View Poll Results: What do you think of the 24 hour cool down instead of 72 hours?

Voters
858. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it better than 72 hours.

276 32.17%
  • I do not like the reduction of hours.

79 9.21%
  • I'd prefer a cap on how many alliances I can join in a 72 hour period

503 58.62%
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Developer Chat: Reducing Alliance Rejoin Cool Down

id have to agree that the majority of the players who are left immature or EGOcrazy the good old fashioned EVONY players are hard to come by games gone down hill. evony needs to improve the game and bring back the customer base that it lost, and improve not only customer support and i may appluad them in there attempt here to listen more to the customer but you are trying to make us choose from what we dont want. if both partys worked toghther finally EVONY could come back to what it once was and when it was fun its not the same anymore. my idea. work with us so we can work with u. bout it : O

Quote Originally Posted by MetalX View Post
    id have to agree that the majority of the players who are left immature or EGOcrazy the good old fashioned EVONY players are hard to come by games gone down hill. evony needs to improve the game and bring back the customer base that it lost, and improve not only customer support and i may appluad them in there attempt here to listen more to the customer but you are trying to make us choose from what we dont want. if both partys worked toghther finally EVONY could come back to what it once was and when it was fun its not the same anymore. my idea. work with us so we can work with u. bout it : O

Yup you are right.

I have been around in all sort of bussiness and corporate type for sometimes and usually the way things work is the owner/ stockholder has to be happy and they want result. Sometimes owners and stockholders don't want to hear the truth, they want to hear positive results. People like DawnSeeker has to do keep bothside happy which is not an easy task to do.
    It is Business.

When a decision is made from the higher up, it is the individuals job to make what is on paper happens no questions asked and report result back on the next meeting.

In WAR, one must decide their faith, or others will decide yours.

Think you can read it without laughing? Go ahead and try it http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...19#post1810519

Default Insufficient Vote Options

Age 1 - does not need any cooldown
    I disagree with this implementation completely

Yersinia, member of BLACKPCT, Romagna, SS46

If you want to make it more rewarding to attack, make loyaty drop faster. Take nearly 2 hours to cap a city. Make troops move across the map faster. People need to cap NPC to be right beside the enemies they want to attack due to the long time it takes to the billions of junk before you can get to the good stuff. Can't do that from 10 miles out, needless to say 30 + miles out is just not praticable. Advance ports ? useless ?... Sit 24 hours cooldown being able to do nothing apart from being an easy target in an enemy state , not even close to an enemy and waste 9 bucks for it. All cool downs are ridiculous. People needs to cap NPCs in enemy territory and give town to their allies to facilitate attacks. States remain full for days. That the only way. Would be great if at least an advance port allowed you to port ontop a NPC and nuke it. And remove all the useless cool downs....

5. 11-28-2011, 05:42 AM

Reason
    Off topic, please stick to discussion on cool down reduction.

so let me see if i got this right you have put this fix or patch that is meant for age2 onto age1 as well as it stands i can so no good reason for that we don't have historic cities thank god, but we do have a need to help and assist our aliance members this crazy 72 cooldown is going to cause serious issues maybe if evony looked beyond there potential bank balance and listened to what the dedicated players wanted this cooldown patch would be removed certainly from age1 where it has no place at all and in my opinion try to think about what you do in future please your not creating a good gaming environment for anyone like this

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be responding a bit later on this.

Quote Originally Posted by neko_lord View Post
    By that same token, when attacking another player, that player has someone else in their alliance log in and comfort the city and mind the gates for them, do you feel that is a good mechanic?

I cannot see a single positive thing that this achieves for people who play by the rules. All you have done is given people more incentive to give their passwords out. Is that the goal that you intend? I would not think that it would be, however that is what will happen. That is not me being "negative", "pessimistic", or "argumentative", but simply "realistic".

I applaud you for your thoughtful posts. I agree that it is not really clear what the ultimate goal is with these changes. They're not going to put a stop to what is claimed to be desired to be stopped, and even worse, will cause an increase in rule violations as players find ways around the changes (in other words, as they reject the changes).

Most frustrating to me, from the perspective of a rule-abiding player, is the fact that these changes offer no relief from serious issues of rampant alt accounts and other rule-breaking activities. It will increase the amount of rule-breaking, thus causing any rule-abiding players to be even further behind. I'm sure that's not what they intend. That seems to be a repetitive theme - not as intended. I think that these kinds of "not as intended" issues will continue so long as there are rushed decisions and insufficient listening to constructive feedback. That is unfortunate for everyone involved.
    If there is a simple game rule change that could fix the issues you're talking about, then it hasn't been thought of yet. We're doing everything we can to fix any issues within the game. The fact that some issues are hard to fix does mean that we just stop development on the game entirely.
    Legendary Hero