View Poll Results: What do you think of the 24 hour cool down instead of 72 hours?

Voters
858. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it better than 72 hours.

276 32.17%
  • I do not like the reduction of hours.

79 9.21%
  • I'd prefer a cap on how many alliances I can join in a 72 hour period

503 58.62%
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Developer Chat: Reducing Alliance Rejoin Cool Down

there are alot of times we jump from alliance to alliance to help our allies, there should not be a cap on how many alliances we can be in per day...that is our business and not one to be made by Evony, this patch did not fix anything for ageI, it might have fixed something for ageII I myself wouldnt know because I dont play it....but as it goes now I have not got much interest in even playing ageI in its current condition, the things that need fixed we have not seen any improvement on any of them in months, if anything they have gotten worse and when we try to tell someone about them the thread is closed or the forum mods show their smart mouth about them.

In my bed... With a pillow between my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalin Athasian View Post
    Ok, the voting should now be fixed. Sorry, we had to create a new thread. Please vote!
    Must be that gypsy dancing latte!

Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough
    I don't know why
    Keep making me laugh, Let's go get high
    The road is long, we carry on
    Try to have fun in the meantime

As a host of an alliance, I have accidentally booted the wrong member before. Any kind of cool down is a hinderance to the running of an alliance. If you feel you MUST put some restrictions on the leaving and returning to alliance, make it something that can be planned around. Such as your option of how many times you can leave alliance. At least with that option a member can decide when they are going to help another one take a city and such. Last night was a mess with alliances working together to flip flats and then being stuck out having to find an alliance to "camp out" in for 3 days. The respect of a heads up would have gone far!

So, since I am getting the feeling that we have no choice as to have some sort of change, I will definitely be voting for anything that does not have a cool down!

Voted thank you and my opinion has been posted since it seems you merged the threads.

Thanks for the opportunity to voice our opinions and have a good holiday weekend.

for what its worth here is my 2 cents

i have played for a long time with a 8 month gap between returning(college work prevailed)

but i have put many many hrs in evony and a few dollars too
    but it seems the better you are /the more you play the more you are penalised .
    but this isn`t about me so ill try to be constructive here.

has a big player who was put thousands of hrs in evony i do try to pass that knowledge on to new players and offer help and advice and protection i might add also to new players .
    anybody just starting out needs protecting by being in a good alliance or even bad one ,without that support /backup they will not survive and ultimately drift away from the game .
    so for me the ability to drop and help /drop and swop out citys was a viable way to actually help.
    (i wished i had that type of help when i started )

i have to say i am one of the people thats kept this game alive so long by keeping playing but you are making it so hard to play and enjoy the game im beginning to wonder is it really worth it anymore , i have several friends whove played alongside me for a long time left/leaving due to recent ongoing changes from you guys .

it will be sad but my time is coming also i believe
    you are continually changing things for the worse !!! not better

and thats sad for a game ive enjoyed so much playing , made some great friends and socially a great place

6. 11-26-2011, 01:51 AM

Reason
    Off topic

*Hands Thalin mega drugs*

I understand both sides to the situation. However, you all are giving "me" a migraine!!!

Evony, I kinda feel bad for you all :P

Yes, I voted!

From [BROLLY] : so whats it take to get u outta that war thong?
    To [BROLLY]: Thongs are like barbed wire fence, they protect the property but it doesn't obstruct the view
    From [BROLLY] : not what i had in mind

8. 11-26-2011, 01:55 AM

Reason
    Not apart of discussion

All these changes that are going on with in a very short time is making me think why am I playing a non-beta game that is changing when it should not be changing at all. Updates to the game should be handled in a different way and with notice to the current players before any changes are done. Companies that are doing well or good do not things to much for they can lose business and go belly up. I found other games that have same style of play as Evony that are doing well with little to no change in the play so far. So Evony do you want to stay in business or go belly up. For me, I hate all the changes and changing the way I play the game with changes every week for the last month I am about to call it quits of Evony.
    Last edited by Thalin Athasian; 11-26-2011 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Don't advertise other games on our forum. Thanks.

Maybe just accept u made a mistake and no one is happy with the change? Alliance dropping in and out for the most part is to help allies and will only frustrate players on a daily basis

At least option #3 is less restrictive. Thank you for adding it. Irrespective, the entire idea of prohibiting players from freely coming and going from alliances is defeatest to the entire concept of alliance members and allies working together.

Thanks for the opportunity to vote it is greatly appreciated
    I think the 24 hour cooldown would be a great improvement. It would mean that players would need to plan more carefully but doesn't overly penalise them. I also like the idea of the cap on the number of alliances you can join within a period but think that is a separate issue
    Nemesis NA19