Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Evony Romances

Default more

I did do that. I talked with him on the phone for 8 months before meeting him in person. Yes, there was nervousness, all along. But he never lied or misrepresented himself to me. My point is, it IS possible to find your partner on the internet.

It will 2 years soon and I have no regrets. He is my best friend and we are both happier people.

Look at life as a glass half full, not half empty.

Now don't get me started on the smilies which evony says I can only have 5 of lol
    Last edited by Ciaran; 12-30-2011 at 11:00 AM.

I have one other comment. Yes I admit I took a risk. Risk is everywhere in life, whether driving your car, crossing the street, making a fire in your fire place. I have no problems with risk. In my profession I am taught to mitigate risk, it's called SAS 99 ( google it it's accounting). Bottom line if you are going to live your life afraid of risks, then you can just give up right now and live in a cocoon. I want to live a happy life and I took a risk to do that.

Now that's said, I am not addressing risk any more. And you folks can stop telling me what I did was dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by DWorth View Post
    yes but the thing is internet relationships are still very dangerous... People should be very carefull when wanting to meet someone face to face that they have met on the internet. At least first skype or something like that before meeting in flesh...
    thats all stupid things to say - meeting one in rl is dangerous too! he can play nice for a hlaf year and then start to beat the shi++ out of you, take all your money and make it very clear that you a dead person if you act wrong...

so what now? stop meeting people and stay by yourself???

Quote Originally Posted by annagilbert View Post
    thats all stupid things to say - meeting one in rl is dangerous too! he can play nice for a hlaf year and then start to beat the shi++ out of you, take all your money and make it very clear that you a dead person if you act wrong...

so what now? stop meeting people and stay by yourself???
    I was getting ready to say the same thing. People can lie to your face in real life just as easily as they can lie to your face on the internet. Look at the men that lure women to their cars pretending to be injured and needing help.

A male or female could become the victim at any time with little to no warning. Just because it's in real life doesn't make it any different.

~Betrayed's Little Geeky Kitty~

~Read My Story Here Show Your Support~

I cyber stalk people for fun

I think...(and im just guessing) that DWORTH meant its MORE dangerous, and MORE risky. I will repeat something I said earlier. I feel internet increases the number of people who are dishonest, and decreases your ability to determine who is who.

I feel its EASIER to recognize these people when you are face to face, able to judge body language. The fear I have with internet relationships is when you finally meet face to face for the first time your instincts are dulled because you have ALREADY made a determination on the level of trust, and you may have ALREADY given away personal information.

There is risk in all aspects of life, and just like everything else we have to decide for ourselves what is and is not a worthwhile risk. I think meeting someone through the internet is too much of a risk when I can meet someone face to face for the first time and increase my ability to judge that person. But it is not my place to make the determination for someone else.

Expressing caution to those who are making that descision for the first time, acknowledging that it is dangerous, and happy endings may be the exception not the rule is a responsible thing to do.

evony romances are something bad! the diplo of a half server can be effected if one gurl decides to not be with one anymore

so it is actually very dangerus for your alliance (specially if you run it) and your allies to do such a thing!

be careful guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    I appreciate your remarks. And I'd like to say that I didn't rush head in looking for a relationship at Evony. I don't do pictures, or facebook, twitter etc. That stuff only robs you of your privacy. And yes there are a lot of dishonest people on the internet (another reason I don't bother with social networking places).

But I can say, the person I met here was a friend of my friend that I played evony with. And on the server I met him, it was a very small close community and we all knew who everyone was. I certainly miss that server...too bad Evony had to merge it.

Bottom line is, I am always myself, here and in RL. Take me or leave me. And I am old enough to sift through the crap (I am in my 50s ) so I think that does make a difference in my experience.

Ciaran
    Well said...
    Being honest here, no two people in Evony will ever have the same experience. If one person been lucky, others won't and few will have it even worst..so.. it is best to be cautious, cause you never know what will happen.
    Let's take craigslist for example; I am sure many of us here have sold an item through craigslist and the transaction went well or without any incident.
    Well, here is one of many that didn't go to well.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-mar...3#.Tv4cNtSvJ8E

My point is, the world is full of many types of people, people that have been put in a situation they didn't want or need. People that are now beyond help and it is only a matter of luck or unlucky event that puts anyone of us in that bad situation.

We live in a crazy world, were something that your family members, neighbor, friends, co-worker etc have done might come back full circle at you (karma).

Meeting people while playing evony can be a good thing, but it is better still to be cautious.

In WAR, one must decide their faith, or others will decide yours.

Think you can read it without laughing? Go ahead and try it http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...19#post1810519

I'm sorry for saying that all Evony romances are pathetic. I think I am just jealous of all of you for finding a happiness that I can only experience myself in my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by rasterbee View Post
    I'm sorry for saying that all Evony romances are pathetic. I think I am just jealous of all of you for finding a happiness that I can only experience myself in my dreams.
    just spend more time sleeping and dreaming and you are happy... few peeps in forums are happy...

Thank you for taking my post seriously, anna. It means so much to me. I really like you.