Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Evony World of Tanks Players

I play/share account with brother

StalkerOfAsuka

I am tier 4and5

By Morgan Le Fay

Nice tiers 4 and 5 are good fun tiers

Seems like im the olny one here who is tier 6+ lol,(apart from wallet warrior tanks, Im a walleter too :P) surely someones gotta have a tier 10, i see so many of em

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherhoodUK View Post
    Tank List:

VK 3601 (H) - Not a bad tank, although from time to time the short 88 hates me. So, being a funny person, I use the 75mm Konisch gun. Which damages like there's no tomorrow. Granted, it can't stop anything, but I'd rather have 4 shots on a Lowe doing 4%, than dinging most times an very occasionally getting a penetration with the short 88. God, that gun is ****e. Grinding Tiger.
    get used to that short 88, if your grinding for Tiger1 or Tiger Porshe your stuck with it till you grind 16k exp on tiger P or about 30k exp on tiger 1.

WORD OF WARNING: Tiger 1 is like a glass tank, you will lose tracks every game, Engine most games, gun regularly, and at least 1 crewman a game, Frontal armour (100 mm) sucks, and everything pokes holes in you.]

Tiger Porshe tho is a differant story, 200 mm frontal armour makes it a pain to penitrate front on in its tier, BUT you make no money in it till the long flak 88, which is med damage, but HIGH penintration (olny betterd by the panthers super long 75 mm gun, thing has like 200mm penitration)

VK 3001 (P) - Bad. Just bad.
    i acctually enjoyed the Vk3001 P, its fast for its tier, and that 88 is pretty decent in tier 6, but under damaged VS heavyer tanks

Hetzer - I love this tank. Not too fast, but it is great fun in low-tier matches with the 105mm howitzer. As it says in my siggy, Hetzer's gonna Hetz...
    Hetzers are Ok, but i found the constant hiding of TDs to get boring myself. But i play a rusher, Or a moving wall of steel lol

KV-5 - Gun is bad, armour's poor, speed pretty awful... Only 30 more HP than the Lowe, and if the Lowe's hull-down, you are screwed. Good against T59's though.
    KV-5 , you pretty much summed up my thoughts, The small turret at the front makes the 160 mm armour butter, and while the real KV-5 was designed to have the 122 mm gun (same as the IS) Wargaming.net decided a 107 mm gun would be better :/ thing is like a tier 5 gun on a tier 8 tank. i owned one for a while, but ended up selling it cause it made no money and was plain boring to play.

Lowe - I <3 my Lowe. Nuff said.
    Now that is a fun tank to play, 105 mm gun, well sloped frontal armour, The signature Wallet warrior mobile till the T59 came out, a brute to fight and a beast to drive can fight well above its tier and gun has great penitration and Good damage. Weakness are low when hulled down, But sides are almost unsloped (the one thing germans never changed flat sides....) but Rear armour is decently sloped to stop low tier meds from flanking.

Sorry for the wall of text lol
    Last edited by ssfgrgawer; 12-02-2011 at 01:42 AM.

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

XD my Dad plays i think i know he has a nine

MY family are gamers

By Morgan Le Fay

wow grats to your dad, tier 9s are a loooooooong grind.
    im olny 20k exp into my tier 9 grind a measly 150 k exp to go..... lol

EDIT: Btw my WoT in game name is Gunslinger01 should anyone wish to add me
    Last edited by ssfgrgawer; 12-02-2011 at 01:50 AM.

XD

I have 3 friends rank 10 and they are members so we paly in group but i get my ass kicked XD

By Morgan Le Fay

ss, my name there is SunFlash feel free to add me

Quote Originally Posted by estrickland89 View Post
    you make me wish the red rep system was still in place
    Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    I wish that everyday because of Emma6.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurley View Post
    acer made me change my avatar f acer

On the test, I have a King Tiger and an IS-3. On EU, I have a VK 3601 and a VK 3001 (P). I also run a Panzer IV (which has naff matchmaking) and I have a Hetzer.

Just finished Tiger I. I HATE THAT TANK.

Now grinding the VK 3001 (P) on test. Hate it as well. Want my Tiger (P) back.

---

However, here I can ask the one key question that I'd get banned for on the WoT forums.

What do you think about the Russian bias arguments?

Personally, I am more and more convinced every day that I play this game. On the test, I destroyed an E-75 with a BL-9 equipped IS-3. I then had a go at an IS-4, and failed to penetrate. I was firing the same gun, and at the front armour. The normalization nerfs have benefited the Russkies more than the Germans. They nerf the Germans and Americans far, far harder than the Russians (or Chinese, but they've only got premium tank), for example, the Maus got hit hard with a 400 HP nerf last patch, the T30 got hit by a 250 HP nerf and an accuracy on the move nerf, and the IS-7 only got a little tiny 50 HP nerf? Come on, Evony doesn't do that! (Granted, Evony doesn't buff/nerf things.)

Also, the Russians have hugely better guns for the same tier than the Germans. The KV tank (soon to be KV-1/KV-2, thank god) gets a Tier 7 gun that can penetrate 167mm of armour. The Germans don't get that until Tier 7, when they get the godawful Tiger I or the heroic Tiger (P). They get a gun that does, if I recall, 300 damage per shot at TIER 5. The Germans don't get that until Tier 8, with the VK4502A or the King Tiger. The Russians get the 122mm BL-9 at Tier 8. The BL-9 is one of the most powerful guns in the game. What does the VK4502A get? The short 105, which can only penetrate 200mm of armour. The BL-9, with standard shells, can break the JT's front. With premium shells, they can break the American Heavy Turret (279mm of armour on the gun mantlet). This is not possible with even the 105mm L/68. It's ridiculous. I'll go further. The E-75 gets the 128mm L/55. The IS-4 gets the legendary S-70. Also, the 88mm L/56 has 32mm less penetration that it should have (Combat Mission states 154mm, and I know that Combat Mission is realistic to the extreme). In Forgotten Hope I can take on an IS-2 using a Tiger and hope to win. Not possible in WoT.

The third point I want to make is the insane arguments that Wargaming make to justify their nerfs/buffs. They claim 'historical accuracy' to nerf the Germans (you cannot deny that, face it) and then claim 'game balance' to only lightly touch the Russians (Maus/IS-7 nerfs for example). They also claim that mass = damage, and it's absolutely... Wrong.

Basic physics lesson, WG.

There is an equation that you learn in GCSE Physics. It is the following:

Force = Mass times Acceleration, or F = ma.

This means that a 10 kg shell travelling at 400 mph does the same damage as a 40 kg shell going at 100 mph, e.g. comparing the 88mm L/56 to the KV's 152mm M-10 derpgun. This is known by all schoolboys across the UK. It's simple bloody maths. A shell going at 300 mph transfers more energy to the target (thanks to conservation of energy, a RULE of physics) than the same weight shell going at 150 mph. Understand?

However, Wargaming say, incorrectly, that mass is proportional to damage, therefore regardless of what the speed is, a 20 kg shell does more damage than a 10 kg shell. This is wrong.

*sigh* If I wasn't punished for blasting the infallible devs on the WoT forums, then I'd post it there.

a few things is historicly unacurate with WoT, For 1, 90% of tier 8+ (and a large number of 4-7 tiers) Never saw acction or even were built. The main battle tanks of the war were:
    Russia: t-34, Probally the best all rounder of the war, Good sloped armour, Better gun then German standard and yank standard and were Extremely reliable.
    Germany: Panzer III, Short 75mm gun, Fast decent armour, and a reliable gun, BUT lacked penitration due to short barrel size (barrel is so short so barrel never extends over sides of the tank, meaning turret can turn 360 degrees in a narrow street, something later tanks couldnt do.)
    America: m4 Sherman, Decent Sloped frontal armour, decent gun, but twas no mach for German stuff heavyer then a PanzerIII.

the war was fought with Small tanks, not the super heavys. THUS it is hard to say who would have been better off with super heavys as shown in WoT. The olny tier 10 that acctually saw production in ww2 was the Maus, And only 2 were ever built, only 1 had both guns in it (as a Maus had the 120mm cannon and a coaxal 75mm gun. something you cant use in WoT) and now olny 1 still exists (Tho the E100 chassis was found without a turret)

The Russians DID make IS - 1, 2 and 3s before the end of the war BUT were olny used on Parade in Berlin when war ended.

American tanks i dont know much about, but Most tanks are Post war from what i can gather, Desiged post war to get up to German War time standards.

That is why Russians and americans are slightly unballanced, as There is a good few years worth of Technolegy differance between them and the germans, And the American tanks were not much Chop till the Abrams came out.

Russians were simple when building tanks, If the Germans had it, they needed a gun that could kill it. (BR-10 of the ISU-152/Object704 Fame The ISU-152 was nicknamed the Beast Killer, because Gemans tended to name there tanks after animals, bit of history for you) Russians also made AT rounds for every Gun they made, when the 152mm howizer with HE would just cave the roof of tanks in, the made AP for em so it would go through the armour and just blow the tank to peices. Russians allso have Heavly sloped armour, something the Germans didnt have untill the King tiger era, Relying on flat steel to stop shells, which is fine, if the shell is coming from an M4 sherman or T-34. NOT if its coming from an IS-3 or T29 that never saw action in WW2.

Sorry for the wall of text, But its going to be hard for Wargaming.net to ballance tanks properly, Tigers Ruled in RL, cause no one had anything that could match them The Shermans and t-34s and KV-1/2s (who would have been running russian 76mm at guns NOT 107mm or 152mm derps), BUT in WoT where Paper panzers (tanks that were olny ever on paper) and Post war tanks are involved they are almost useless.

And your maths is right, BUT its the Armour that makes the differance, The Slopes of the Russian tanks makes the 88mm (which IMO is one of the best guns ever made) Pretty much redundant as if it does penitrate it does no damage due to adding HP to tanks, in RL they dont have HP, they just Work or Dont. Lol. Much harder to show in game without HP.
    Last edited by ssfgrgawer; 12-04-2011 at 11:13 PM.

*cough*

nerdish

By Morgan Le Fay

Quote Originally Posted by =Angel= View Post
    *cough*

nerdish
    Lol when i was in primary school, (from about year 3+) i was reading WWII history books, It was all we had here at home since dads a WW2 buff, So i read his books, The teachers wouldnt belive me on my What did i Read this week cards cause i was reading well above my grade, lol