because some big players farm inactive to build the ress up because some can't go to lev 5 npc farming strait away. There should be a ten day off line boot thing or some thing (not including holiday mode)
    I'm sorry but I can't believe that anyone on a server that's ready to be merged, wouldn't be able to farm a L5 NPC. For that matter, they should all be able to farm L10 NPC's.

This suggestion is not about new servers. It's about an optional change to the way that servers are merged. At the moment, all accounts from all relevant servers are moved. The suggestion is that in order to have your account moved to the new super server, you must email Evony from your login email (or secondary email) address, thus proving that you are the owner of said account.

The idea would drastically reduce the number of alts that people had, especially if the new super server were closed to new applications (at least for a period of time). Evony could review all the accounts that suddenly applied for secondary email addresses, and compare for validity or "bogus-ness".

There is an issue of those in holiday not knowing that the server will be merged, and I volunteer the admission that this would be something that needed to be worked around, but this option would give Evony the chance to implement so many of the other suggestions that have been put forward also, such as holding the non-responsive accounts in suspension (against their possible return), but without having to actually place them within a server.

Bottom line, I believe that this is an idea that would provide the super server that so many people are crying out for, where we don't have a map cluttered with bogus dead cities, and potentially have a reduction in lag due to reduced number of alts being carried over. OMG, botters might even have to risk botting on their main account!!!!