Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Default The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

How amazing is this game?

This game is possibly one of the most amazing things I've ever played. Just started a second character so I can fix up my perks and stat distribution

Level 27 Imperial (Main storyline finished - Given up after 35 hours to fix stats and perks)
    Level 15 Argonian (Perks in Two-handed, Heavy Armour and Conjuring.)

Share some tips and tricks, ask questions and etc

Honest answer? Don't laugh... My husband and I bought an extra big screen and XBox in preparation for this game (and Assassin's Creed), and pre-ordered two copies, and you know what?.... Worth every freaking penny...

I've always been a fan of open concept Action RPGs, but this one has SO much going on it's hard not to fall in love with it!

Compliments of the wonderful Warsimi!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AbstractAngel View Post
    Honest answer? Don't laugh... My husband and I bought an extra big screen and XBox in preparation for this game (and Assassin's Creed), and pre-ordered two copies, and you know what?.... Worth every freaking penny...

I've always been a fan of open concept Action RPGs, but this one has SO much going on it's hard not to fall in love with it!
    I was thinking of buying it aswell, but after seeing this, it's pushing me ever so closer to buying it lol
    [Retired]
    Signature by: Morgan le Fay

Shawne Sucks

I'm hoping to get it for xmas. Also Mage, how long did it take you to complete the game? The trailers look awesome, but I hope it's not too short. I suppose it depends how long it took you to do that, and there's also the fact that you may have not done a large number of side quests as such.

And modding. Must have modding =D
    I modded Oblivion to hell, and I'll mod this to hell too if I can...

Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

already close to 1k mods for it
    its as big as oblivion if not bigger
    some nice npcs too

edit some screens

Last edited by arron1718; 11-21-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayr View Post
    I'm hoping to get it for xmas. Also Mage, how long did it take you to complete the game? The trailers look awesome, but I hope it's not too short. I suppose it depends how long it took you to do that, and there's also the fact that you may have not done a large number of side quests as such.

And modding. Must have modding =D
    I modded Oblivion to hell, and I'll mod this to hell too if I can...
    It took me close to 25 hours of constant working on the main storyline to finish it first time around (Though now I will do those dungeons much faster). But that said, the main storyline of the game is very little of the games content. There's so much other stuff you can do it's not funny.

You an participate in the war, hunt down armour and weapons to disenchant them and make the ultimate set of gear. There's a dozen guilds that each that their own major quests that you can do that take several hours at least. And then there is an unlimited amount of every day quests that people in the cities will ask you to do. I'm serious, they do not end, the game is programmed to create more.

There are dungeons, mines and all sorts of cool things hidden all around the map. There's even underwater treasure. Exploring the map alone if you did it meticulously would take hundreds of hours.

On my first account I had 35ish hours gameplay and I'd completed the main storyline - but there is almost no limit for the amount of stuff I could have gone on to do. I just disliked how my character had progressed.

Yeah, that explains it. It was the same with Oblivion, most of the content was the side quests and exploring.

However, I found that Oblivion did not have a whole lot of replay-ability. There was a lot to do, sure, but it was still the same stuff nevertheless. I've heard quite a bit about Skyrim, and the fact that the game differs with each playthrough, and the massive variety of activities that can be done would give the game a lot of replay-ability, and even just playing through on the same character.

Also, what machine do you run the game on, and on what graphic levels?

I can't imagine playing a Bethesda game without accessibility to custom mods. The stuff they've come up with for games like Morrowind is staggering, and I can't help but feel a little sorry for console gamers that miss out on it.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

I'm a PS3 player, I kind of wish I'd bought this for PC as well, but there's so much left to do I don't think it really matters. I'm not that big of a fan of modding myself anyway. But I may definitely consider a PC copy as well sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    I can't imagine playing a Bethesda game without accessibility to custom mods. The stuff they've come up with for games like Morrowind is staggering, and I can't help but feel a little sorry for console gamers that miss out on it.
    Yep, I'm exactly the same. The stuff I got for Oblivion was brilliant, so I can't even begin to imagine what it'll be like with Skyrim.

Oblivion was quite dull for me without the mods I got. Starts with little graphical upgrades...then a few little additions, a bit of this a bit of that, until I'd completely overhauled the game, and the mods I had had a total size over double that of the game. And that's saying something, I find Bethesda games are quite large.