Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Evony Romances

But that's the point, Morgan. You shouldn't breed. The internet, by allowing you to meet someone, fall in love, get married and reproduce, is disrupting natural selection. 50 years ago your flaws would have been rubbed out of our gene pool, instead your descendants will weaken our species.

Default no

Quote Originally Posted by rasterbee View Post
    But that's the point, Morgan. You shouldn't breed. The internet, by allowing you to meet someone, fall in love, get married and reproduce, is disrupting natural selection. 50 years ago your flaws would have been rubbed out of our gene pool, instead your descendants will weaken our species.
    the internet hasnt disrupted natural selection, it has just further lessened its effects. at no point in time has the entire world discontinued breeding for the abnormals, nor should they. a person with an above average intelligence is considered abnormal because his/her differentiating traits, his/her intelligence or possible non-perfect appearence, makes people look at them differently/weirdly. but as far as we know this person may cure cancer, and we would never have given this person the chance if we had stopped his parents from breeding due to their non perfect appearence. in a world where only normal people can breed would be a world of people who, though not mentally handicapped, would not be intelligent enough to bring the world into all of its destined subsequent technological eras
    Last edited by kinggray22; 12-18-2011 at 10:39 AM.

EVONY AGE I FOREVER
    "Nobody ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor fool die for his."
    George Patton

I really hope you know Morgan and are joking because your post is just garbage, and if anyone should not be breeding, it looks to me like it is you.

I like to start relationships from meeting people that I actually know and can make eye contact with. Maybe it's just me, I dunno.
    "I fought with courage to preserve
    Not my way of life, but yours"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG6dsSRcbJA

Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8UNKy View Post
    I like to start relationships from meeting people that I actually know and can make eye contact with. Maybe it's just me, I dunno.
    I agree. Cant do the whole phone conversations for hours on end cause we cant see each other, or skyping till 3 am.

If other people do it, more power to ya. I hope it goes well, but as for me, it isn't gonna work out.

<13:40>[Synyster]: wtf.... my gold is gone in my main

<13:40>[sorrow]: obama did it
    SS58- Retired
    158-Retired
    171-Active

Well, obviously it can work.

Unfortunately, often times I think online romances allow for too much dishonesty and deception.
    Everything from their true intentions, to who they really 'are', to how they really feel, everything, including your own set of shenanigans, is subject to their/your own truthful discretion. If that makes sense.
    As Morgan brought up, she was shy, and so the internet's impersonal face allowed her to show a side of herself that's not really her.
    The internet leads most people to saying things they wouldn't normally say, whether that be something abnormally gutsy or a boldfaced lie. Either way, it means you aren't really yourself. And you don't have to be.

So, despite some rare exceptions, I think there's just too many people who don't show their true colors, and any relationship based on dishonesty is doomed.

The wheels of survival are greased more readily by easy lies than hard truths.

you are talking about all this as if it simple and pure animal instincts. Love and relationships have more to do with emotions, attraction, how one makes the other feel. Bot about who should reproduce and who should just die without a family. Until you learn this, then lobve wont come easy for you to learn. Its complicated and not just someone you meet is the one for you.
    Sig by the lovely Luda
    Available Sigs

This is partially true, but 50 years ago the world was completely different. Technology has made the girl next door less appealing as everyone has many many more options then what they had 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8UNKy View Post
    This I agree with completely. It seems that some people have made it work, but I know I would be unable to. Just being myself I would go into the relationship with unreachable expectations, and me and weird habits of any sort that I do not know about way in advance do not go well together.

Quote Originally Posted by SickbyDefinition View Post
    Well, obviously it can work.

Unfortunately, often times I think online romances allow for too much dishonesty and deception.
    Everything from their true intentions, to who they really 'are', to how they really feel, everything, including your own set of shenanigans, is subject to their/your own truthful discretion. If that makes sense.
    As Morgan brought up, she was shy, and so the internet's impersonal face allowed her to show a side of herself that's not really her.
    The internet leads most people to saying things they wouldn't normally say, whether that be something abnormally gutsy or a boldfaced lie. Either way, it means you aren't really yourself. And you don't have to be.

So, despite some rare exceptions, I think there's just too many people who don't show their true colors, and any relationship based on dishonesty is doomed.
    lol bitter much

Well as much as it's true that being something your're not will surely end up in disaster, keeping true to yourself is the key. I'm just shy I didn't have a complete personality change or made up stories about myself.

Thanks to Infinitus for the epic B'day pressie!