Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?

king alboin i had an idea for your semi...we could reinforce the front bumper with either some sort of blades or something like a plow..and with the trailer we could cut open windows on all three sides but windows would only be big enough to fit your weapon of choice through either chainsaw ( just in case we're over whelmed with zombies..we can cut right through the zombies on all 3 sides) or enough room to fit shotguns out so we can blast them lol....
    when did pigs grow wings and fly???

I hear, "Leeloo Minai Lekarariba Laminai Tchai Idbat De Sebat. Ekto gamat." guessing, Zintardia?

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh420 View Post
    king alboin i had an idea for your semi...we could reinforce the front bumper with either some sort of blades or something like a plow..and with the trailer we could cut open windows on all three sides but windows would only be big enough to fit your weapon of choice through either chainsaw ( just in case we're over whelmed with zombies..we can cut right through the zombies on all 3 sides) or enough room to fit shotguns out so we can blast them lol....
    Not such a bad idea, in as much as its realistic, in a way. They already have these types of bumbers, Fresh. They are known as "bull bars" or "moose bumbers"....

the results are extrodinary in keeping the big buggs ... ie, bears, moose, cows, even Bambi off of your windshield , but it does nothing for blood splatter off of your chrome or nicely washed fresh paint job ...

However, I do see the value in them, no doubt.

About the trailer. Well, a regular 53' box freight trailer is no good for cutting holes and sticking chainsaws, through. They are too weak walled, for the sides are only plywood cover'd over with sheet aluminum. they are designed to be light. However, as with the first pic ^^, a bull hauler's trailer would suit your design specs, just fine, imho. For the holes are already cut. They are in most cases, two stories, able to hold an azz load of cows, or hoggs, or sheep, or prisoners of war. and for the most part, have a low center of gravity, allowing them some stability at high speeds, cornering at high speeds, not so much. But they are designed to hold bulls in, which in turn will keep Zombs out. good thinking. Oh, and it is a well known fact, that all bull haulers are triple digit machines. just in case you ever wanted to know.
    Last edited by King Alboin; 04-07-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    Dog of War grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWind View Post
    What would you use as a weapon? Where would you go? Would you survive alone or with a group?

These are the things that will help you survive. Guns are a last choice weapon, as they draw more and more zombies to your position. The best weapon is a melee weapon, or a crossbow.

Post what you would use, where you would go, if you'd range the lands, or hole up in a defensible building, and if you'd have a group of survivors with you or not.

Step 1: Grab a bunch of friends.
    Step 2: Go straight to Bass Pro Shop
    Step 3: Make shure we had Bass Pro to our selves.
    Step 4: Get a barricade set up.
    Step 5: As we hold Bass Pro to our selves try to take over walmart as well. (you need your food)
    Step 6: Have fun kiling zombies with all the guns/Bows we have goten at Bass Pro.

[Staff]<12:39>From [Thalin] : @}------ A Rose for you!
    Im tuched Thalin didn't know you liked me that much =')

I hear, "Leeloo Minai Lekarariba Laminai Tchai Idbat De Sebat. Ekto gamat." guessing, Zintardia?

^interesting, but I think you may need to go to Asteroids R Us shop and pick up an asteroid bumper. cuz well .... I think it more likely that an asteroid would hit, than a Zombie attack. but that is just my edumicated guesstimate. of course based upon real science.

however, I think a good challenge would be in order, to try to unsecure you from basspro, from the guys and gals who took over Cabellas.

would go down in history as the "Sport Shop Wars"
    Dog of War grrrrr

Hop in a car, drive straight to the foothills of Tennessee, live forever among the rednecks.
    (>'.')><('.'<)(>'.')><('.'<)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbrady View Post
    Next thing y'know, you've got some guy who knows all your passwords, details and what pr0n you watch and BAM!

lol i like that *sport shop wars*
    when did pigs grow wings and fly???

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh420 View Post
    lol i like that *sport shop wars*
    Oh yeah, Team Cabellas vs Team BassPro Shop

set your brackets now.

Team Cabellas ...

and the dreaded Team Bass Pro Shop ....

Who will survive?

Who will be the victor?

Who will win this sweet Zombie Hoard Smashin Cobra Hummer?

Let the game begin ...

I call dibbs on the cool shemagh ...

On a side note:

Some factitious fiction of Z-Daze from the Undead Report;

5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen
    •Brain parasites (such as toxoplasma or Naegleria fowleri)
    •Neurotoxins (like tetrodotoxin)
    •Rage Virus (think advanced rabies)
    •Neurogenesis (stem cell research causes post-mortem or post trauma brain growth)
    •Nanobots <---( LMAO )

7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)
    •Natural predators (dogs, wolves)
    •Heat
    •Cold
    •Biting as a poor means of viral transmission
    •Inability to heal (which assumes dead zombies)
    •Natural landscape barriers
    •Weapons and people

And a terse list that fulfills a lot of our carnal desires:

5 Reasons You Secretly Want a Zombie Apocalypse
    •Guilt Free Violence
    •Free Stuff
    •Simplicity
    •Acting Like a Jerk
    •Being the Alpha Dog

Even if the zombie, climate, political, or economic apocalypse doesn’t happen on the 21st, zombie haters will remain vigilant, stocked, and prepared.
    It’s not a paranoia, it’s not a fear, or even a desire. It’s a mindset to think “what if” and “how can I be ready”.
    Time to start the countdown.
    Last edited by King Alboin; 04-10-2012 at 03:33 AM.
    Dog of War grrrrr