Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Mel Gibsons exwife gets half his $850 mil assets in divorce settlement

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    this game keeps pulling me back....
    Posts
    3,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    Mel Gibson is an idiot. He has only himself to blame in this situation. He cheated on her and he failed to to have her sign a prenup at the start of his marriage.

    I say good for her for taking the cheating ******* to the cleaners.
    strong.

    is it worth 850 million dollars?

    i dont think so.

    this law stuff needs to be adapted because this is just really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by estrickland89 View Post
    you make me wish the red rep system was still in place
    Quote Originally Posted by Mati2 View Post
    I wish that everyday because of Emma6.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurley View Post
    acer made me change my avatar f acer

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNorr View Post
    http://www.people.com/people/article...html?hpt=hp_t2

    So stupid. I don't believe anyone should be entitled to that much money for doing nothing more then marrying someone who went on to become a major success themself (not that I think anyone is worth that much just for acting either). I don't care what you had to put up with or how many kids you have with them, if it was so bad you could have left. She could easily have done fine for the rest of her life on 5-10 million and her kids would have been well off as well. Nobody deserves 100s of millions for tolerating a person for a large length of time and then having them leave you. Also don't get why she should be entitled to half his future earnings since he will have no affiliation with her and she is now richer then most people have are brilliant innovators, top athletes, top of the line CEOs, or great actors. I guess moral of the story is sign those prenups guys and gals since most marriages these days do not seem to last.

    For the record I'm not a Mel Gibson fanboy either I would be against this no matter what wealthy person was involved.

    What's everyone else think about this?


    She was with him even before fame,His wife deserved every penny.

    I dont agree with any woman getting half if the man already had money.But mel had nothing,so she was with him for his personality.

    Anna nicole smith...did not deserve half even if she was sleeping with a dinosaur.
    anything ammassed while married to the person shes entitled to.but not the whole thing.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNorr View Post
    http://www.people.com/people/article...html?hpt=hp_t2

    So stupid. I don't believe anyone should be entitled to that much money for doing nothing more then marrying someone who went on to become a major success themself (not that I think anyone is worth that much just for acting either). I don't care what you had to put up with or how many kids you have with them, if it was so bad you could have left. She could easily have done fine for the rest of her life on 5-10 million and her kids would have been well off as well. Nobody deserves 100s of millions for tolerating a person for a large length of time and then having them leave you. Also don't get why she should be entitled to half his future earnings since he will have no affiliation with her and she is now richer then most people have are brilliant innovators, top athletes, top of the line CEOs, or great actors. I guess moral of the story is sign those prenups guys and gals since most marriages these days do not seem to last.

    For the record I'm not a Mel Gibson fanboy either I would be against this no matter what wealthy person was involved.

    What's everyone else think about this?
    Did you hear? When the Judge awarded the wife with that much money. Mel asked the Judge if he was Jewish.

  4. #24

    Default

    I think you guys are missing the point... Mel Gibson's situation is just an example on the actual point of the thread, whether or not the system of marriage is corrupt.

    These laws stem from a time when women COULD NOT work. If they were a house wife and they got divorced, they had no other way to support themselves because "real" jobs did not exist for women.

    In this day and age when a women has every possibility to make as much money as a man, I don't think we should be using laws that act as if they don't.

    It is a corrupt system that can very easily, and is very easily abused. Just because you may have found "love" doesn't change the fact that the system is absolutely terrible.

    If you truly think she deserves 425 MILLION dollars for having his kids and dealing with his BS, you are out of your F'ing mind.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    thata way ====>
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    he made some movies and she gave birth to and raised 11 kids
    which one of them doesn't deserve what money?
    blessed are the geeks: for they shall inherit the earth


  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balaam View Post
    he made some movies and she gave birth to and raised 11 kids
    which one of them doesn't deserve what money?
    That's another issue altogether. If that's your argument, We should give every woman who has 11 kids 425 million dollars.

    Whether or not he should have that money in the first place is beside the point.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    thata way ====>
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    actually my point was our society has no problem paying someone who play acts or sings millions of dollars but some people think that their families don't deserve half of it

    marriage is a partnership

    if you go into a business partnership, and the agreement going in is that one is the engineer and the other is the salesman, then the engineer sells some of his ideas to some company to make some extra money has his partner been wronged?

    if that partnership breaks up because of this action wouldn't they both be due half of the business's net worth?

    in this particular situation i don't think it was a "no fault" divorce so lets not talk about it as if she just got tired of putting up with his ego

    they had a partnership, mel decided that there were some things he wanted that were not part of the original partnership agreement and now the family's net worth is being divided

    seems pretty straight forward to me


    Quote Originally Posted by estrickland89 View Post
    Why wouldn't two people want to become a whole, an equal.
    no man is complete until he's married, then he's finished
    Last edited by Balaam; 02-04-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: i like to edit instead of dbl post
    blessed are the geeks: for they shall inherit the earth


  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balaam View Post
    actually my point was our society has no problem paying someone who play acts or sings millions of dollars but some people think that their families don't deserve half of it

    marriage is a partnership

    if you go into a business partnership, and the agreement going in is that one is the engineer and the other is the salesman, then the engineer sells some of his ideas to some company to make some extra money has his partner been wronged?

    if that partnership breaks up because of this action wouldn't they both be due half of the business's net worth?

    in this particular situation i don't think it was a "no fault" divorce so lets not talk about it as if she just got tired of putting up with his ego

    they had a partnership, mel decided that there were some things he wanted that were not part of the original partnership agreement and now the family's net worth is being divided

    seems pretty straight forward to me


    no man is complete until he's married, then he's finished
    Ok, But then the question would be, is that how it should be?
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    thata way ====>
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    i really do understand that empathy isn't all that wide spread
    i'll try to give you a little lesson.

    first put yourself in her shoes
    there's 800 million dollars in the account, you have eleven kids, you're 50ish and your husband knocks up some girl (less than half his age) and it makes it all over the news, all your friends know what happened
    just for the sake of argument lets forget all the other things that you put up with over the last few years like when he was done for DUI and blamed the jews.

    don't forget you've been out of work for more than 30 years so getting a new gig is gonna be hard and those 11 kids are kinda used to living in a certain lifestyle that comes with having 800M in the bank and your husband isn't really the kinda guy you would trust to take the kids and do the right thing

    you and him decide to split so he can pursue a new life without the ties that bind
    so now... what do you think you should get in the way of a settlement?

    edit: if i seem to be a little "on the side of the wife" i'm really not
    i just don't feel all that sorry for mel
    i mean really... poor poor mel he being left with only 400 million dollars in the bank, how will he survive?
    with his new wife and baby, who's going to pay for the pampers and similac
    Last edited by Balaam; 02-05-2012 at 01:15 AM.
    blessed are the geeks: for they shall inherit the earth


  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balaam View Post
    i really do understand that empathy isn't all that wide spread
    i'll try to give you a little lesson.

    first put yourself in her shoes
    there's 800 million dollars in the account, you have eleven kids, you're 50ish and your husband knocks up some girl (less than half his age) and it makes it all over the news, all your friends know what happened
    just for the sake of argument lets forget all the other things that you put up with over the last few years like when he was done for DUI and blamed the jews.

    don't forget you've been out of work for more than 30 years so getting a new gig is gonna be hard and those 11 kids are kinda used to living in a certain lifestyle that comes with having 800M in the bank and your husband isn't really the kinda guy you would trust to take the kids and do the right thing

    you and him decide to split so he can pursue a new life without the ties that bind
    so now... what do you think you should get in the way of a settlement?

    edit: if i seem to be a little "on the side of the wife" i'm really not
    i just don't feel all that sorry for mel
    i mean really... poor poor mel he being left with only 400 million dollars in the bank, how will he survive?
    with his new wife and baby, who's going to pay for the pampers and similac
    I don't care about Mel Gibson. I also don't feel she should get 425 million dollars for what poor people go through all the time.
    SS37

    Less QQ more PewPew

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •