Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Evony Romances

Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    You didn't specify in game leadership, you said ambiguously, "things." You also just keep making it worse, by implying that women are somehow inherently emotional or that they would be weak in tough situations. *cough* Margaret Thatcher?
    Margaret Thatcher is an exception, and nobody likes her.

Quote Originally Posted by *jdm* View Post
    it's why no one respects her

you're arguing with an idiot btw mati
    You love to insult me. It's worse because nobody can tell you're joking.

In glorious silence
    Descending through space

Quote Originally Posted by rasterbee View Post
    I'm an elitist prick.

I tend to somehow always assume a leading position in various groups I participate in, including Evony alliances. I'd like to think I handle these positions well, else I'd not keep landing in them. In my Evony alliances, the females always got along with everyone (including one another) just fine and were often the most rational and level-headed members of the alliance. If I ever ran into drama in the game, it was from male players.

I disagree with women not being as dominated by egos and competition. Women have their queen bees like men have their alpha wolves, and both tend to be very egocentric and control-hungry.

I really think it's kind of silly to suggest either gender is more or less emotional or ego-driven than the other. I've seen both extremes and everything in the middle from both genders enough times that I'm not convinced that either one has more of a certain type than another.

And flirts go either way too. I've been flirted on by at least as many guys as I have girls.
    It's all Rodri's fault.

Like I said, It's all down to my personal experience of playing Evony.

In glorious silence
    Descending through space

I'm an elitist prick.

A 'romance' started anywhere online besides an actual dating site is not a healthy relationship. You will provide anecdotal evidence of 3-4 happily married couples that met through Evony, but your rare exceptions are nothing more than rare exceptions. Desperation, deception, exaggeration and anonymity are inherent and not the building blocks of a functional relationship between two people.

If you did meet your mate through Evony, that's terribly depressing. You are dating nothing more than the person you imagine them to be. Conversations via Skype, in-game or even texts/regular phone tell you nothing about who a person really is. Body language, clothing, smell, how they interact with other people in real life....you can't fall in love without witnessing/knowing these things about another person first hand and in person. And if you think you have, you're delusional and/or inexperienced at dating. Grow up, get out of the house and go meet someone real. The person you meet online is not who they say they are, will never be the person you picture them to be and in the tiny tiny tiny minute chance that the two of meet, form a relationship and start humping....that's creepy. Something is wrong with you, you have a sad life and warped understanding of human interaction. If you can't find a mate IRL you shouldn't be reproducing anyway. Don't mess with natural selection. You aren't supposed to have kids, your genes are inferior and for the sake of humanity please keep them out of our hot'n'sexy reproduction pool.

A 'romance' started anywhere online besides an actual dating site is not a healthy relationship. You will provide anecdotal evidence of 3-4 happily married couples that met through Evony, but your rare exceptions are nothing more than rare exceptions. Desperation, deception, exaggeration and anonymity are inherent and not the building blocks of a functional relationship between two people.

If you did meet your mate through Evony, that's terribly depressing. You are dating nothing more than the person you imagine them to be. Conversations via Skype, in-game or even texts/regular phone tell you nothing about who a person really is. Body language, clothing, smell, how they interact with other people in real life....you can't fall in love without witnessing/knowing these things about another person first hand and in person. And if you think you have, you're delusional and/or inexperienced at dating. Grow up, get out of the house and go meet someone real. The person you meet online is not who they say they are, will never be the person you picture them to be and in the tiny tiny tiny minute chance that the two of meet, form a relationship and start humping....that's creepy. Something is wrong with you, you have a sad life and warped understanding of human interaction. If you can't find a mate IRL you shouldn't be reproducing anyway. Don't mess with natural selection. You aren't supposed to have kids, your genes are inferior and for the sake of humanity please keep them out of our hot'n'sexy reproduction pool.
    This made me laugh so figured Id break my forum lurk mode to comment. I myself am someone that met their current love from evony so I guess you must be getting terribly depressed while reading this comment. However, my relationship with him took almost 2 years to come to what we are now. We used all the various platforms cell calls, text, skype conversations, video, ps3 etc and after many many months and even more hours a day talking we decided to meet in person in which he flew 5000 miles to come and stay with me in my home. After a further 3 months of living together to find out the "bad habbits" one another have that can't be seen, heard or smelled online I found that my feelings for him grew even more. The end result was I moved from the states to stay with him in england. If you are a mature adult and take all the proper steps then how a person met is irrelevant to me. I could easily met a guy at a bar, store, club, maybe even the library invited him into my home and found out he was a rapist, pedo or worse so how does meeting in a "normal" RL situation make me any safer from the dangers life can bring Ill never understand. People will always judge me and my relationship which I am fine with I know I have a man that is honest, caring and passionate about me and our lives together. I've met all of his family and he has met mine as well. So the way I see it we have done all the "normal" steps even if I would of met him in RL without evony. I would be very interested to know of all the people so heavily against this how many are in a truly happy relationship or in a relationship at all Well, there is my 2 cents worth so bring on the haters!!
    s120-retired.s140 - DAMAGE
    ss54 - War
    Spargirl: wheres the bull**** flag cuz someone needs to wave it
    [Spargirl]: i like big butts and i cannot lie

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
    This made me laugh so figured Id break my forum lurk mode to comment. I myself am someone that met their current love from evony so I guess you must be getting terribly depressed while reading this comment. However, my relationship with him took almost 2 years to come to what we are now. We used all the various platforms cell calls, text, skype conversations, video, ps3 etc and after many many months and even more hours a day talking we decided to meet in person in which he flew 5000 miles to come and stay with me in my home. After a further 3 months of living together to find out the "bad habbits" one another have that can't be seen, heard or smelled online I found that my feelings for him grew even more. The end result was I moved from the states to stay with him in england. If you are a mature adult and take all the proper steps then how a person met is irrelevant to me. I could easily met a guy at a bar, store, club, maybe even the library invited him into my home and found out he was a rapist, pedo or worse so how does meeting in a "normal" RL situation make me any safer from the dangers life can bring Ill never understand. People will always judge me and my relationship which I am fine with I know I have a man that is honest, caring and passionate about me and our lives together. I've met all of his family and he has met mine as well. So the way I see it we have done all the "normal" steps even if I would of met him in RL without evony. I would be very interested to know of all the people so heavily against this how many are in a truly happy relationship or in a relationship at all Well, there is my 2 cents worth so bring on the haters!!
    I think it is great that you met someone while participating in a game you both enjoyed. It is immaterial how you meet someone or where you meet someone. I have an "evony" relationship too that was a surprise, but it has led me to the other side of the world more than once to spend time together. We are not at the stage that you are, but we are definitely having discussions about one of us moving.

There are a lot of liars on evony about who they are and whatnot, but just be smart and make sure it is the real person you are getting to know. You definitely should not turn away someone from your life simply because you both like playing an online game and happened to meet there.

Pretty sure I stated this before, but one person can't say that an online relationship will ultimately fail. Just because you failed at it doesn't mean others will. There have been success stories of online dating especially from Evony. Just because it's a browser game doesn't make it any different than meeting someone on FaceBook or something. Yes, people lie. Hell the guy you meet IN REAL LIFE at a coffee shop can lie his ass off to you in a heart beat.

But I tend to ignore those that call me stupid for dating a guy I met online. I'm really shy when it comes to talking to guys off line (believe it or not). So for me to meet someone online that wants to talk about how my day went or actually sees me as someone worth more than a quick cyber meeting is something special to me.

~Betrayed's Little Geeky Kitty~

~Read My Story Here Show Your Support~

I cyber stalk people for fun

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
    I don't judge you yuna! You know I love you and Cruel

I'MMMMMMMM BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

norr is basically a lesser version of shep
    hes not as awesome as me, but hell do root (nod)

I love you too Norr!! xxxx
    I was able to +rep ya again too
    s120-retired.s140 - DAMAGE
    ss54 - War
    Spargirl: wheres the bull**** flag cuz someone needs to wave it
    [Spargirl]: i like big butts and i cannot lie

If you asked me whether it was impossible to fall for someone online a year ago I would've laughed. Don't be silly you can't fall for someone you haven't met, it's all in your head. Well I know for sure now that isn't the case.

The major difference is with on line there isn't the eye contact and that gives normally shy people the chance to over come that to get to know another person. I'm very shy when it comes to relationships and it took me over a year to realize how much I felt for the guy. We're both stubborn as mules so it's funny when we bicker, neither of us like to back down!

In a way I'm glad about the internet and Evony in general, if neither existed I wouldn't have had the opportunity of meeting the guy I've fallen for now. I know I'll never have met him walking down the street. It's still pretty new for us so it'll be too premature to say whether it'll be a long lasting relationship, it's all about taking the time and seeing how things develop for the time being and having a good time.
    Last edited by Morgan le Fay; 12-18-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!