Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I loved both Morrowind and Oblivion and once i get Christmas out the way i plan on buying Skyrim and locking myself away in a dark room..

I played both Morrowind and Oblivion on Xbox but from reading some coments here is it better i buy it for PC ?

so far the bugs seem to be the same on all platforms
    and 360 will get the first 2 dlc first

but on pc we do get mods and creation kit in new year
    and it will tie in with steam workshop
    so mods will be on steam too

360 is good to play the game but if your pc can handle it then pc is better

I highly recommend PC over console for the customization that the PC versions can have, assuming you have a PC that can handle the game. I weep at learning that many seem to have sub-quality computers.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

Just got Skyrim yesterday. I'm liking it so far, although there was a few things I didn't like.

The movement took a bit of getting used to, completely different from Oblivion, but once you're used to it, it's fine. I don't like how they just took out shortswords, and now there's only swords, I'd rather have shortswords and longswords. Putting perks on smithing seems a bad idea to me, I'd rather just buy the stuff then waste perks so I can make it.

I also don't like how they took out attributes, I liked it better choosing attributes, rather than getting up health, magicka or stamina. The graphics are so much better, that's for sure, and I also liked how there are separate bounties for each city. Still exploring, and getting used to everything, but I still feel there's something in Oblivion that this doesn't quite have. Why can't I just mash the two of these games together into one?

Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

The change from Morrowind to Oblivion was similar. They removed a few things there too (medium armor, spears, etc.). Though it looks like Skyrim might be even more extreme with it.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayr View Post

The movement took a bit of getting used to, completely different from Oblivion, but once you're used to it, it's fine. I don't like how they just took out shortswords, and now there's only swords, I'd rather have shortswords and longswords. Putting perks on smithing seems a bad idea to me, I'd rather just buy the stuff then waste perks so I can make it.

I also don't like how they took out attributes, I liked it better choosing attributes, rather than getting up health, magicka or stamina.
    I didn't have much trouble with the movement, except for those odd turns when walking at times, but I didn't have a problem there. I Never really found out a reason between those short swords and long swords tbh, it seemed to me why not use a long sword? Short sword was faster maybe but it was so much easier to maneuver with a attack then do whatever with a long sword, so I hardly noticed.

Putting perks on smithing was not a terrible idea, if you want the armor, you can easily find it or buy it...If You wanted like, twice as good armor you could make it... And it wasn't all that hard to level up smithing imo, with all the leather and iron available to you.

And with the attributes I Would probably agree, but again I didn't really notice enough to care. With the changes mentioned I would not say they're totally derogatory, playing both games and sometimes it just seems like change is necessary.

Then again I treated this game like one all by itself, so I judged it like that all imo of course.

I agree on the swords part, but rather than just remove them, why not change them to make it more balanced?

I'm not saying Skyrim isn't a great game, but I really don't think it was worth money, based on what I've seen so far. It's good 'n all, but I still find myself disappointed, and a big let down to what I was expecting from it.

Thanks Morgan for the awesome signature and avatar!
    <15:28>[NoobTank]: i might not be here for all u know
    <15:29>[smoothme]: true u might b a figment of my constipation
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: dont u mean imagination lol
    <15:30>[smoothme]: oh yeah lol
    <15:30>[NoobTank]: not quite the same thing lol

just put an arrow in your knee, then just guard a town till the dlc come out

I own the PC version and my uncle has the XBox version, The difference in graphic is amazing, PC is much more detailed and has less loading time.

I never tried the ps3 version but I heard it was better then Xbox but less then PC.

Ether way, Amazing game.

"The World is for my plundering"
    Spooner, June 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayr View Post
    and a big let down to what I was expecting from it.
    I hope you didn't think the game would match the hype it was given >>